“Nice stay”

Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed October 17, 2009

The exterior is a bit dated, but the interior is beautiful and recently redecorated. The location is convenient to the highway and downtown. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed September 23, 2009

Stayed at the Sheraton City Centre Salt Lake City from 9/18 - 9/21. Was going to a wedding at the Grand America and got a last minute rate of $45/night on Priceline. The 7th floor room was very comfortable, and had a balcony with an amazing view. The location was really great, only a couple of blocks from the Grand America and Pioneer Park, where there was a nice farmers market. You could also walked to Temple Square. The staff was very helpful and always mapped out anywhere we needed to be. The pool was fanstastic, as was the hot tub. Parking was free and convenient. The lobby area was very cool and large and you could hang out there. The bar was pretty good for watching sports and hanging out. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but the Starbucks had some decent food for breakfast. They also have a small gift shop which had snacks and drinks too. My only minor complaints are: (1) no fridge or microwave or mini bar (2) that there was no fan in the bathroom, and (3) the light switch for the bathroom was outside the bathroom. Small complaints.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Salt Lake City.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Turk196
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I look around at the other reviews for this hotel and I wonder if I stayed at the same hotel?

My experience, albeit a short one, was very pleasant. We got in late on a Monday night and the hotel was very quiet. I was greeted at the front door and check in smoothly. Our room was totally updated & modern, clean and very comfortable beds. There's a Starbucks downstairs, which was very convenient the next morning.

The neighborhood seemed a little "rough" - but that didn't bother us, we left very early the next morning.

I got such a great deal on Priceline, I really can't complain. $50 was such a bargain for this hotel. I'd stay here again if I had the chance.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Suzy_Shopper
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Heating/cooling units are noisy in the annex and didn't work at all on our 5th floor room in the tower. No working bathroom fan, two lights and a fan on ceiling but only one switch for the one light. Hot all night even though outdoor temp pleasant. The unit read 74.5 degrees the entire night and no effort to alter the temp helped, when I went to the desk at 2:30am to ask for help they just said -"oh yeah, the units are old and don't work past the 2nd floor". Blueish white fluorescent lights throughout the rooms give the atmosphere of a 7-11 convienence store at 2am. The light outside one room made a loud buzzing noise in the annex and the heat unit made a loud grinding sound. The light switch was not by the door but in the room over the couch. The room had an old basement feel with the blue fluorescent light. We had asked for a pickup from the airport which never arrived and when we called they said the person we spoke to had gone off shift. At breakfast the service in the restaurant was very slow and when the steak and eggs came the steak was burned on the outside and still partly raw on the inside. Then the credit machine was not working so we could either be delayed further or pay cash. The bright spot was the nice eastern european/Russian young woman who was not our waitress but waited on us anyway. She didn't know what tobasco sauce was but was able to retreive some hot sauce for us anyway-we barely saw our waitress and when our meal did not come I finally found her visiting with another staff member. The coffe in the room was convenient and the water very drinkable. The internet is only available without fee in the lobby and is unhandy to use. 800 numbers from the room carry a stiff fee and the buttons for wake up and front desk don't work, a bedside clock is provided.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank waterpuppy
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed here four nights and were very pleased with the hotel. It's right outside of downtown and not too far from the airport. The decor is very pretty - modern with lots of big windows and a hugh stone fireplace in the lobby. Our room was very nice. The bed was very comfortable, we had a large flat screen TV, plenty of room to store our clothes, a good chair with ottoman, and a desk to work at. The bathroom was very clean. The only complaint I had was there wasn't much storage space. The balcony had a great view of downtown with the mountains in the background. There is a large pool and a sauna/whirlpool. There is a big exercise room. And a Starbucks in the lbby. There are plenty of computers in the lobby that you can use free of charge. We would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jdpreview
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I stayed here 3 nites for 50 bucks a piece via priceline. The hotel's quoted rate was $169, so it was kind of a bargain. The rooms have very updated decor with flat screen TVs etc. My only qualm is that when my room was cleaned, they obviously did not clean or replace the drinking glasses - I could tell they had been wiped out, but some telltale leftover "beer scum" was visible on the bottom of one of them. I guess this is pretty typical though - you should never use glassware in a hotel room without washing it yourself! It was still kind of disappointing though, for an otherwise great stay!

This place is near downtown SLC, but it's about a mile walk (in the summer heat right now) to Temple Square and other things. Lots of major chain restaurants nearby, and a couple good local breweries.

In-room wi-fi is 10 bucks for 24 hours, which I think the major hotels really need to stop charging for! Free wi-fi and computers in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank pauldini
SheratonSLC, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2009

Thank you for your response regarding the cleaning procedures of our in-room glassware. The comments we receive from our guests are the most reliable tool we can use to measure our performance. We have addressed your comments with our Director of Rooms Division and Director of Housekeeping and reiterated the proper procedure for in-room glassware to our attendants to ensure the utmost in care is provided.

We are grateful for your patronage and look forward to being of better service to you in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2009

This was a beautifully decorated hotel. The beds were so confortable that I would buy one for my home. The staff were very friendly and accomodating.
Also the restaurant in the hotel, Olio, was really delicous. Unfortunately, they were not busy at all and I fear they will not last.

Stayed: May 2009