“Poor Service - Horrible Beds”

Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The desk staff was brusk and rude and the "sleep number" beds are the worst. I could have taken an air mattress with me and slept on the office floor. The rooms have been recently renovated, but aren't holding up well. Cleanliness was just OK. I found shampoo spots on the shower wall and water spots near on the desk. Both could have been easily cleaned up. The location is good, but the positives end there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chheal
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear chheal,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I am truly sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay.

I hope you will consider returning to experience one of our renovated rooms. Our renovated rooms feature high-quality, conventional mattresses. For those who still prefer the Sleep Number Bed, we still have some available in our Traditional rooms. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly, to learn more details about the shortcomings of your stay. This would aid me greatly in following up with our team and ensuring similar situations do not happen in the future.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Joel Turner
Front Office Manager
801-933-8001

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Radisson is fantastic. The carpets look new and clean, the rooms are in great condition. The bathrooms are large and spacious and the rooms all have great views. The pool is heated and indoors, and there is a jacuzzi and sauna as well. The exercise rooms are in good condition, and the lobby looks very welcoming. This is also in between 2 light rail stops for easy access to anywhere downtown. The Jazz arena is across the street, along with temple square and other various attractions. I went with the breakfast package with the room rate, and was not disappointed in the morning. The restaurant is well-designed, and the food was excellent. I do wish the rooms were slightly bigger, but it definitely met our needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a north facing room instead of the industrial south facing rooms. The 15th floor is the top...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Jared E, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Mu51c10rd,

Thank you for the review. We are proud of the hotel and the service we provide. Your compliments are appreciated. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have stayed here at least two times. The last trip we had the presidential suite and it was very nice. The restaurant in the lobby is great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The location is great and it's easy to get your car in and out of parking.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear KatieSofUSA,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are very happy to see you had another great experience at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was in Salt Lake City for business and I had another great stay at the Radisson Downtown Salt Lake City. While not everything went smoothly - and much of it was due to the extremely cold temperatures - this is still my fave property in Salt Lake downtown.

I especially want to thank Erica at the Front Desk who went out of her way to resolve an upgrade problem during check in. She really went the extra mile to make sure I was checked in and did it all with a smile and a great attitude.

My main disappointment continues to be the Copper Canyon restaurant: the reduced menu is a disappointment and food takes too long to arrive at the table. The main problem is in the evening - the breakfast and lunch service is great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GenealogyNinja
Jared E, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear GenealogyNinja,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed another stay at our hotel and that our staff was able to go above and beyond in making things right. I will be sure to pass along your kind comment. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I would like to thank them for the wonderful experience we had staying at the hotel on the December 31, 2012.

We arrived on a late flight from Puerto Rico and were very tired. I came with my wife and my two children, but without reservations. Crystal Jefcot and Benjamin Wilcher treated us as if they were expecting us. Their service and attention were impeccable!

A room with a king size bed was available, and in no time they sent additional pillows and blankets. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The sleep number bed is great.

Breakfast was also very good; and service at the restaurant was excellent.

I was a regular customer at another hotel chain, unaware of the offering at Radisson. Now, after my stay at the Radisson Hotel Salt lake City Downtown, Radisson will be a top choice for lodging on future family and business trips.

Please extend my gratitude to Crystal and Benjamin

I would recommend ths hotel to anyone staying in downtown Salt Lake City. By the way, it is right across the Utah Jazz arena.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Victor B,

Thank you for the review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and would also like to thank you for complimenting our staff. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. Please come see us again when you make it back to Salt Lake City.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I can't complain about anything - our room was great, the bed comfy, the staff excellent. The hotel is within walking distance of some great dining options. We ate at "Martine" which is worth putting on the list! Hotel is totally suitable and no excuse for a complaint in my view!!

Room Tip: We went high
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neneb

Dear Neneb,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the time you spent at our hotel and the comfort of our rooms. Please come see us again when your travels bring you back to Salt Lake City.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have never stayed at a Radisson before, and won't again if we can help it.

Our trip to SLC on this occasion was not for a pleasant event. We were there for medical reasons. The medical facility referred us to the Radisson and stated their patients received negotiated reduced rates, but had to phone to receive them. I state this fact because we were surprised to learn that we were required to pay $12 a day for parking. I called and made the reservation and wasn't told of a parking fee. I called to add a day to the reservation, and wasn't told of a parking fee. I called the day before to confirm the reservation, and wasn't told of a parking fee. I think it's incredibly greedy to expect PAYING customers to pay for parking. Charge people who want to use your lot to wander around Temple Square, but don't charge people who are already paying to stay in your hotel.

Several people I know raved about the Radisson chain, and we were expecting something much different than what we got. The hotel itself was nice. The location was nice. But our room was… well… empty. Sure, we had a bed, a TV stand & TV, and a mini fridge but… nothing… else. No sofa. No loveseat. No table. No chairs. Nothing. No place to get our luggage up off of the floors. No place to sit and watch TV other than the edge of the bed. In fact, there was approximately 150 sq’ of empty carpeted space. Even Motel 6 has a table and chairs. This prompted the question; did we get a reduced quality room because of the reduced rate? So, we asked.

The front desk clerk seemed as surprised as we were about the lack of furniture in the room. So, he called Housekeeping. Housekeeping asked what room # we were in. Why does the room # matter? Either it’s standard for the Radisson to provide additional furniture, or it’s not. The response housekeeping returned after learning the room # was, “It’s standard for that room.” That room? Sounds like reduced quality for reduced rate. Nice, Radisson. Very nice.
The water in the bathroom sink wouldn’t get warmer than lukewarm. The handle for the shower fell off in my husband’s hand.

If you’re going to provide a bathrobe and slippers, make sure your provide one for each person on the reservation. How nice to walk into the room to a complimentary bathrobe and slippers…. Just one each…. For 2 people in the room. We didn’t use them anyway, but it was just another one of those little things that added to the less than pleasant stay.

Lastly, when a simple glass of milk is cheaper at the Starbucks in your lobby than it is in your restaurant, you may want to review your pricing a little.

Pros: The bed was comfortable. The view was nice. The location was nice if you’re interested in the downtown SLC experience

Cons: Parking fee for paying hotel guests, furniture bare hotel room, overpriced restaurant, poor water temperature in the bathroom, broken bathroom fixture

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheDivineMissM_89801
Jared E, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear the_divine_mrs_d,

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad I was able to speak with you personally regarding your stay in order to make things right. We hope to welcome you again soon.