Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$115
Hilton Salt Lake City Center(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$200
$180
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$104
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

Peery Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
AscendHotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Salt Lake Plaza Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$120
$102
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

Little America Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$129
Comfort Suites Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$100
$80
ComfortSuites
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $99/night.

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$196
$150
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$125
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

Grand America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
$362
$329
1,305 results
All reviewstemple squareconvention centercopper canyon restaurantwithin walking distancebreakfast buffetlight railbusiness tripwould stay here againjazz gamecoffee shopunderground parkingsalt lakeper daytwo blocksshower headroom was clean and comfortableparking lot
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Radisson while I was in town for a conference. I had a nice room on the 11th floor. The room appeared to be newly painted. The bathroom fixtures were quite nice, with a waterfall shower type head. Plenty of hot water at the ready. The room was furnished with a nice TV, great king-sized bed, chair, etc. Iron, iron board, safe, hangers, mini-fridge all included.

The WIFI in this hotel was one of the fastest I have experienced in a hotel. And it was free. Big thumbs up on this.

The staff at the front desk were friendly, though they frequently had a line 2-3 people deep. Maybe management could add a person who could float over to help them out during busy times. They had a business center which I used briefly to print a boarding pass.

I didn't visit the pool, exercise, or dining areas so I can't comment on that.

My room wasn't cleaned one night of my visit. I was out of the room from 7:00 am - 4:00 p.m., so I was a little surprised by that. It didn't really need it, but normally staff leave a note or something indicating why your room was skipped.

Overall a very nice hotel and I would return.

3  Thank peter826
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear peter826,

Thank you for your very nice review! We appreciate your “thumbs up” on our free high-speed WiFi. We keep in regular contact with our networking administrators to ensure we are maintaining good speeds. I would really like the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your concern of your room not being cleaned one day. With more details, I may be able to determine what happened and how we can be confident to avoid a repeat in the future. I will look forward to your call as well as a return stay at our hotel!

801-933-8001

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My room was nice - beautiful furnishings. However, I would suggest that you check everything in the room when you arrive. The desk lamp did not work. I am a constant traveler, and have never had this experience in a hotel - the maintenance tech had to come, check it, and then swap it out with another one. This is a bonafide annoyance when it's late, and you want to work! I could not get the tub plumbing to work, and called the front desk, which was fruitless. I gave up.
The location was convenient, and the staff was friendly. They allowed me to have a late checkout, which was helpful.
Light rail is right outside, which was convenient.
There is a mall two blocks away, with a nice place to eat (Blue Moon).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street where the light rail line is. I was on a higher floor, but it was still noisy.

Dear barbara h,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the location of our hotel. I apologize for the experience you had with maintenance issues. The problem with the lamp should have been caught prior to your arrival. We take responsibility for this error and will work diligently to prevent such an occurrence from happening again in the future. We hope you will return to our hotel on your next trip to Salt Lake City!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always thought Radisson hotels were a few steps up from a motel, like a Holiday Inn maybe, and nowhere near a Hyatt or Hilton. However, if the Radisson Salt Lake City is any indication for the entire chain, then I am wrong.

The hotel is actually pretty nice. Large, quiet and clean rooms. Good amenities -- iron/board all set to go, hair dryer (not for me, but still), shampoos etc, bottled water, easy internet access, big TV, comfortable bed, enough hangers for a bunch of shirts and jackets.

The room looked like it had been redone in the last few years, and it was clean. The food downstairs wasn't bad, the staff was very friendly, and the location couldn't be beat - as I was there for work at a conference at the Salt Palace. I literally walked 50 yds to get into the convention center. Couldn't get closer. The price was right too.

From now on, I won't overlook a Radisson for other hotels. This one was well worth it, and if you are going to the Salt Palace, or even just a stopover for a Jazz game, this hotel can be 1st on your list.

Room Tip: Stay higher floor for great views

Dear mattyrozee,

Thank you for your review and for giving our hotel a chance! Our hotel is actually a full service hotel and we pride ourselves in providing outstanding service. I would encourage you to continue to try Radissons to see what you have been missing.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel is very clean and we liked staying here. The lobby is nice, the staff friendly enough and a great location. Rooms are clean and bathrooms spacious. Downside was having to pay for parking. You could easily walk to Temple Square (right across the street) and to many shops and restaurants. Pool area clean and nice, they also had a hot tub and a sauna.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Miss_Tracey_Lacey,

Thank you for your review and your business! Many guests find our location to be very convenient for a variety of reasons. If it’s shopping you’re looking for, we are very close to both City Creek Mall and Gateway Mall. If you would like to attend a concert at Abravanel Hall or a Jazz game at Energy Solutions, you simply can’t beat our location. I understand your disappointment with the parking fee. Most hotels that guests stay in outside of downtown areas do not charge for parking. Our parking fees are competitive with other full service downtown hotels. We often have reservation packages available that include parking, but it is not included with our normal rates. We always take pleasure in knowing that a guest, like yourself, had a wonderful experience. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

As a professional (and constant) traveler, I am careful to judge a hotel on how it stacks up to expectations by people who know hotels well - not by how the occasional guest feels. This hotel has been consistently good over the 2 dozen or so nights I've stayed there over the past 3 years, and my colleagues seem to feel the same. The rooms are comfortable and relatively large, and the views from every room I have had, no matter which side of the hotel I have stayed, have been wonderful!. The best part is that every room has a broad view - not staring into another office building or hotel, so leaving the curtains open is generally not a problem. To me, a hotel is useless if the air conditioning doesn't work well, and the Raddisson's is great. I HAVE to have a cool room at night or I can't sleep, so that's never been a problem at this hotel, even on the hottest days on the sunny side of the hotel. The decor is not objectionable, nor is it particularly stylish...it's not the place to stay if you prefer the boutique trend. I'd describe the style of the rooms as Hotel Traditional, although in the last year or so the lobby has gone "Southwest Trendy-Spare", which doesn't appeal to me at all. The beds are good, whether or not you get a "Sleep Number" (please note that the last time I was there I was told that the "Sleep Number" beds may be on the way out...if you have your heart set on one, better call and ask). Many rooms have a mini-fridge, which is a fantastic thing if you are a road warrior. I love being able to spread out my stuff in the bathroom, and every room has a great big counter space, and lots of extra bath linens. Also, the bathroom lighting is very good compared to most; also a nice thing. The food in the restaurant (same kitchen for the bar food) is quite excellent (try the home-made hummus appetizer!), but it is relatively expensive. The Brunch is great. Being outside (barely) the LDS-owned zone, alcohol is served in the hotel. But most people don't want to eat in the hotel all the time, and that brings me to the hotel's downside - the distance you have to go to find some variety in dining. (Best options if you are walking is to go out the front of the hotel, turn right at the first street with a stoplight (S 200 W Street), walk UNDER the convention center and go several blocks. There are some very good bars and restaruants in the vecinity of the intersection of S 220 W and Broadway. My faves are Squatter's and Red Rock Brewing Co (both are microbreweries with great food options! Warning - the bar chairs at RRBC are super uncomfortable, but I digress). Alternatively, the Crown Burger restaurant, which has a near-cult following, is a 2-block walk from the hotel. Gotta try it at least once - good stuff! There's also a Subway sandwich shop (ho-hum) and a gas station convenience store withing walking distance. As for what to do while at the Raddison, note that there is virtually no shopping nearby; the area is mostly set up as the Convention Center hub. (In fact, the parking lot across the street is often rented as convention overflow and a convention activity center, so if the dirtbike convention is back in town, request a room on the back side of the hotel!!!!) It is a good base if you are visiting the Family History Library...an easy walk, about 3 1/2 blocks. If you have a car, the hotel has ample (paid) underground parking. The staff is very friendly, but since they redesigned the lobby, it seems there is lesss room for the hotel associates, and therefore longer lines for check-in and check-out. There is a handy little walk-up coffee stop off the lobby, but, sadly, has poor-to-nonexistent food options - they would really increase their revenue if they served sandwiches, since quick food options are sorely lacking nearby. But, all in all, it's a very pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back if there's a convention in town. See review for info.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear YankeeJetSetter,

Thank you for your review and for being a regular returning guest! We truly appreciate your loyalty. It’s always nice to read about our guests that take advantage of our convenient and delicious food in our restaurant, Copper Canyon Grill House & Tavern. We also have received a great amount of positive feedback on our refrigerators and now all of our rooms have one! You mentioned that you would be interested in nearby shopping. We are actually centered between two large malls. Two blocks west of our hotel is the Gateway Mall and two blocks to the east is the new City Creek Mall. The City Creek Mall has Nordstrom and Macy’s department stores as well as many other retail stores. Both malls also have restaurants and food courts. I hope this information is helpful for your next stay. If you need assistance finding anything, please do not hesitate to ask.