“Mountain View” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Los Angeles, California
“Mountain View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel lives up to the standard of other Sheraton hotels. Clean, centrally located with excellent customer service. We did not get to take advantage of the amenities like the pool, but our room was great with a lovely balcony view of the mountains. There was some traffic noise, but nothing too bad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff N, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Annie L,

Thank you for the TripAdvisor review and for your loyalty with Starwood!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Salt Lake City was the kickoff to our family vacation, hitting 5 states and 3 National Parks. We were greeted by the manager who congratulated us on our 100th stay with Sheraton. She then proceeded to upgrade our room to the club level. In addition, some chocolate covered strawberries were sent up for us to enjoy.

The rooms were great, spacious, comfortable and the club level included breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres. Service was prompts and water pressure was good, beds comfortable. Starbucks in the lobby and easy and free parking.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear walker6325,

I hope you had a great time on your family vacation, it sounds like a lot of fun! Thank you for selecting our hotel as the beginning of your trip and we hope you will stay with us again soon.

Springville, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Hotel looks impressive at first glance, but the accommodations are only okay. There wasn't really special about the rooms, the tv was terrible with only a few analog cable channels. Shower pressure was less than impressive. Overall the room was only okay. Scored this on Hotwire for a girls weekend away with my kids, and wouldn't pay full price unless you're dying to get close to downtown and don't really care about much other than the location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear EMSt0ne,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay and I'm glad you enjoyed our downtown location. You may be interested to know that we are upgrading our cable TV and we will be giving our guests a much greater selection of HD programming for their rooms!

Danville, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel is an SPG hotel so we expected some benefit. We were in smaller rooms on the road side which we could hear traffic from. A party was in the room next door, security finally shut it down at 3:30am. We had no sleep that night. The hotel has a Starbucks! Rooms are very noisy!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel, or don't stay on the street side. If your an SPG member it doesn't ma...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ASUTraveler
Jeff N, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear ASUTraveler,

Thank you for being a loyal Starwood Guest! I appreciate your feedback on the noise during your stay. We should have shut down that party sooner and I will share your comment with our security team.

Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at this property about 6 months ago and loved it, so the next time I was in SLC I booked it again. I must say I was not as impressed the second time around. The accommodations are still nice - the bed is comfortable, the room was clean and the location is an excellent downtown location with relatively easy parking. I ordered room service the first night and had the steak salad. It was delivered promptly and I must say it was outstanding!

The reason why I am only rating my stay as "average" for this trip is because of the inconsistent service I received. When I first checked in the person at the desk was very nice and courteous. I noticed the room was a bit warm when I first walked in but figured it would take a while to cool off. I left and came back later in the day only to find that the room was 82 degrees while I had the thermostat set to 75. I called down to the desk to have the attendant tell me "oh - yeah - they are working on the AC in the tower and that it would hopefully be fixed later that afternoon". Mind you it was about 5:00 PM at this point, so later in the afternoon seemed like it wasn't going to happen. The room eventually did cool off a bit, but I think that was only due to the temperature outside dropping a bit, and it was still pretty stuffy in the room. The next morning it was colder than what I had the thermostat set at, and the next afternoon it was warmer than what I had the thermostat set at. I am convinced that the hotel controls the temperature in the room, because the thermostat in my room did nothing.

Another "beef" I had was with the Club. There was a time I went in to grab some coffee and the machine was not operational. There were a few times when I went in to grab some water and there was no bottled water. The hors d'oeuvres selection in the evening was also limited.

Finally - on my second day I misplaced my hotel key card at some point during the day, so when I got back to the hotel I went to the desk to get a replacement. I showed the attendant my ID and told him my room number. He said "that's not your room number". I said "yes it is" - he then shook his head at me like I was the stupid one. We went back and forth like this a few times and he finally came back and said "I'm going to get my manager to help you". After waiting a few minutes the manager came out, apologized and resolved the issue (apparently they showed me as being in a different room).

In summary - the pros are the room and the location, but this visit these things got overshadowed by poor service and a lack of temperature control in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank themosh1
Dear themosh1,

I'm sorry your 2nd visit wasn't as good as the first. Based on your review, I definitely see room for additional training for our front staff and I will share your experience with them. This information helps us always improve and we hope you will still continue to be our guest in the future.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel after receiving a great offer online and, uncharacteristically, read the reviews later. Luckily, my concerns seemed unjustified. The room was clean and spacious and the pool and fire pit quite relaxing. A shopping and entertainment district is within reasonable walking distance. My only complaints would be that the walls were thin and the hotel layout unusually confusing. If you're traveling through SLC, this place should meet your expectations.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KCJen,

Thanks for the review on TripAdvisor! We have a great hotel and I'm happy you found this to be true!

Director of Sales
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Enjoyed the suite, it was great. Also enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries fro room service. Employes were friendly and helpful. A special thank you to Mackenzie for going out of her way to make my stay enjoyable. Club level is open 24 hours along with fitness center open 24 hours!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Randa R,

Thank you for the review! I'll be sure to share your comments with Mackenzie!