“Very Nice Hotel, Great Staff!”

Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Requested top floor with a view, got it! Requested King size bed, got it! My husband and I stayed here for two nights, rooms were very clean and modern and the king bed was very comfy!

Staff was very nice and helpful. Our last night of our stay we were looking for somewhere to dine after the Jazz/Celtics game, called down to the front desk to see if they recommended somewhere and to call us a cab they said to come down on down and they would get us a cab called. The young man informed us that due to traffic cab was a half hour wait, so he said he would take us in the hotel van. The young man also informed that all the restaurants were packed from the game getting done, but he had made us a reservation and we would recieve 10% off when we mentioned that we were staying at the Radisson! Wow talk about service!

Room Tip: Top floor end of hall quiet with a great view!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PickyTraveler8280
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear PickyTraveler8280,

Thank you for your enthusiastic feedback from your recent stay! We make every effort to meet our guests requests and are thrilled when it works out so well. When there is a game or event at the Energy Solutions Arena, the area can get very busy. I am proud to hear about how our team handled your restaurant and transportation needs. Please come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during a trade show; our first time at this facility. Upon arrival, no rooms were ready so we had to kill time in the crowded lobby with few sitting areas. Not off to a good start. In fairness, we did arrive prior to "official" check-in time, which is 3pm. Would have been nice if that little detail had been listed prominently on the website or on our reservation notice.

Front desk clerk was very cordial, apologized for the delay and assured us he would call our cell phone as soon as they had a room ready. Based on others' reviews here, and since we had to wait regardless, I asked if it were possible to get a room at the end of a hallway away from elevators, on an upper floor and facing north. He said he would be happy to arrange that.

We decided to get a bite to eat at their in-house restaurant, the Copper Canyon. Pleasant surprise--great food and reasonable prices; we've done a complete review of the restaurant separately if readers are interested.

About 1.5 hours later, the front desk called and said they had a room ready, exactly as requested. We ended up on the 14th floor on the north side and at the very end of the hallway with a nice view of the capital, temple area, etc.

The room had two queens, lots of pillows, heavy down comforter and a nice long desk area and work space, complete with numerous outlets to plug in electronics. Beds were definitely firm and pretty hard on the back after a couple of nights. Our room was pretty quiet; only one morning did we hear some dampened thuds of children running around in the room above us; hallway noise was not an issue.

The bathroom was roomy with pretty good counter space, great shower head with good flow and lots of hot water. Pressure wasn't great, but not bad either, and the large head poured enough water to compensate for the pressure issue. Would be nice to have a sink outside the bathroom, particularly since the vent fan did not function and once fogged up from a shower, neither of us could use the sink or mirrors to get ready without a lot of wiping and hand-fanning. A bit irritating, but not a deal-killer.

Downsides for us were the remaining room amenities. We like coffee, but don't want to stumble down to a restaurant to get the first cup of the morning. The room had a little coffee-maker--and I mean little--that would brew about 1/2 cup of coffee at a time. It also had a temperature-sensitive shut-off switch which prevented you from brewing another 1/2 cup for approximately 10 minutes. That was just ridiculous, and would be a very inexpensive thing for Radisson to upgrade.

The room also had a mini-fridge, but no microwave. The hotel guidebook said a small microwave could be brought to your room upon request. We requested one, and were told that they could no longer do that due to new fire codes. Seriously. So much for enjoying the comfort of your own room if you have to get dressed and go down to a crowded restaurant for every little item.

Also for the eco-friendly travellers out there, this hotel does not practice laundry conservation--they launder it all, every day, whether you leave towels hung up to dry or not. Housekeeping staff we found to be very friendly, courteous and helpful, and they did a great job cleaning our room every day.

One more downside--they charge for parking, and it's pretty steep at $15/day normal rate. Even our trade show "discount" was $10/day.

Overall, facility location next to the convention center is great and staff is above-average, but the room amenties need work and the parking fee is exhorbitant.

