“Very Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Renton, Washington
“Very Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by the coordinator of a conference I was attending. It was conveniently located to the conference (a nice 2 block walk) and is also located on the light rail "Trax" route so it is a one-half block walk in either direction to get on the train and have most of the metropolitan Wasatch Front available to you without the use of a car. The hotel was very clean, as quiet as can be expected, and quite comfortable. The typical amenities were available in the bathroom (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion, mouthwash, hair dryer, etc.) I also liked the lock system where you just hold your key in proximity to the lock instead of making sure it is inserted into the slot in the correct orientation.

Room Tip: I was on the south side with a view of the convention center, the north side would have a view of th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CWLee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Flagler Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We recently attended a conference in Salt Lake City and selected the Radisson from the list provided by the event planners. It was ideal. Located adjacent to the convention center, it was also an easy walk to downtown eateries, shops, and Temple Square. The rooms are clean and well-appointed with a mini-fridge, good lighting, and sufficient outlets for charging electronics. The pillows were wonderfully comfortable, and the towels were thick and plushy. Parking is offered in a well-lit underground garage with elevator access to the lobby. It was free for our conference, and $12 per night otherwise. The Radisson is on the public transportation route.

There is a small coffee shop for a quick on the run breakfast. We did not eat in the restaurant, but friends reported it to be typical hotel restaurant fare. The drinks in the lounge were pricey.

We would stay there again.

Thomaston, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

If you're looking to spend some time in Salt Lake City for a visit to the famous Mormon Temple Square, convention, or business you can't beat the convenience of this location. This hotel offers clean, spacious rooms with complimentary wi-fi. in room coffee maker, refrigerator, nice sized flat screen TV, and comfortable beds. Every service provider will have the occasional problem with equipment because the cold hard fact is it will wear out with use, often without warning. I had just such a situation with the in room refrigerator. A few minutes after my call to the One Touch service line, a technician arrived at my door to replace it. Unfortunately, the replacement refrigerator (brand new, I saw the warranty paperwork, user manual he had to remove when he placed the unit into service). Overnight, it 'incubated' my food, to my dismay. Recovery is key. And I was not disappointed. A phone call to the service line and without going into specifics I will say that I was pleased with the manager's actions to recover from what was clearly an inadvertent service break down. This was not my first stay at this hotel, and I have not been disappointed in the past, yet this was an opportunity to see how committed they are to customer service. I can only recommend a stay at this property. They have great restaurant and bar facilities, well suited to the business traveler. I recommend this for both business or leisure travel.

1 Thank Skykevver
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I reserved a room in this hotel based on the photos of the rooms on the Radisson SLC Downtown's web site. This proved to be a huge and regretful mistake. The rooms not only were nothing like the rooms shown on the web site, but were dirty, dingy, worn, and outdated. The sleep number beds did not work, the lamp did not work, there were stains on the shower curtain, the ceiling, and the blankets.....the bath tub was cracked, and mold had settled into those cracks. There were dings and large scratches in the furniture, and the walls were dirty....coffee splattered on the wall behind the coffee pot. If these things don't bother you, by all means - book a room here and enjoy. If you want a clean room, DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is shown on their web site!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Joel T, Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Joel Turner, Front Office Manager.
Butte, Montana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We loved, loved, loved our stay at the Radisson from yesterday til tonight. We had to travel to Salt Lake for a business trip and didn't regret booking our night there. The valet was great (didn't mind paying $15.00 for valet parking), the staff was very welcoming and check in went fast. The rooms were nice and clean and they were very pet friendly. I have really bad back problems and they had assigned us a room with a sleep number bed which for some reason started killing my back no matter what setting I put it on. When we told the front desk about it, they went out of their way to give us a different room with pillow top beds and we had a great nights sleep. I would definitely stay here again when going to Salt Lake.

Room Tip: I personally would recommend getting a room with a pillow top bed instead of the sleep number beds.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lindale, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I loved the early check in, late check out option (when available). Our flight arrived in SLC around 12:30, we rode the Trax in, and got off at the Arena stop. Therefore, we arrived around 1:15 in the afternoon.

Most hotels would have held our luggage and made us wait until 2,3, or 4 PM. Our check-in desk guy, Raj, had us whisking ourselves up to the rooom in moments. After leaving home at 5:30AM that morning, this was so welcomed. Propping our feet up after a long day of travel was wonderful.

So, bottled water in a room gives me anxiety with memories of $5/bottle fees at other hotels. The Radisson provides 2 bottles of Nestle Spring water everyday without charge.

The beds were quite comfortable. We had a couple of minor issues with our room, but I still left giving our event organizers feedback to hold more conferences at this hotel!

• 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank JoyMcH
Park City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Location is nice and central, some great restaurants close by. Experience started off a little shaky, the valets couldn't get it together, weird that they charge $15 for guests but $10 for "events". The room itself was one of the dirtier hotel rooms I've been in, definitely needed a good wipe down...I wasn't expecting too much, but I do expect, at any price point, for rooms to be at least moderately clean. Front desk staff was friendly, which is always appreciated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple