Grand America Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Little America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
Metropolitan Inn(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Royal Garden Inn(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Quality Inn(Salt Lake City)
1,611 results
All reviewsgarden cafetoy storemacaroonslobby loungeturn down servicegorgeous hotelan executive suiteseparate showersalt lakeroom servicenicest hotelfive star hotelmarble bathroomdressing areawasatch mountainsrooms are hugeoutdoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed at the Grand America 5 or 6 times in a 2 year period during which I had some very stressful business in the area. The Grand America never failed to make me feel comfortable, safe, and happy. They were very attentive. I will always feel grateful for their oasis of kindness, calm and beauty.

Room Tip: I loved the mountain view suites with balconies......beautiful!
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am truly delighted that you’ve enjoyed the Grand America over the years and so appreciative of your kind remarks.

My colleagues and I recognize the tremendous amount of lodging options available in Salt Lake City, especially during O.R!

We thank you for your trust and the confidence you have to recommend us so highly.

We look forward to the Outdoor Retailer Winter Showcase with the hope that we may see you back at the Grand and until then, will remain at your service.

Grand America Hotel

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here while in town for a convention at the Salt Palace. The Grand America is by far the nicest hotel I've stayed in; surpassing even the Ritz Carlton. The staff was pleasant and helpful (not stuffy or rude) and the accommodations were perfect. Very nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your most thoughtful feedback from your recent stay at the Grand America Hotel.

My colleagues and I are humbled by your praise and proud to know we have left such a favorable impression on you.

I hope you will consider a return visit to the Grand in the very near future (convention business or pleasure) and in the interim will remain at your service.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I just returned from a girl's getaway (and staycation for our local friend) at the Grand and I have nothing but great appreciation for this property. It's more of a refined, quiet resort, rather than a place to party, but that was exactly what I was looking for. From the moment I arrived to the end our weekend, every staff member that I encountered was efficient, helpful, and professional. Some even went the extra mile and their warmth and professionalism should be applauded.

I arrived to the hotel a day before my girlfriends in order to enjoy a little 'me time' and finish some work before my friends arrived Friday morning. This included a trip to the spa for a facial and eyelash tint. Shelley, the esthetician, created a comfortable atmosphere and I left the spa looking and feeling wonderful! My skin has never felt so refreshed, that I went directly online and immediately purchased the products she used (I skipped the purchase in the spa lobby in order to make my air travel a little less hectic). Additionally, I was able to use the spa sauna and steam prior to my treatment and enjoyed the calm and relaxing locker room/resting area and super comfy robes. My only recommendation is to add a several more magazines near the chaises as there was only one available, but three women waiting for treatment.

After dinner I needed a pick me up to keep me awake and finish some work in my room. Although I could have ordered room service, I also wanted to walk around the property, stretch my legs, and find some coffee. Although the hotel doesn't have an evening cafe cart for take out coffee (that I noticed), Judd, at the Garden Cafe, was extremely helpful and created a little to go coffee spread for me to take back to my room. I was really thankful for his friendliness and effort to go the extra mile for what might have been an atypical request.

Our room, a tasteful and spacious executive suite with two queens in the garden wing, faced the outdoor pool and was terrific. The decor screams 'french country grandmother,' but is suited for the style of the hotel. The mattresses were comfortable for us, and we had a flat screen in the bedroom and older version TV in the living area. For the amount of time we spent in the room (not much) it was perfectly acceptable. I was very surprised to find a tray of berries and AMAZING chocolates upon arrival and really appreciated this touch. We could hear some remnants of fireworks on Saturday evening and some muffled music from the pool, but it wasn't bothersome at all. The windows/sliders do a good job cushioning the sounds from outside. One recommendation would be to add patio furniture to the balcony. I found it odd that we had a large terrace with no place to sit and enjoy the view.

Overall, we had a great time at the Grand. The outdoor pool was relaxing, the staff were professional, and the room service was efficient and tasty. I would recommend the Grand to anyone visiting Salt Lake.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank poppersRNO
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your wonderful and detailed feedback from your recent visit to the Grand America Hotel.

We are humbled that you entrusted the Grand with your get-a-way weekend and could not be more honored to have earned such high praise. I have shared your special recognition with my colleague, Jed, who assisted you with a coffee service to take back to your room. It is always nice seeing how personal touches can so greatly impact our guest experience.

Thank you again for your valued remarks, we look forward to your return and will remain at your service.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Rooms was great. Accommodations were not ready beyond check-in time. Both rooms were missed on daily cleaning one day. They have plumbing issues(hot/cold, bathtub even running). All this with major convention in town. Because of this, appeared to look understaffed and we know better.

• Stayed: July 2011
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Please accept my sincere apologies for the underwhelming impression left on you during your recent stay at the Grand America Hotel. While I am pleased you enjoyed our guest rooms, I am terribly disappointed with the state of “readiness” you experienced from our hotel during the National Governors Association.

I assure you, the comments you shared regarding water temperature and daily housekeeping service were immediately addressed with my management team.

I sincerely hope we have not lost you as a guest and you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Grand America. When issues such as this occur, we make every effort to own up to them in earnest so that we may bring about full resolution.

I would be most interested in discussing your experience in greater detail as part of our continuous effort to provide a consistent and reliable guest experience. You have my personal invitation to contact me when your travels next bring you back to Salt Lake City at: abartholomew@grandamerica.com.

In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back and remain at your service.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I am shocked. The web photos make the hotel seem a bit fake or over done. This is simply one of the classiest hotels in which one could ever stay. The lobby and all public rooms would make the Four Seasons blush. Our suite for $289/night has exceptionally elegant carpeting, furniture, art, bathrooms, etc. The views of Salt Lake City at night (as I'm writing, I'm looking out at the beautiful views) is spectacular. The bathrooms have that beautiful, English style wooden cabinetry with gorgeous white marble. The shower has the thick crystal-esque glass with separate beautiful bathtub. The walk-in closet is large with gorgeous english style painted wooden cabinetry.

The entire hotel from its exterior, to the driveway, to the interiors, to the bedrooms exudes class. This is a magnificent hotel. Come and enjoy it without any hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Dear guest.

Thank you for sharing you most candid feedback from your recent experience at The Grand America Hotel.

I was delighted to read your very kind remarks will indeed share your heartfelt comments with my colleagues.

I’ve been in this industry for many years so I can tell you with out hesitation, that my colleagues and I are truly fortunate to work for an organization that is unquestionably committed to providing warm and gracious accommodations at the highest level.

Thank you again for such high praise. We look forward to seeing you back at the Grand soon and in the interim, will remain at your service.