“Another Great Visit”

Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #24 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was in Salt Lake City for business and I had another great stay at the Radisson Downtown Salt Lake City. While not everything went smoothly - and much of it was due to the extremely cold temperatures - this is still my fave property in Salt Lake downtown.

I especially want to thank Erica at the Front Desk who went out of her way to resolve an upgrade problem during check in. She really went the extra mile to make sure I was checked in and did it all with a smile and a great attitude.

My main disappointment continues to be the Copper Canyon restaurant: the reduced menu is a disappointment and food takes too long to arrive at the table. The main problem is in the evening - the breakfast and lunch service is great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GenealogyNinja
Jared E, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear GenealogyNinja,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed another stay at our hotel and that our staff was able to go above and beyond in making things right. I will be sure to pass along your kind comment. We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I would like to thank them for the wonderful experience we had staying at the hotel on the December 31, 2012.

We arrived on a late flight from Puerto Rico and were very tired. I came with my wife and my two children, but without reservations. Crystal Jefcot and Benjamin Wilcher treated us as if they were expecting us. Their service and attention were impeccable!

A room with a king size bed was available, and in no time they sent additional pillows and blankets. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The sleep number bed is great.

Breakfast was also very good; and service at the restaurant was excellent.

I was a regular customer at another hotel chain, unaware of the offering at Radisson. Now, after my stay at the Radisson Hotel Salt lake City Downtown, Radisson will be a top choice for lodging on future family and business trips.

Please extend my gratitude to Crystal and Benjamin

I would recommend ths hotel to anyone staying in downtown Salt Lake City. By the way, it is right across the Utah Jazz arena.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Victor B,

Thank you for the review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and would also like to thank you for complimenting our staff. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. Please come see us again when you make it back to Salt Lake City.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I can't complain about anything - our room was great, the bed comfy, the staff excellent. The hotel is within walking distance of some great dining options. We ate at "Martine" which is worth putting on the list! Hotel is totally suitable and no excuse for a complaint in my view!!

Room Tip: We went high
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neneb

Dear Neneb,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the time you spent at our hotel and the comfort of our rooms. Please come see us again when your travels bring you back to Salt Lake City.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have never stayed at a Radisson before, and won't again if we can help it.

Our trip to SLC on this occasion was not for a pleasant event. We were there for medical reasons. The medical facility referred us to the Radisson and stated their patients received negotiated reduced rates, but had to phone to receive them. I state this fact because we were surprised to learn that we were required to pay $12 a day for parking. I called and made the reservation and wasn't told of a parking fee. I called to add a day to the reservation, and wasn't told of a parking fee. I called the day before to confirm the reservation, and wasn't told of a parking fee. I think it's incredibly greedy to expect PAYING customers to pay for parking. Charge people who want to use your lot to wander around Temple Square, but don't charge people who are already paying to stay in your hotel.

Several people I know raved about the Radisson chain, and we were expecting something much different than what we got. The hotel itself was nice. The location was nice. But our room was… well… empty. Sure, we had a bed, a TV stand & TV, and a mini fridge but… nothing… else. No sofa. No loveseat. No table. No chairs. Nothing. No place to get our luggage up off of the floors. No place to sit and watch TV other than the edge of the bed. In fact, there was approximately 150 sq’ of empty carpeted space. Even Motel 6 has a table and chairs. This prompted the question; did we get a reduced quality room because of the reduced rate? So, we asked.

The front desk clerk seemed as surprised as we were about the lack of furniture in the room. So, he called Housekeeping. Housekeeping asked what room # we were in. Why does the room # matter? Either it’s standard for the Radisson to provide additional furniture, or it’s not. The response housekeeping returned after learning the room # was, “It’s standard for that room.” That room? Sounds like reduced quality for reduced rate. Nice, Radisson. Very nice.
The water in the bathroom sink wouldn’t get warmer than lukewarm. The handle for the shower fell off in my husband’s hand.

If you’re going to provide a bathrobe and slippers, make sure your provide one for each person on the reservation. How nice to walk into the room to a complimentary bathrobe and slippers…. Just one each…. For 2 people in the room. We didn’t use them anyway, but it was just another one of those little things that added to the less than pleasant stay.

Lastly, when a simple glass of milk is cheaper at the Starbucks in your lobby than it is in your restaurant, you may want to review your pricing a little.

Pros: The bed was comfortable. The view was nice. The location was nice if you’re interested in the downtown SLC experience

Cons: Parking fee for paying hotel guests, furniture bare hotel room, overpriced restaurant, poor water temperature in the bathroom, broken bathroom fixture

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheDivineMissM_89801
Jared E, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear the_divine_mrs_d,

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad I was able to speak with you personally regarding your stay in order to make things right. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson over christmas and I loved it...The Hotel is clean and the room has everything you need. The sleep number beds were mediocre, in that the one was sagging and not working and the other one worked but I could not find a comfortable number. I would ask for a regular bed if you like beds that are firm. The bathroom had a little problem, the shower did not drain very well. It was not a big deal for me and I am quite sure they would have fixed it, had I asked. Complimentary water was a huge bonus, and always available.

I had a great view of the city and there are plenty of brew pubs and other eateries within walking distance of this hotel. The restaurant (Copper Canyon), was good for breakfast buffet (nothing out of the ordinary), but good. The bar served food and made a good Bloody Mary and and a very good martini. I also enjoyed a bowl of the potato bacon soup while in the bar and it was tasty. I payed $12.00 a day for parking and the lot had ample spaces for big vehicles as well. This Hotel is in the heart of the city so can walk all around town, or use the light rail....I will be staying here again!

Room Tip: I would ask for room facing the mountains.....The Wasatch Mountaiins!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear yaisou,

Thank you for the review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and the complimentary bottle of water in the room. I apologize for the issue with the drain in the shower, had we known during your stay we could have fixed it then. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

On a recent trip in the Western USA, we included SLT. There was not enough snow for skiiing, but we had a relaxing couple of days.

Our Room was on one of the higher floors and seemed newly decorated and was very clean, with very little noise. If I recall correclty we paid an additional $10 per night for a newer room. A big plus of the hotel was the heated indoor pool and the jacuzzzi/spa and Sauna, which were all pleasant and clean.

Overall we had a good stay. Only "issue" would be the lack of onsite dining options. There is a resturant/bar as part of the hotel, but the service was very slow and the food quality was not great. Unfortunatley the waiting list at the Cheesecake factory nearby was more than 1.5 hours long, so we ended up back at the hotel.

Hotel is easy walking distance to the Temple, Transport, City Creek Center, Gateway and also Energy Solutions arena.

If you are in downtown SLT, this should be on your list of hotels to conider.

Room Tip: We had a high floor with view of the City and surrounding mountains. It was away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear JVNMelbourne,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay in one of our recently renovated rooms. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great location and hotel we really liked it. We went for a wedding. Everyone stayed here. The hotel helped us have a wonderful time. We would stay at the hotel agiain.I don't have time to add more words.

Room Tip: great location
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lasdalias

Dear lasdalias,

Thank you for the review! We are thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.