“Cold hotel”

Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Public spaces in the hotel were universally kept very cold - uncomfortably so. I was there for a conference and the participants showed up in outer jackets. The restaurant space and lobby were particularly cold. The rooms were average with older type wall heaters which make a hideous noise though the opening balconies is always a plus and much appreciated by this customer. The pillows are the weakness as far as bedding goes. They were uncomfortable. The meeting center food was terrible - eggs like dried leather, chicken the same, unidentifiable vegetarian offerings. The hotel is within walking distance of several decent restaurants, thankfully, though not really central. The internet services were slow and unreliable which is not a good thing for meetings held here and the lack of tech support was disturbing. Altogether a mediocre stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a balcony that opens. The main road side is sunny and has a view of the mo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jeff N, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear roya2012,

I apologize for your mediocre stay. Our hotel can definitely do much more to impress you and I will share your comments with our staff, especially our culinary team.

Jeff N.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Although the room was clean, we were very disappointed with our stay. The room's heating and air conditioning temperature was preset and could not be changed. The room was too warm for us. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. The pillows on the bed were very uncomfortable. No breakfast came with the price of the room. Also, there was a very strong natural gas smell which we reported to the front desk. However, it remained our entire 3 nights stay.
The restaurant in the hotel was expensive and the service was very poor. No one was in the restaurant when we arrived around 5:30. We had to ask for hostess to get someone to wait on us after being seated for 10 min. The food in the restaurant tasted good; it was over priced. The breakfast bar was not good. The eggs were cold and the breads were stale. Over all, we were very disappointed .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear schlotfelt51,

I too am disappointed after learning about your stay with us. Our front office should have moved you to a different room to allow us an opportunity to inspect that room.

Thank you for the feedback on the restaurant. I will share your comments with our team.

Jeff N.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We often stay at the Sheraton Albuquerque airport which has been recently renovated and located in a quiet setting--we paid $85. To spent over $200 for the Salt Lake Sheraton Hotel, we were disappointed. Yes, the room was quiet, the bed comfortable and the bathroom large. But the room seemed very cramped. Our room was on the back side of the tower (which I requested to avoid street noise). We looked out on to a field of equipment on rooftops and in the distance, the hotel pool. While watching the local news, the reporter listed streets in 4 block area and described the intense drug/homeless problem. This Sheraton is smack dab in the center!! . We felt were insecure about leaving our car at night and were advised to park it along the front of the hotel, under the lights. There is no way anyone should walk to or from the Sheraton to a restaurant. Driving is the only safe option.

For those of you traveling with dogs, there is no fee and lots of green grass around the hotel. We primarily selected this hotel over the Monaco and Hilton because of the grass situation. The Monaco told us we would be walking at least 15 minutes in each direction to find a park with grass for our dog. At night in a city with street crime, this is downright dangerous.

If passing through Salt Lake again with our dog, we would probably stay again. But with no dog, we would definitely select another hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you select a room on the back side of the tower. The hotel is located on a very busy one...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel had all the lovely amenities you would expect from a Sheraton. The room was clean and the beds were incredibly comfortable. It was nearly a 5 star experience--except that despite the fact that the hotel is pricey, shockingly, internet is not included. Guests must pay $10 every 24 hours of internet service. I was flabbergasted that a brand such as Sheraton would charge for internet. It felt cheap--especially considering what the rooms already cost.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a hotel I thought I would never stay at again. With a completely horrible experience earlier in the year I decided it needed a second chance.

When we returned we were presently surprised with the service, club lounge service and the room quality. It seems management is working to improve this sheraton.

We will stay here again actually in a week.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 20, 2013

It was just a night before we fly back to our own state, and final hotel before I left USA to Asian. The first impression is okay.

I am Elite member of this hotel alliance. They offered me a club level room without my asking. With the room key, I can go to Elite member room for free drinks and food. It's a normal Sheraton hotel, and everything here matches what I met before for Sheraton hotels.

Thereby, it's a 4.5 out of 5 for me. (If it surprise me in a good direction, it will be 5. If it surprise me in a bad direction, it will be lower than 4) Since it is not a 5, I gave it a 4. :P Also, one more thing worth mentioning... The food and service in their restaurant is actually not bad, too!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed one night last September at the Sheraton Salt Lake City. I requested in advance a high floor room in the tower. They gave me a first floor room with no other choice. Bad service to the customers!

The hotel itself was average: old building but well maintened, and comfy room. But next time in Salt Lake, I will choose the Radisson instead.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo