“Typical Marriott”

Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Marietta, Georgia
“Typical Marriott”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

A good hotel overall... needs updates though.

Location - smack in the middle of SLC. 10-15 mins from the airport by car.

Rooms - I had a two-queen bed room. Comfortable beds, decent size room and bathroom. I hope they get rid of the wallpapers from the 70's.

Nearby - Lots of restaurants nearby. There's also a public courtyard in the back with live band and open air theater shows some evenings.

Amenities - The restaurant and bar downstairs is nice with a smallish selection of food (in the bar)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Centrally located. Express Shuttle from airport 8$ and provides 24 hr service. Excellent customer service. Everything I expect from a Marriott for the business traveler. Clean, comfortable w shopping and restaurants with in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Jane B
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed July 6, 2012

When I first arrived at the hotel, I thought it was great. As a whole, I liked it very much. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was good. I could walk to City Creek as well as to most of downtown. No issues with parking in the hotel's garage. The one issue that is keeping me from giving it 4 or 5 stars is house keeping. The service was not bad, they just cleaned my room late (after 5pm) everyday I was there. For me, when I'm in town for business and get back to my hotel room, I want to relax but it's hard to do that when you know house keeping will be knocking on your door shortly. My stay was for three nights and this was the case for each night (except for the first night of my stay). Staff would be outside in the hall at 8 am cleaning rooms where the quest had already checked out but each day I returned after 5 pm and my room had not been touched.

I have another trip to SLC in less than week and I probably will stay somewhere else for this reason. It's a shame, everything else was great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I arrived very late for check in and one of the front clerks was did not seem thrilled with my request about having a 2nd story room or higher (I was traveling alone with my 2 young children. I do it for safety reasons.) but the other gal was very accommodating and did not make me feel put out. The rest of the staff was also very nice. At breakfast one of the staff members offered to get me something to drink because she saw I was trying to get my kids situated. At check out the staff delivered a cart to help me with my luggage. The room were clean and spacious but could use a little updating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Canyon Lake, California
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I spent one night here before flying out the next morning. From the time I checked in I was greeted by friendly people who worked at valet and who took my bags inside for me. The front desk staff recognized my platinum status and when I asked for an upgrade he was more than happy to accommodate me. The room I booked was a corner king room but I was upgraded two a two room suite. The room was quite large. When you walk in the bathroom is on the right side and is a great layout, it's got a wraparound corner style marble vanity that has lots of room to spread out your things. To my knowledge all the rooms have the same bathroom, so this great bathroom should apply regardless if you have a suite or not. In the living room there was a couple of chairs and a sofa which makes out into a bed, and a desk with office chair. There was a large cabinet with a flatscreen on it in the living room. The room did not have a refrigerator but when I asked for one it was sent up for no additional charge. The bedroom area was pretty much filled up by the bed but was plenty of space. The air conditioning got very cold (which is a good thing in my book). The bedroom also had its own flatscreen television. The furniture and decor in the room could use updating, but because it was such a good amount of space the service was so great, I can't hold it against them too much. The furniture was kind of worn and the colors old and outdated. As for location, it's perfect. It's one to two blocks walking distance from tons of great bars and restaurants. I didn't need a taxi or car and when I was going out the doormen asked me if I wanted suggestions, which I gladly accepted. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I live in SLC and enjoy the Marriott City Center 2-3 times per year with my wife. Select a high floor facing west to enjoy music, people watching, skating, etc at the Gallivan Center. The rooms are spotless, up to date and the service is always first class. You can walk to Library Square, most restaurants and most everything in downtown SLC. There is no better hotel for the money in SLC>

Room Tip: High, west facing room has great views to the Gallivan Center and downtown.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Everything about this hotel was wonderful. It starts with the pleasant valet service, desk staff, hotel lobby and clean, well maintained room. It ended with a delicious meal in the restaurant being served by a pleasant staff. We would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Within walking distance to nearby museums and churches.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple