“Nice Suite, horrid dining experience!!!!!”

Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Late review but I think important - firstly the room was great, neat and tidy - stayed sadly only one night, wished we could stay more. Horrid service in restaurant - I specifically pointed out my food allergies and problems with foods and how I needed them to be handled. Instead on them being removed - this being sauerkraut which is dolloped on top of rye, it was melted into the sandwich which made it even worse and I couldn't even see it!!! I took two bites and realized what was in my mouth, luckily it wasn't a food allergy this time and I just can't digest this item, I was able to throw IT UP and go on my merry way and not have to go to the hospital. If this had been raw lettuce I would be in the ER and there would be much worse then this post, that food gets stuck in my stomach more and I've had to have it suctioned out. Stupidity and lack of attention of a simple grilled cheese with meat should be fool proof.. not. I couldn't eat for the rest of the day.. I got apologies from the server and the manager, but I am putting this out there to remind people that you need to be diligent with your specifics when ordering.. a lot of places get lazy, this being an example.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Jane G,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to learn about your experience in our restaurant. We take food allergies very seriously and assure you this matter has been addressed. It sounds like you had an overall positive stay regardless and I am glad that you would have considered staying longer. We hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Would never recommend this to anyone. The built in restruant wasn't great either. Worst hotel experience I've probably ever had. Would definitely recommend finding another hotel unless you absolutely need to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Chetnik
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Chetnik,

I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed by our hotel. It is our goal to make each of our guests feel welcome and enjoy every part of their stay. Guest service is very important to our team and we take the feedback of our guests very seriously. Please contact me directly, so that I can understand what corrections we must make.

I hope to hear from you soon.

801-933-8001

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The desk staff was brusk and rude and the "sleep number" beds are the worst. I could have taken an air mattress with me and slept on the office floor. The rooms have been recently renovated, but aren't holding up well. Cleanliness was just OK. I found shampoo spots on the shower wall and water spots near on the desk. Both could have been easily cleaned up. The location is good, but the positives end there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chheal

Dear chheal,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I am truly sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay.

I hope you will consider returning to experience one of our renovated rooms. Our renovated rooms feature high-quality, conventional mattresses. For those who still prefer the Sleep Number Bed, we still have some available in our Traditional rooms. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly, to learn more details about the shortcomings of your stay. This would aid me greatly in following up with our team and ensuring similar situations do not happen in the future.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

801-933-8001

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Radisson is fantastic. The carpets look new and clean, the rooms are in great condition. The bathrooms are large and spacious and the rooms all have great views. The pool is heated and indoors, and there is a jacuzzi and sauna as well. The exercise rooms are in good condition, and the lobby looks very welcoming. This is also in between 2 light rail stops for easy access to anywhere downtown. The Jazz arena is across the street, along with temple square and other various attractions. I went with the breakfast package with the room rate, and was not disappointed in the morning. The restaurant is well-designed, and the food was excellent. I do wish the rooms were slightly bigger, but it definitely met our needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a north facing room instead of the industrial south facing rooms. The 15th floor is the top...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Jared E, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Mu51c10rd,

Thank you for the review. We are proud of the hotel and the service we provide. Your compliments are appreciated. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have stayed here at least two times. The last trip we had the presidential suite and it was very nice. The restaurant in the lobby is great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The location is great and it's easy to get your car in and out of parking.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear KatieSofUSA,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are very happy to see you had another great experience at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was in Salt Lake City for business and I had another great stay at the Radisson Downtown Salt Lake City. While not everything went smoothly - and much of it was due to the extremely cold temperatures - this is still my fave property in Salt Lake downtown.

I especially want to thank Erica at the Front Desk who went out of her way to resolve an upgrade problem during check in. She really went the extra mile to make sure I was checked in and did it all with a smile and a great attitude.

My main disappointment continues to be the Copper Canyon restaurant: the reduced menu is a disappointment and food takes too long to arrive at the table. The main problem is in the evening - the breakfast and lunch service is great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GenealogyNinja
Jared E, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear GenealogyNinja,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed another stay at our hotel and that our staff was able to go above and beyond in making things right. I will be sure to pass along your kind comment. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I would like to thank them for the wonderful experience we had staying at the hotel on the December 31, 2012.

We arrived on a late flight from Puerto Rico and were very tired. I came with my wife and my two children, but without reservations. Crystal Jefcot and Benjamin Wilcher treated us as if they were expecting us. Their service and attention were impeccable!

A room with a king size bed was available, and in no time they sent additional pillows and blankets. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The sleep number bed is great.

Breakfast was also very good; and service at the restaurant was excellent.

I was a regular customer at another hotel chain, unaware of the offering at Radisson. Now, after my stay at the Radisson Hotel Salt lake City Downtown, Radisson will be a top choice for lodging on future family and business trips.

Please extend my gratitude to Crystal and Benjamin

I would recommend ths hotel to anyone staying in downtown Salt Lake City. By the way, it is right across the Utah Jazz arena.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Victor B,

Thank you for the review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and would also like to thank you for complimenting our staff. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. Please come see us again when you make it back to Salt Lake City.