“Nice surprise”

Description: Phone: (801) 779-4730
West Jordan, Utah
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I met another couple at ZY back in January and really enjoyed our experience. We ordered a cheese tray with Truffle Tremor, Port Salut, Mimolette, La Caseria, Parmesan Regiano. We left it up to the waiter to choose the best cheeses and he gave us a hefty helping of each and they were fabulous. My girlfriend and I ordered the stuffed the wild mushroom, spinach, goat cheese stuffed pepper with toasted pine nuts & herbs (AMAZING), my husband ordered beer brined Mary’s chicken, skillet potatoes with beans & bacon, grain mustard glaze (he said it was pretty good), and my friend's husband ordered the Baked mac & cheese with Creminelli prosciutto cotto & English peas (he said it was too much of one flavor). My husband and I shared the goat cheese cheesecake (AMAZING) and our friends loved the chocolate dessert.
We liked our experience so much that we went back the next weekend with another couple. We decided to get the cheese tray, again. I ordered the trout and Brussels sprouts, my husband ordered the cod, and our friends ordered the salmon (quite the show), and the stuffed pepper. And we ordered the amazing goat cheese cheesecake again. I didn't enjoy my fish as much as I had enjoyed the stuffed pepper the previous weekend.
We haven't been back but we really did enjoy our time at ZY. The restaurant has such a great ambiance.

• Visited January 2013

Belton, Missouri
“Comfortable Elegance”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

From the moment you approach the front door of Zy Food Wine and Cheese in Salt Lake City you feel the vibe of a great experience about to happen Miles will greet you at the front door with a welcoming smile and a sense that you might have crossed paths before. The staff clearly knows how to take care of their guests with meticulous attention to detail but without interrupting a conversation. My server was Cassie and she was able to assist me in pairing a nice wine with the duck entree I choose. There was a wide variety of selections making it difficult to choose but the duck breast was delicious. Chef used a trio of scratch prepared sauces to enhance the meat served at the perfect temperature. This was served with a fried egg and edemame and garnished with lively scallions that really complemented the dish. I completed the meal with the goat cheese cheesecake and french press coffee. The cheesecake was more the consistency of a whipped cream or yoghurt and was topped with a berry compote that matched perfectly with the tart nature of the goat cheese. My visit was on a Tuesday night without a resevation but I am sure that if you want to enjoy the comfortable elegance of Zy it would be a good idea to secure one. The service staff made me feel like I was dining with a group of friends taking care of me though I was alone on this visit. The only issue I noticed that was bothersome was the reflection of the sun off the building across the street as it was going down but other than that I would highly reccommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Park City, Utah
“Amazing engagement dinner!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My boyfriend proposed to me tonight so we decided to go to this restaurant for a nice dinner. It was even more amazing than we expected. We started out with an amazing cheese and wine plate that our server highly recommended. We then got the gnocchi and Pichetto appetizer which was fantastic as well! We shared the strip steak as an entree which was plenty of food for the both of us. To top off the night the manager personally came to congratulate us and then gave us a free dessert as well as a congratulations card with a $15 gift card for our next visit! I would highly recommend this place for any special occasion or just for a nice night out. Thank you again Hannah and Miles!!

• Visited April 2013
salt lake city
“A Winning Combination of Service and Food”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Lunch at ZY is delicious and a wonderful menu. The restaurant is clean, fashionable, and high quality. The service is excellent with very knowledgeable wait staff. We liked Jed's suggestions.

• Visited February 2013
Elkin, NC
“Very good, had the Duck”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I nicked the rating for value, and because the Duck was great bit I have had much better.

That said, I loved the service, the atmosphere, the dessert, and the Duck was ok. The Duck was $28 with nothing but the Duck. No salad, side veggie, or anything else. At that price, you better be up there with the best. It fell short, even though it is good Duck.

The wine was $9 and also lacked value for the quality.

I think another dish could have certainly earned a 5 star, though.

You still cannot go wrong unless you are looking for price commensurate with overall quality.

• Visited February 2013