“Felt as welcomed as house guests!”

Salt Lake City Marriott City Center
Ranked #18 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Spring Hill, Florida
“Felt as welcomed as house guests!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2008

The lobby is warm, with comfortable furnishings & tasteful Christmas decorations. The room was spacious, the bed was as comfy as can be & the decor felt just like home. Room service was quick, Starbucks in the lobby was great & the valet parking guys were efficient & very friendly. When we first arrived our check-in took less than 5 minutes! We didn't like the room we had (there was no tub) & quickly called down to the front desk. By the time we got to the front desk they were standing there, waiting with another room key in their hand & smiling at us.

We had a gorgeous view of an outdoor skating rink, that just so happened to have every tree around it covered in multi-colored Christmas lights. It was so nice and exactly why we love traveling in December to far away snowy locations!

We purchased the room on PriceLine for a bargain. Salt Lake City is great. Please check out Park City (great for skiing, snowmobiling & shopping) & Logan if you have time. We're already thinking of going back next month to fully see Utah covered in snow. We will definitely stay at the Marriott Salt Lake City Center!

• Liked — The beds are made up in high thread count sheets, down comforters & down pillows. Just like home!
  • Disliked — Valet parking was $14 a day & we typically spent $5 to $10 a day in tips for the valets.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2008

OMG Bed Bugs! I settled in for what I thought was going to be an average nights sleep. Generally, I don't sleep soundly when I'm away from home. I also drink water during the night at home or away. Well, I woke up at around 1:30am and to my dismay, out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw something crawling. OMG yes I did! I turned on the light and blood spots were on the sheets. I turned over the pillow and there they were. The little [--]. I caught one in my water bottle to show the front desk and remained calm. Things do happen and I travel a lot and have heard about this growing problem. The hotel looked clean the view of the skating rink and the X-mas lights were romantic. But those little vampires! The hotel staff moved me right away but I just could not sleep the remainder of my 4 night stay. What a bummer!

• Liked — The food and the people were great.
  • Disliked — My room had bed bugs!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank ToGrandmasHouse
Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2008

This is a fairly large Marriott in a new building (built in 2000). It is located in the city center but is a little far to walk to Temple Square. The room is typical Marriott, perhaps a little too typical. Bathroom on the other hand was more spacious and upscale than average. The breakfast and snack offerings in the exec lounge were a little disappointing considering the size of the property.

Property: 4/5 - Service: 4/5 - Cleanliness: 4/5 - Location: 3/5
Room: 4/5 - Amenities: 4/5 - Views: 3/5
Value: 5/5 (paid $109 weekend rate)
OVERALL: 4/5

• Stayed September 2008
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2008

We enjoyed our stay very much. The staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. Our 9th-floor King room was spotless and a very nice size. We had an eastern exposure and watched the sun rise over the mountains: Glorious. Also, the breakfast (not included) was excellent. The first day we had the buffet. The second day, I ordered a dish of granola with fresh fruit, and when it didn't come out right away, I was puzzled. Turns out some nice prep work was going on back in the kitchen. the waiter brought a HUGE bowl of custom-tossed granola with honeyed almonds, and a lovely plate of sliced banana with a mint garnish. The coffee was outstanding and the orange juice fresh squeezed. We asked for a take-home box for the granola and snacked on the contents for the next three days. For our Saturday/Sunday stay in September, our rate was only $104/night. Also, one can park free on the street over the weekend until 8 a.m. Monday. For those reviewers who feel this is a blah hotel, it all depends on what you are looking for. We thought it was absolutely fine and a very good value.

• Liked — Clean, courteous, great views, excellent price.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2008

Excellent valets. Clean room. Good bed. Nice location. Above average hotel.

Stayed September 2008
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2008

I stayed at the Marriott with my Sister attending a convention. The rate was decent, but between the lack of housekeeping and the pop machines we stayed next to, I was a bit disapointed. The desk agents weren't overly excited about any questions my Sis had about access to the convention center, and room service took too long and wasn't worth the wait- Could it have been an off day? Sure- But I'm not headed back.... I like Salt Lake and enjoy the Monaco more (especially the free wine!)

• Stayed August 2008
Logan, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2008

Usually when you book with priceline you get the crummy room they don't ever book. We loved our spacious room. The bathroom was huge. We had an Eastside view which was spectacular. The view from the swimming area at night was incredible-overlooking the Gallivan Plaza. We were also within walking distance of almost everything downtown. We traveled with our 5 year old and appreciated the number of channel selections. Our visit was perfect.

• Liked — Family friendly, comfortable beds, great pool.
  • Disliked — $$ for parking
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family