“Very Luxurious and Romantic. The best SLC has to offer.”

Grand America Hotel
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Was getting ready to book a hotel in SLC for a Holiday getaway with my wife and was all set to book at the Little America hotel when my father told me that I had obviously not heard of the new Grande America built for the 2002 Olympics. He was right so I checked it out. I bit more pricey, but we managed to get a very good holiday deal.

We stayed in a Premier Room King. It was beautifully appointed and very roomy. The bed was amazingly comfortable. We had an amazing night's sleep which almost caused us to miss the Breakfast buffet (more later).

The location is central enough that we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go that evening, including Temple Square and our restaurant that night, Bambara. When we got back to the hotel we walked around the grounds for an hour. There were many fun shops and in one lobby a life-size gingerbread house. There was a sign that siad "Help yourself" but we kept our mittens to ourselves.

We finished the evening in a lounge sipping gourmet hot chocolate and lisetening to a young lady playing guitar and singing Christmas songs. Very romantic.

The next morning we availed ourselves of the Breakfast Buffet. I ahve never had a breakfast like this before. The quality was outstanding. I only regret that I had but one stomache to fill! Well worth the price.

Wonderful stay made for a very romantic holiday vacation with my sweet wife.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valnjr1
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Valnjr1-

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your stay at The Grand. As you might imagine, the experiences from our guests play a significant part in our continual effort to enhance the guest's stay. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Salt Lake City.

There are newer reviews for Grand America Hotel

Reviewed June 12, 2014

It's a great pleasure to stay in such a lovely hotel. The rooms are large, very comfortable and extremely well equipped; there's no queueing for lifts as there are at least 6; the main restaurant offers a wide selection of delicious food, and the waiters are attentive and thoughtful. It's easy to get into the centre of the city on the free tram which stops outside the hotel; this was a relief as we had difficulty locating the hotel by car (that probably says more about us than the location of the hotel!)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TomNorthYorkshire
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have found myself in Salt Lake at least once a year for the past three years. Each time I have stayed at the Grand America and each time I have been completley wowed. It is a Four Seasons/Ritz experience at a fraction of the price. The last two times I was there I got in late at night but this time I got in earlier and headed out to dinner and came back to find teh lovely turn down service with awesome bed slippers and my robe laid out for me. What a welcome treat after a long business dinner.

The last time I reviewed this place I suggested that some of the furniture needed to be updated but I think I have changed my mind. The furniture style is right in line with this hotel's style. I am surprised to know that this hotel is only ranked #2 in Salt Lake. I can't even think that anything could be better. This is an unofficial love letter of sorts but just thinking about how awesome the bathrooms are is making me look forward to my next trip.

The room service was great too!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear meleetyme -

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and the kind words regarding our property. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand upon your next visit to Salt Lake City.

Regards -

Hotel Staff

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I don't know if you can find a friendlier staff. Very nice rooms. Great ambiance. Very nice pool area. Local law does require you to order food with any alcohol. Can ride train for free to downtown or walk the 5-6 blocks. All is top notch at this place.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2014

If you are looking for "the" luxury hotel in SLC - this is the place. Very much of a Ritz Carlton feel to it. Services in all areas - fantastic. Room service - best I have experienced in a long, long time.

Do yourself a favor and enjoy a great dinner at the Garden Café and then finish it off with a drink at the Gibson Lounge.

The only downside is that for business - you are about a mile or so from the downtown business district of SLC. Not a huge deal as cabs are easy to come by.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed here for a conference in April. The room was beautiful, very opulent, and it was lovely to return to the room at the end of the day with chocolate and bedtime music for the turn down service. I'd definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Kristin G
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. We found a great deal on the price by purchasing the "21 day advance" package. We got a King Suite for around $200. I would have expected to pay $400-$500 for the room and service we got.

Our room was immaculate, not a speck of dust or a thing out if place. In the evening, the staff came by and did a turndown service for us. They laid out robes, turned down the covers, gave us mints, and provided the next day's weather.

The ambiance of the hotel in general was spectacular. Clearly a 5 diamond hotel. The subtle music in the hallways, the lighting. It all makes you feel like you are in a royal castle.

We'll make this a regular anniversary stop.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank UtahCountyMickey
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear UtahCountyMickey-

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Guest feedback is very valuable to us and it is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having locals as our guests and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.