“Fantastic Hotel-Don't Miss Sunday Brunch!”

Grand America Hotel
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Nashville
“Fantastic Hotel—Don't Miss Sunday Brunch!”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We came for a friend's wedding (at La Caille, another gorgeous spot) and were shocked at how incredible this hotel is. I've stayed at many top hotels, and this one may be one of the best!

Fresh cookies at check in, great service, beautiful room/bathroom—the decor throughout the hotel is ornate but tasteful. The pool outside was relaxing—they have floats for guests to use, and the poolside food was delicious. The hot tub was also a plus at night!

If you go, don't miss the Sunday Brunch. It's the most amazing brunch I've ever been to—and I have been to quite a few. A crepe bar, sushi bar, dessert bar, omelet bar, orange juice squeezed in front of you, fresh strawberry or pear smoothies, goji berry juice, beef carpaccio, mac and cheese served in a large half of a cheese wheel, crab legs cut horizontally in half so that you can just scoop out the meat, etc. Amazing.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Spokane
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Nestled into the downtown area of Salt Lake and the mountains on either side of town you would never expect a 5 star hotel, but low and behold there is one! My husband and I were very impressed with everything about this hotel. The room had a step out balcony that faced East on the 22nd floor and had an amazing view of the Wasatch mountains. For the hotel being 7 years old, you could not even tell. Not once was there a notice that others have stayed in this room. Not chipped paint, no stains on carpet, linens were divine and the bathroom with all of the marble was beautiful. The staff were very courteous and the conceierge was very helpful with any need. The chocolates left on the pillows each night were a very nice touch and delicious as well. The mini-bar was reasonably priced too. We never sat in the lobby but it was beautiful. One spot we did love is the Gibson Girl lounge. It is tucked away down a hallway on the main floor and you would have no idea you were in SLC by the look and feel of this room. There are no windows, but beautifully done chairs and fabric on the walls, simply gorgeous. It could have been the Ritz in NYC and fit in in perfectly here. We had a glass of wine after we went to the symphony and the service was great, only about 10 others in the room with us, and very private. The pool is beautiful as well and the service outside by Jose was wonderful. I would highly reccomend this hotel if you need to travel to SLC. The Trax rail system is just steps from the lobby and it is free to ride into town, about 7 blocks.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Just returned from a Conference. Spent 3 wonderful nights there!! As a previous reviewer wrote, I was not necessarily looking forward to the trip, because it was in Salt Lake City. I was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful Salt Lake City was, but especially by the Hotel.

Literally, from the moment my foot hit the pavement as I exited the cab, my 'experience' began. We were greeted, assisted, bags taken, led to a lobby where we were checked in and taken to the most beautiful hotel rooms I have ever seen. Not only were the rooms beautiful, but they were clean and comfortable.

Throughout the stay, the service never missed a beat. Everyone who worked in the hotel made eye contact and greeted us every time we passed. I truly felt like royalty every minute of my time with them.

The grounds are gorgeous! The views are are amazing!!
I was sad to leave.

London
Reviewed September 29, 2009

I did not really know what to expect from this hotel and was only staying for 1 night. However I was really blown away by the hotel, it is jaw-droppingly gorgeous, with a spectacular high ceiling in the lobby and a lovely lounge bar, where I had a glass of wine and some tapas style food when I arrived late. I also had a room upgrade to I think a Junior Suite, which was really elegant and comfortable. I cannot recommend this hotel enough, the high point of my 2 week business trip. I would recommend their advanced purchase rate if your dates are set, it was a good saving for me.

Reviewed September 17, 2009

Went for a conference. Salt Lake? Not exactly the idea of luxury in my mind....was I surprised. One of the finest hotels in the U.S.!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 14, 2009

What a beautiful hotel. 3 days of conference on property along with banquets each night. The hotel was amazing, and the staff second to none.

St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Superb hotel, excellent staff - knowledgeable and helpful, fabulous room and ideally placed for jumping on the free tram

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple