“World Class”

Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Chicago, Illinois
“World Class”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Came here for a conference in April - this was a fantastic hotel. The rooms are spacious and immaculate (obviously this is a given for this level). Gym decent sized. I think had to pay for spa/pool entrance. The grounds are beautiful, conference rooms are also great. Had a nice shuttle service to the convention center.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank BLuo1888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Wonderful time while visiting for a convention. The hotel certainly is grand. The grounds are beautiful and the room was very clean and comfortable. Great service all around. Very glad that we stayed at this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank kikosari
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very similar to a Ritz. Well appointed, clean, quiet, comfortable rooms with white marble baths and ample space. Though I stayed in a King Suite. Very helpful, courteous staff, and common areas that dazzle. Truly a first class hotel. Nice location for downtown. Ample parking underground.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank andrew c
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our recent visit was not the first time we have stayed here but it was definitely the best. The staff that was there during our stay was absolutely awesome. I just love this hotel. The pool was so nice and was heated so it was really comfortable even with the cooler temperature.
The hotel is in a great part of the city and public transportation is a breeze and really convenient. We will for sure come back to stay everytime

Room Tip: Executive King is our preference. Ask for a North Facing Room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ebbenny
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The room we stayed in was an upgrade and had a nice sitting area! The two very separate sinks were perfect for two people.
The formal courtyard had so many beautiful tulips blooming and a deer family statue.
We stayed mid May 2014.

The candy/coffee shop had limited hours which we unfortunately missed each day.
It's an easy walk to the downtown area and restaurants like Starbucks, Atlantic Fish and the one in the hotel... Garden?

Room Tip: The upgrade to a larger room is very nice, it was on the top floor too! Over seeing the courtyard w...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Pamela M
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Pamela M-

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Grand. We look forward to serving you once again when your travel plans bring you back to Salt Lake City!
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed May 28, 2014

From the time I entered this hotel in Salt lake City until I left, I was impressed with almost all of its features and with the staff. I had to wait for my room to be ready on check in but the desk clerk was extremely solicitous. She called when it was ready and she upgraded me to a corner room which was large and seemed like a suite. the fitness facility was topnotch as were the hotel restaurants and even the food. The hotel had a variety of upscale shops, particularly a patisserie.which served gelato and all sorts of gourmet chocolates. I was at the hotel for a convention and I found the meeting rooms well appointed and the breakout areas quite nice. I ordered room service and I was quite pleased with the timeliness and the service upon arrival. the hotel even had a car service to the airport which made the trip much easier and quicker.

I had been to Salt Lake before, but I had not experienced this hotel Up until this trip I would have not recommended anywhere to stay in Salt Lake. I now would recommend the Grand America Hotel. I stayed in a sister hotel in San Diego which I thought was quite nice. This one's better.

Room Tip: I only experienced the corner room which overlooked the downtown area. I found it sunny, bright, an...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RcikS
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Grand America in SLC is a tremendous hotel. Its inner courtyard is truly exquisite with its wide array of flowers, and I loved the live harpist in the lounge area. The room itself was also elegant and classy. The bathroom is exceptional as well, featuring fine products. I enjoyed everything about my stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business