“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The room we stayed in was an upgrade and had a nice sitting area! The two very separate sinks were perfect for two people.
The formal courtyard had so many beautiful tulips blooming and a deer family statue.
We stayed mid May 2014.

The candy/coffee shop had limited hours which we unfortunately missed each day.
It's an easy walk to the downtown area and restaurants like Starbucks, Atlantic Fish and the one in the hotel... Garden?

Room Tip: The upgrade to a larger room is very nice, it was on the top floor too! Over seeing the courtyard w...
1 Thank Pamela M
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Pamela M-

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Grand. We look forward to serving you once again when your travel plans bring you back to Salt Lake City!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed May 28, 2014

From the time I entered this hotel in Salt lake City until I left, I was impressed with almost all of its features and with the staff. I had to wait for my room to be ready on check in but the desk clerk was extremely solicitous. She called when it was ready and she upgraded me to a corner room which was large and seemed like a suite. the fitness facility was topnotch as were the hotel restaurants and even the food. The hotel had a variety of upscale shops, particularly a patisserie.which served gelato and all sorts of gourmet chocolates. I was at the hotel for a convention and I found the meeting rooms well appointed and the breakout areas quite nice. I ordered room service and I was quite pleased with the timeliness and the service upon arrival. the hotel even had a car service to the airport which made the trip much easier and quicker.

I had been to Salt Lake before, but I had not experienced this hotel Up until this trip I would have not recommended anywhere to stay in Salt Lake. I now would recommend the Grand America Hotel. I stayed in a sister hotel in San Diego which I thought was quite nice. This one's better.

Room Tip: I only experienced the corner room which overlooked the downtown area. I found it sunny, bright, an...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RcikS
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Grand America in SLC is a tremendous hotel. Its inner courtyard is truly exquisite with its wide array of flowers, and I loved the live harpist in the lounge area. The room itself was also elegant and classy. The bathroom is exceptional as well, featuring fine products. I enjoyed everything about my stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Beau D
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was the best hotel experience I've ever had. The food, service, spa, and everything else was just excellent. It just impressed me from the time that I checked in to the time that I left. If you are in Salt Lake City, you must stay here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Snoopy1029
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I doubt there are any better places to stay in SLC. The rooms are spacious, contemporary and with views in each direction ... although the mountains are the best! Staff were great and handled a small problem with our reservation in a very professional and friendly manner. There's lots of parking and the Hotel is located on South Main - an easy 3min Tram ride (the stop is opposite the hotel) into City Creek area for shopping and restaurants. We would easily stay again for either a conference or ski trip stopover!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank J-N_Holidayz
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear J-N_Holidayz-

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we are pleased to hear about the details of your stay with us. We look forward to serving you when your travel plans bring you back to Salt Lake City!
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel absolutely blew me away. They went above and beyond in every way. The room was large, comfortable and luxurious, yet reasonably priced for a conference center hotel. The service was beyond compare. The little details, friendliness and courteousness of the staff was some of the best I have experienced to date. I would stay at this hotel again, no question.

1 Thank keebj86
GAHotelsandResorts, Public Relations Manager at Grand America Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear keebj86 -

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind remarks about our property and especially regarding our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand America Hotel upon your next visit to Salt Lake City.
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Wonderful hotel in every way. Great rooms with great views - I overlooked the courtyard and mountains. Very friendly and helpful staff - some go beyond the 'call of duty' to help take care of things; this was most appreciated. Spa was wonderful too - wish they had their own whirlpool section though.

1 Thank Laurie0560