New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Romantic Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We were given a night stay here as a gift. Our room was great. Beds were comfortable. Parking was easy. Trax is right out from to take you where you need to go. They allowed us to check out but leave our rain the parking garage for a few more hours. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I am still here in SLC but I feel compelled to write this review. I have had a very enjoyable experience here at the Radisson while here for a conference.The hotel is very clean, the staff are friendly, and my room is exactly what I expected... except for the bathtub! I love to have a bath and specifically asked for a bathtub in my room. I didn't expect to see a Jacuzzi tub that could easily fit three people. It was FABULOUS even though I was there alone!

The staff were very friendly and the food was quite good. If you fly in, take the Trax (SLC's light rail transit I have enjoyed my stay!) from the airport to the hotel. It was $2.50 for a one way trip that took about 10 minutes! I admire the city for their exceptional long range transit planning!

1 Thank singybird
Cuba, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel is just two blocks from temple square. We really enjoyed being able to walk everywhere and like the transit that goes down the streets. It is a great area to take pictures. Close to the symphony and lots of art work. Love the tornado piece.

• Stayed September 2013
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now for business trips. It is the best value near the Salt Palace (conference center). Navigating to it from the interstate is easy and the parking is good. The parking garage elevator is separate from the elevator to take you to the rooms. This is a minor inconvenience. Both sides of the hotel have good views. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The beds are firmer than I prefer but comfortable. This is a busy hotel and at high times the front desk can have longer lines. The restaurant is okay. I think it is a bit expensive. Three blocks to the east you can get better food for better prices. The conference center is 500 feet from the front door. I would stay here again in the future.

New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I spent four nights in the hotel and based on the rate, got excellent value for my money. The hotel is in a convenient location, close to public transportation, restaurants and shopping. The room itself was fine, though it did not have the squeaky clean feeling I generally expect and was a bit tired. It may sound like nit picking, but I don't like when hotels place dirty throw pillows on clean pillowcases--why do some persist in this practice? I find it gross.

Had breakfast in the hotel twice. The first day I ordered off the menu and the food was fine. The young man who was my server was wonderful. The next day, I chose the buffet and was quite dissatisfied. The choices were limited and everything supposedly hot that I tried was cold. The server on this day, an unsmiling woman, was atrocious. I had to pour my own coffee since she was nowhere to be found most of the time. When I told her of the cold food, she looked at me like I had two heads. Before leaving the restaurant I complained to the manager and was satisfied with the outcome.

In the future, absent another bargain rate, I'd look to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank nycbee
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear nycbee,

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled to read that you found an “excellent value” at our hotel and glad that you were satisfied with the outcome in our restaurant. However, I apologize that your experience in our restaurant was less than outstanding. We are addressing this matter with our team to avoid a similar situation in the future. I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. If you have any additional concerns or comments, I would be pleased to discuss these with you.

Joel Turner
Front Office Manager
801-933-8001
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Extremely easy to get to/from the airport. Close to TRAX stations and major shopping, sporting venues, tourist sites. Could also walk to most central attactrations from here. Found most of the staff very friendly to deal with for assistance and information. Found front desk staffer (Julia) to be exceptionally customer friendly! Wish that many others could learn from her in other hotel chains. Rooms were clean and nicely appointed. You won't be disappointed at this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sk8dad
Manti, Utah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was a guest for a conference there.....and the organization putting on the conference paid for the room....to start with i have not stayed at a hotel where as a guest I had to pay for parking....next was checking in they requested a credit or debit card....ok i have done that at other hotels...where they explained money would only come out if i used services or damage was done...ok understandable however here money was taken out immediately but staff did not inform me upfront of this matter and that the money would go back to me card if all was ok for up to 10 days. I heard from many others that this was something that much displeased them. Next breakfast and lunch was provided....I have had Continental Breakfast which were much better and provided more variety of foods. Lunch....I was not impressed with either....vegetables drowned in garlic and the meat so dry i couldn't eat it. The good thing was the rooms were nice and the beds comfy and lots of pillows which i do like. I personally will not recommend it.

Debbe Munk

Room Tip: no comment.
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Debbe M
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Ms. Munk,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to learn of your disappointing experience at our hotel, particularly the provided meals. We are very pleased to read that you found the room and bed to be comfortable. Based on your feedback it seems that meals were served outside our restaurant, possibly as a banquet. I would certainly be interested in hearing more details about these concerns as our team takes great pride in providing delicious meals and we would like to ensure this does not happen again. In regards to the comment about a credit card taken at check-in, it is standard procedure to request a credit card with each check-in. The credit card must be authorized to ensure it is valid and can be used for any incidental charges. There are only a few pre-pay options where we would take a payment before checkout. Otherwise it is just an authorization or a hold of funds. Although we do not ask for debit cards nor recommend the use of debit cards, we have signs displayed at the front desk to advise the difference when using a debit card instead of a credit card. I also understand your disappointment with paying for parking. There are many areas outside the downtown areas where free parking is available. Unfortunately in the downtown area, hotels do charge for parking due to limited availability of parking areas. We do not include parking in the room rate as many of our guests travel to the hotel via public transportation. Thank you again for providing feedback on both your positive and negative feelings about your stay. If you are willing to contact me to provide additional details about any of your concerns, I would be happy to have an open dialogue with you.

Joel Turner