“Great value and location”

Ranked #20 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We love this hotel for it's value and flexibility to all of the Salt Lake ski locations. It is 10 minutes from the airport and no more than 30 - 40 minutes from the top 7 ski resorts. There are also 2 discount ski ticket locations within a 2 minute walk of the lobby. The hotel has been recently renovated throughout and has a sports bar and a nice restaurant in the building...both very reasonably priced. The hotel value is exceptional for the price and for Starwood members the point value is extraordinary!

Room Tip: A number of the new rooms are designed as lofts with a very large living area and an upstairs King b...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Jeff N, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Pete R,

Thank you for the great review! We hope you return again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'd have to say the best thing about this hotel was the friendly and helpful staff. We received good advice about restaurants, traveling around the city and what to see. The room was clean and modern, great bed. Hotel is located near the train so you don't have to drive around the city. Free wifi in the lobby but $9.95 a day in the room. Come on Sheraton, I can get free wifi in my room at a Days Inn. Surely you can do it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear tampabobl,

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel and location. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I also appreciate your feedback on our guestroom internet.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at the hotel for a weekend. There was the miss national convention going on so the hotel was quite busy. We are spg platinum which was recognized at check in, but no upgrade offer. The front desk staff seemed very preoccupied to get us checked in and back to what they were doing.

The club lounge was okay as they go. Breakfast had a good selection of fruit and contental items. The nightly apps were good with the only draw backs were they were running 45 minutes late, the hostess was concerned with one family who was there for the convention and their large family who not had club access. They were served a whole platter of fruit before anything else was put out and they were again running late. This left a bad impression on us.

Would not probably stay here again unless it was a quick in and out stay. Also beware you may get charged for phone calls that you didn't make like we did as they have their phone lines screwed up from renovating.

This hotel could Learn a lot about service from even four points hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear rlfraz,

I appreciate your review. The weekend you referred to was definitely a busy time for us and I apologize that our staff appeared rushed or late, this is not up to our service standards. I will pass your review around as a reminder to focus on each and every guest.

Sheraton Salt Lake CIty Hotel

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed recently at a convention/meeting that was being held at the hotel. The room was clean with a great view and balcony (I have no status with Sheraton.. just received this room when checking in). The room had been recently updated with flat screen TV's, new big tubs and shower. They were still renovating parts of the hotel, but I never heard any noise during my stay. The workout facilities were very nice with updated equipment. It was very easy to get to/from the airport. I thought this was nicer than the Sheraton I stayed at in (old town San Juan) Puerto Rico for vacation a few weeks prior.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BR_MD

Dear BR_MD,

Thank you for staying with us and I'm glad you enjoyed the great views from our hotel of beautiful Salt Lake City. I thought I'd let you know that we don't have any renovations going-on. What you experienced could have been preventative maintenance work.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We visited Salt Lake City for just one day and night so were not able to make full use of the hotel facilities.
However the room was spacious, excellent choice for breakfast, we were able to use the free Wi-fi in the lobby to book tickets and enjoyed a drink in the bar in the evening.
The hotel is also in a good location, 5 minutes walk to the Trax UTA which is free for central parts of the city.
On departure when we ordered a taxi to the station the hotel offered us the free shuttle bus service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Warren5

Dear Warren5,

Thank you for the review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you return again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Hotel has a good in Downtown SLC. I think you get what you pay for. The rooms are nice and clean and the bed was pretty comfortable. The overalll look is fine, bit nothing special. It is nice that you can self park for free.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear tiroloco-travels,

Thank you for your review and I'm glad you liked our location in downtown Salt Lake. The free parking is a feature that so many of our guests enjoy.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Friendly service, the room was nice. The overall look and feel of the hotel is just fine. It is a clean and comfortable stay but nothing too special. Easy parking if needed. The location is fine. It's "downtown" but would be a 10-15 walk to get to the middle of the city. Didn't eat at the restaurant because I had read it wasn't great.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff N, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Justin H,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize as "fine" isn't good enough for us! We want to provide a great experience for you. Please let us know how we can make your stay more enjoyable!