“Surprisingly Delightful!”

$59.00*
and up
Salt Lake City Tour and Mormon Tabernacle Choir Performance
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We saw the Mormon Tabernacle Choir program from 9:30 to 10:00 and as we were looking around the lobby afterwards, a gentleman asked if we were interested in a tour of the building. I am SO glad we said "sure". The building is beautiful and huge and an architectural marvel. It seats 21,000 and a 747 airplane would fit in the main assembly hall. Parking has four levels and 1,300 spaces. Including the parking areas, the structure covers 10 acres of city block. There is no mortar around the granite stones....they were placed one by one. There are no columns in the seating area so that everyone has a clear view. This is information I gathered before our trip, not supplied by the tour guide. Also, the roof has four acres of gardens, trees, flowers, waterfalls and an elaborate snow melting system with water collection.

The guide shared a LOT of information I had not read. When digging for the foundation preparation, they struck a natural spring so made it into a fountain and recycle the water. There are beautiful paintings throughout and the histories of some of them are explained.

We were with the guide around two hours and he didn't mention his faith or beliefs to us one time. He was very pleasant and delightful. He has been a guide for seven years and drives an hour to do this voluntarily.

1  Thank JebTX

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is the most incredible building I have visited! To me it is a marvel that there are no inner columns in an area that seats 21,000 people! Beautifully furnished, moving artwork and an overall amazing building. A must see when you are in Salt Lake City!
Be sure to wear your walking shoes as this is a very large building! Lots of places to rest, people to answer questions and take you on tours. The roof top view is one you won't want to miss!

2  Thank oceanjules
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We took the tour of this facility. Someone greets you at the door and they take you though the whole center and it's all free.
It is an unbelievable place!

1  Thank SunCity97
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The architecture is stunning! A guide was assigned to give me a free tour of the facility. As part of the tour, we visited the auditorium (the largest in the world) and the rooftop garden. We also saw some amazing art. I was encouraged to take as many photographs as I wanted...and the guide was exceedingly patient as I was taking my time and using a tripod. I thought the guide might be pushing his religion, but that wasn't the case at all. In fact, the only discussion involving religion occurred when I asked specific questions. Otherwise, he was far more interested in talking about the architecture. Overall, I spent two hours at the center--and it was one of the highlights of my Salt Lake City trip.

2  Thank gnagel
Reviewed September 13, 2013

An engineering marvel that is difficult to describe. You get a one-on-one tour guide and its free. if you're in SLC, this should be your first stop.

1  Thank Lakedale1