Grand America Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$99
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$109
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$191
  • Pool
$139
$123
$106
Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$89
Courtyard
$90
$89
University Guest House & Conference Center(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$145
1,611 results
All reviewsgarden cafetoy storemacaroonslobby loungeturn down servicegorgeous hotelan executive suiteseparate showersalt lakeroom servicenicest hotelfive star hotelmarble bathroomdressing areawasatch mountainsrooms are hugeoutdoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2011

They have the hotel thing down here. Everything in it's place, everything top notch, high quality ...I mean, this is a serious property!

If I had to make a less than stellar comments (this is really a stretch), I'd ask for more elevators and/or stairwells that you can actually use.

I hope I get the opportunity to stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Get as high a floor as possible for the best view.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with us and are flattered by your thoughtful remarks.

My colleagues and I surely recognize the many lodging options available for your consideration. We thank you for the opportunity to earn your trust on this occasion and look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand for many years to come. Until then, we will remain at your service.

Grand America Hotel

Reviewed April 5, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Grand America. The lobby and common areas are elegant, beautiful and spotless -- you'd struggle to find a fleck of dust anywhere. You could easily put it up against a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, and it'd hold its own.

While the rooms are spacious and clean, they need updating. It felt a little like staying in your grandmother's guest room. The TVs were old and outdated, the brass fixtures showed signs of wear, the floral bedspread had seen better days, and the mattress was hard and extremely uncomfortable. I've slept on better mattresses in Eastern Europe. In fairness to the Grand America, they're aware that their beds need updating and are taking steps to replace them. They're currently experimenting with different mattresses, and they were kind enough to move us into a room with a new one -- a world of difference it made! If you're going to the hotel, I'd encourage you to request a room with one of these "test" mattresses.

When all is said and done, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Salt Lake City, and would strongly recommend you stay here, too. It's centrally located, it's elegant, it's clean, and the staff are very service-oriented. Can't ask for much more, and the Grand America won't disappoint!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new mattress
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ARCJCM
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I found your remarks to be quite accurate and impartial. I truly appreciate receiving candid feedback detailing the expectations of our guests. It’s a tremendous help.

Along with the redesign of Grand America’s sleep experience; we are also updating guestroom/guest suite televisions to 42” plasma sets. We are hopeful to have the project completed by the end of 2011.

Kindly be advised, the Grand America Hotel is in its 10th year of operation and you can be assured whether it’s beds, TVs, spa equipment or banquet china, we are making every effort to maintain an up-to-date, fresh and gracious hotel.

That being said, we were especially proud you recognized our efforts to provide as such and have recommended us so highly. We look forward to your return visit and in the interim, will remain at your service.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

My husband and i stayed here for 3 nights in Feb. Just a quick get out of town. We were pleased with pretty much everything. The dining inside the hotel was not always what we wanted, but there are lots of restaurants close by and a great concierge staff to make reservations.

I would almost go back to SLC just for another stay at this very nice old world hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. We are always delighted to hear the experiences of our guests and it was especially rewarding to learn you would consider returning to our city as a result of your Grand America experience.

We are humbled to receive such high praise and could not be more pleased that we have earned your trust.

Thank you again for your warm remarks; we look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand soon. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I cannot emphasize enough how nice this hotel is! It's like staying at Versailles. I was in town for a large conference and the hotel was very well prepared. The executive suite was perfect for traveling with my spouse and baby - the separate bedroom made all the difference. When I called to request a crib they offered to provide the following for free as well: bottle warmer, rocking chair, baby bathtub and a stroller. We had them put a microwave in the room for a flat fee of $20 as well. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The hotel is right on the tram line and a short walk from downtown. Even the lobby bar was baby friendly and had high chairs! We had a great trip and would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are flattered that you have recommended us so highly and delighted to hear that our “Baby’s First” program made a difference in your stay.

Thank you again for such high praise; we are deeply honored to have earned your trust. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand America in the future.

Until then, we remain at your service.

Reviewed March 5, 2011

The Grand American Hotel in Salt Lake City is by far 5 Star from the time you are greated at the door to the time you check out. The staff was very courteous in all areas of the hotel, even the head of housekeeping came by the room to make sure that all my needs were met on the second day of my stay. The desk printed up my boarding pass for my airline ticket in less than two minutes . The staff was very friendly and helpful regarding how to get around the city and asked us how our walk around town went when we got back. The room was not only emaculately clean, but I could not hear any hallway sounds or sounds from any adjoining rooms.
I definately would stay there again, it was as nice if not nicer than the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are honored by such kind remarks and humbled that you have compared us so favorably with a true hospitality icon.

I am delighted by the many touches you received from Grand America associates throughout your stay and could not be more pleased that we have successfully executed our service values for you.

Thank you again for such heartfelt praise. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand soon.

Until then, we remain at your service.