“Fine, upscale hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
New York
“Fine, upscale hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a typical upscale business hotel in a business district. Nothing exceptional. It has a bar, but no bar scene and the hotel restaurant did not look that busy or interesting. The room was standardly appointed. Very comfortable beds though. Basically, there was nothing wrong, but nothing exceptional.

Room Tip: The higher the better view. Obviously.
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank socoman74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Rock Springs, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

The classiest, most modern and affordable hotel in downtown Salt Lake City. More than reasonable prices, parking, restaurant and all the necessary amenities. Staff is wonderful and the location is perfect. Can't say enough about this place.

Stayed August 2014
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Sorry, Old worn rooms... others call it typical. Very rude unprofessional management, poor housekeeping. They moved the concierge lounge to the lobby no need to stay on concierge level. Holiday Inn food. Will never let anyone from my company stay at that property again...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank Roadwarmachine
Tyson75, Manager at Salt Lake City Marriott City Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Roadwarmachine,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. As you discussed your concerns with multiple managers, including myself, I am familiar with your comments about the lounge location on the lobby level. Unfortunately, we did not discuss any of the other concerns while you were here. The lounge was moved earlier this year and our regular guests seem to love the change, although some guests have shared your views. We will continue to monitor guest feedback as we have not made any changes to the old lounge location and could potentially move it back. There are always improvements to be made in an operation and I am sorry you were not happy with our food and housekeeping. These are usually two of the areas we receive high marks by our guests as measured in Guest Satisfaction Surveys. We appreciate your time and will use your feedback to get better.

Doug
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is typical Marriott fare. Clean, generic, good service and a nice concierge lounge.
You can't beat the location, within walking distance of most downtown attractions and restaurants.
But..my big complaint:
As you enter the hotel, they have put their ashtrays and smoking section directly at the front entrance stairs. To get in or out of the hotel from the main entrance, you must pass thru a fog of smoke. I don't get how a Marriott, located in their home state could allow this. They have been on the forefront of non smoking over the years.
I encourage management to change the location of their outside smoking area. Their guests should not be subjected to breathing smoke filled air just to get into the hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Mike G
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Quiet, great beds, clean, well appointed, well stocked personal items, great staff (Jayson Alexander, Front desk Manager was personable and a delight to talk to. The hotel has excellent amenities, and we had a room with a view. What's not to like!

We stayed two nights and thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations, but.... sure would have liked a fridge in the room.

Rooms
      Cleanliness
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Good morning
I just wanted to share my thoughts on my concierge lounge experience this morning.

1. I took the last sausage link, my friend behind me asked the concierge hostess (who was right next to us) if she had any more sausage. She replied "no, I don't have any more".
At first I thought it might be because my friend appeared to be the only Latino in the lounge, as he certainly felt that way. But when you read number 3, the lady was Caucasian, so then it is was apparent that she was just this way with everybody

2. Less than :05 later she refilled the link sausage.

3. Another older lady was looking for orange juice when the hostess was walking by with an arm load of orange juice bottles, heard the lady (or should have) but just kept walking by to the area where the orange juice was to be displayed.

4. Not once did I see her great a single guest

5. Not once did she smile, I observed constantly during my :30 in the lounge.

Having stayed over 1,030 nights at Marriott resorts this is the first time I have witnessed a concierge representative not display, warmth, a greeting, a smile, or a willingness to help above just restocking.

Other than that the rest of my stay was over the top perfect, every other Marriott representative that I encountered displayed the brand promise in every way.

Now just before we were leaving she approached my friend and asked for the room # to verify that we should be in there as she has never seen us before.
I have never been asked this in any Marriott lounge.

I will be posting the good and bad on Trip Advisor.

Regards,
Tom

Awesome location, clean, friendly and great service.
Extremely comfortable beds

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tom C
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We decided to hold our company managers meeting at the hotel and it was a really good choice. The rooms are nice, the beds are just right and the price was reasonable.
We met in one of the conference rooms on the second floor and the staff worked hard to make sure the water pitchers were full of ice water, and the coffee was always piping hot.
It is an easy block and a half to the mall, which is definitely a nice place to spend some time since it is partially outdoors. (Maybe not in the winter though)
A quick 12 minutes to and from the airport and the views of the surrounding mountains are awesome.

Room Tip: Get a corner room toward the front of the hotel if you are there on a weekend, since they sometimes...
    • 4 of 5 stars