Room Tip: Upper floors, north side and at the end of a hallway as far from the elavators as possible.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear flattops,

Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel! We certainly are pleased that you found our location next to the Salt Palace Convention center to be convenient. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a couple points where it seems that we may have misinformed you. Microwaves are available upon request. There is no issue related to the fire code. I apologize as we found there was a misunderstanding with a particular employee. We do actually practice laundry conservation; however, we have found a need to focus on more training regarding when to replace towels and when to leave them hanging. Yes, there is a parking fee at our hotel. There is a $15 fee for valet and $12 fee for self-parking overnight. Our rates are competitive with other full service hotels located downtown. Thank you for your kind words about our team members and Copper Canyon Grill House & Tavern. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Late review but I think important - firstly the room was great, neat and tidy - stayed sadly only one night, wished we could stay more. Horrid service in restaurant - I specifically pointed out my food allergies and problems with foods and how I needed them to be handled. Instead on them being removed - this being sauerkraut which is dolloped on top of rye, it was melted into the sandwich which made it even worse and I couldn't even see it!!! I took two bites and realized what was in my mouth, luckily it wasn't a food allergy this time and I just can't digest this item, I was able to throw IT UP and go on my merry way and not have to go to the hospital. If this had been raw lettuce I would be in the ER and there would be much worse then this post, that food gets stuck in my stomach more and I've had to have it suctioned out. Stupidity and lack of attention of a simple grilled cheese with meat should be fool proof.. not. I couldn't eat for the rest of the day.. I got apologies from the server and the manager, but I am putting this out there to remind people that you need to be diligent with your specifics when ordering.. a lot of places get lazy, this being an example.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jane G,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to learn about your experience in our restaurant. We take food allergies very seriously and assure you this matter has been addressed. It sounds like you had an overall positive stay regardless and I am glad that you would have considered staying longer. We hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Would never recommend this to anyone. The built in restruant wasn't great either. Worst hotel experience I've probably ever had. Would definitely recommend finding another hotel unless you absolutely need to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Chetnik
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Chetnik,

I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed by our hotel. It is our goal to make each of our guests feel welcome and enjoy every part of their stay. Guest service is very important to our team and we take the feedback of our guests very seriously. Please contact me directly, so that I can understand what corrections we must make.

I hope to hear from you soon.

801-933-8001

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The desk staff was brusk and rude and the "sleep number" beds are the worst. I could have taken an air mattress with me and slept on the office floor. The rooms have been recently renovated, but aren't holding up well. Cleanliness was just OK. I found shampoo spots on the shower wall and water spots near on the desk. Both could have been easily cleaned up. The location is good, but the positives end there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chheal

Dear chheal,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I am truly sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay.

I hope you will consider returning to experience one of our renovated rooms. Our renovated rooms feature high-quality, conventional mattresses. For those who still prefer the Sleep Number Bed, we still have some available in our Traditional rooms. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly, to learn more details about the shortcomings of your stay. This would aid me greatly in following up with our team and ensuring similar situations do not happen in the future.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

801-933-8001

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Radisson is fantastic. The carpets look new and clean, the rooms are in great condition. The bathrooms are large and spacious and the rooms all have great views. The pool is heated and indoors, and there is a jacuzzi and sauna as well. The exercise rooms are in good condition, and the lobby looks very welcoming. This is also in between 2 light rail stops for easy access to anywhere downtown. The Jazz arena is across the street, along with temple square and other various attractions. I went with the breakfast package with the room rate, and was not disappointed in the morning. The restaurant is well-designed, and the food was excellent. I do wish the rooms were slightly bigger, but it definitely met our needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a north facing room instead of the industrial south facing rooms. The 15th floor is the top...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Jared E, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Mu51c10rd,

Thank you for the review. We are proud of the hotel and the service we provide. Your compliments are appreciated. We look forward to your next visit.

Jared Eggett
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have stayed here at least two times. The last trip we had the presidential suite and it was very nice. The restaurant in the lobby is great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The location is great and it's easy to get your car in and out of parking.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear KatieSofUSA,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are very happy to see you had another great experience at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jared Eggett