“Business trip”

Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“Business trip”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Not bad, I was here for 3 days. Lobby is big and comfortable to conduct business if u wish. Room was very nice but bathroom had sticky floors but they corrected that immediately when I brought this to their attention. I do suggest visiting their bar/restaurant, they have some good food and the atmosphere is nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank joe a
Jeff N, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear joe a,

Thank you for the comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please return again soon.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
Milwaukie, Oregon
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is NOT a 4 star hotel, 3 at best. Dated and shabby outside the lobby. The lobby was nice and the beds were cozy. Our room was as far away as possible and hard to access from the lobby. MUCH farther away the the rooms at the mega MGM Grand in Vegas. No WiFi except in the lobby??? Ridiculous by today's standards. Location was good. Probably wouldn't choose this one again.

Room Tip: Do NOT get ANYTHING on the second floor. Creepy way to get there from lobby, run down rooms on that...
Dear OregonMom97222,

Thank you for the comments on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed our lobby and I apologize that the WiFi was not working as this is an amenity that we offer to all of our guests all througout the hotel. I will send your comments to our Engineering Department so they may test and make sure it is running in all guestrooms.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I was given this hotel through hotwire stating it was a 4-star. While it may have been that before and may still have some qualities of that rating, my experience was more of a 3-star or so. I stayed on the second floor, which seemed to be their "budget" floor. My room was only accessible through the back end of the hotel with stairs, or the front with an elevator to the 3rd floor and then a very very long walk eventually taking you to the 2nd floor back end room location. The room itself was clean enough and the beds were comfortable but nothing about it was above average. The weirdest part was the bathroom setup. It was very small and the door would nearly hit the toilet when opening or closing it. The towel rack was also INSIDE the shower itself...something new for me. Also there is no free w-fi except in the lobby. You must pay $10 a day if you want access in your room. This is ridiculous by today's hotel standards. From motels, hotels and resorts almost all of them include free wi-fi. Parking is free but if you want to park in the front area which is safer and probably more convenient, good luck finding a spot. The best part of my stay was the free shuttle to Temple Square and the pub a couple blocks away, within walking distance. There are many other hotels much closer to the square making them more desirable for conventions so keep that in mind. The staff was friendly. Just don't expect an amazing experience here and you will be fine.

1 Thank Chad J
Dear Chad J,

Thank you for the comments about our hotel and staff. I apologize that we didn't give you a great lasting impression as this is our goal with all of our guests. I will share your comments with our team as we look for ways to improve.

Fairfield, California
Reviewed April 19, 2014

this hotel has a big name around the world and Service is good, with some disadvantages; the breakfast is not so good for the customers to satisfy and rooms needs to smell more fresh that customers will feel it clean. Thank you

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Renato E
Dear Renato E,

Thank you for the feedback and I will share with our culinary and houskeeping team. These comments are very important to us as we continually look for ways to improve.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Let me save you, business travelers, tons of hassle. Skip staying at the Salt Lake City Sheraton Hotel and pick any one of the myriad of other corporate options within blocks of the Sheraton. Here's why:

--SMELL. The rooms smell funky. I don't know if it's the old carpet or the cleaning products that the staff uses, but the rooms themselves have this odd, perhaps mildewy smell. When I got home, all of my clothes smelled like that room, and it was completely disgusting.

--FOOD. The hotel restaurant staff deserves an A+ for attitude--too bad that rating does not extend to the cuisine itself that ranges from tasteless and bland to undercooked. I ate two meals at the restaurant, a lunch and buffet breakfast, and was sorely disappointed by both. How do you screw up a grilled cheese sandwich or eggs? Later in the week, I tried to order room service...after 50 minutes, I called the kitchen to ask where my order was. They called back 15 minutes later to ask me again what I wanted. I never ate dinner that night--not good.

--SERVICE. The hotel staff tries so hard to be polite and nice, but when it comes actually accomplishing tasks or following through or acting helpful, they are useless. I lost my sunglasses in the lobby and asked the front desk three times to check and see if anyone found them. The staff failed to follow up with me all three times--but then again, that would have been hard since the phone in my room was broken.

Given the number of other hotels in downtown Salt Lake, I find the amateur-hour service, food, and room decor of the Sheraton so surprising and irritating. Just go to another place, and you'll thank me. Any other place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank N C
Dear N C,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, I apologize for the poor experience you had here. Based on your comments the room you occupied was not thoroughly inspected and the food was well below our standards. I'm confident we could provide you with a much better experience if you will give us another opportunity. Please contact me by emailing me at slcleads@dhmhotels.com.

College Station, Texas
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our room was comfortable, quite large and very quiet. We enjoyed the hotel and the staff were all so friendly. We felt very pampered. The courtyard in the middle is so nice to look out on. The breakfast in the restaurant was very good. We appreciated the valet service. It was just an outstanding experience.

Room Tip: We didn't use the spa and were not aware of kids activities. We did have our grandchildren ther...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jeff N, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Newbet,

We're glad you stayed with us! Thank you and we hope you return again soon.

Director of Sale & Marketing
HENDERSON NEVADA
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The check in staff was very friendly and helpful and so was guest services. The lobby is very large with a nice fireplace. The starbucks is a nice touch for morning coffee. We stayed in the tower facing the front of the hotel. It faces a busy street but not that noisy . The view of the mountains are beautiful if you are on an upper floor.The room was average(more 3 star than 4) On the small side with a small bathroom and counter top. The sink was slow to drain and one lamp did not work. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Free parking is a nice touch. Their rates are lower than other downtown 4 star hotels. Not a bad choice for downtown SLC.

Room Tip: Pick an upper floor in the tower facing the front of the hotel. If you are sensitive to noise,a gard...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Magnum357
Dear Magnum357,

Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salt Lake City
Little America Hotel
#11 of 75 in Salt Lake City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,739 reviews
Salt Lake City Marriott City Center
Salt Lake City Marriott City Cen...
#19 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Comfort Inn Downtown
Comfort Inn Downtown
#48 of 75 in Salt Lake City

Been to Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel? Share your experiences!