“Great stay!”

Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed March 27-29, and enjoyed a quiet, peaceful stay. Had drinks and appetizers in the bar. Much better than a sports bar...lots of televisions, euro-modern decor. Food was fantastic! Staff, from check-in to checkout was personable and helpful. Even when we turned down the $15 breakfast buffet, they gave us directions to the closest McDonald's! Pool area and workout facility were clean with modern machines. Great location, close to everything! There were only 2 things we would change: no fan in the bathroom in our room, and the Starbucks is not actually a true Starbucks, so they wouldn't accept our gift card. Minor things overall.

Room Tip: We were by the elevator with relatively few people on our floor the first night. From experience, i...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Thank you for your review! It's great to read that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. We look forward to your next stay!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I just spent 4 days at the hotel for a convention. I had a ton of boxes sent to the hotel with essential items for convention guests, and some last minute things were over-nighted. All it took was a phone call and someone was up to my room with the boxes, later helped get them to where they needed to go, and when I asked for help with a noisy air conditioning unit, the fix it guy was there within 3 minutes!!! Every request was granted without a single question or grumble, and I had a lot! Our rooms were great, the food at our banquet (a buffet) earned applause from a crowd that's used to rubber chicken or boot-leather steak from other hotels. This is the 4th Radisson I've stayed at in various parts of the world and they are all great!

If I had one complaint, and I'm reaching here, the elevators were slow.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the more you hear wind gusts. The view is spectacular on the 15th floor, but just...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It was a pleasure to serve your group and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed everything. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Cannot say enough about the staff - especially Seth at the front desk - he took care of all of our business needs, dinner recommendations and reservations. Amazing!

Room Tip: Salt Lake City is completely surrounded by mountains so every room has a beautiful view. It is only...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you for submitting a review! I am glad Seth was able to make such a great impact on your experience. I will be sure to commend him for his outstanding service. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed here for an overnight date in our own city. I was very impressed with the hotel. It has recently been remodeled and has a fresh modern feel to it. The staff was very nice and helpful. We decided to order room service for breakfast and the food was good and the delivered it on time. The rooms were quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and it was quiet with a great view of the city. North side of hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda H
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Thank you for your review! I am glad you had such an enjoyable date night. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I had called ahead of arriving for my stay to ensure they had a business center with printing capabilities. Most of the printers were out of ink and the one color printed - which I needed - was completely out of ink. The front office staff did not know whether their printers were color or not and didn't have a new cartridge so the printer didn't work. I asked if they could help with a nearby Kinkos and they said they didn't know where one was. On top of that, there was garbage in the hallway when I checked in, a lightbulb was missing in the entry to my room, and the bathroom and light fixtures were dirty.

1  Thank S M
JFEC, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Dear S.M.,
I was terrribly disappointed to learn about your experience at our hotel; please accept my apology for that experience.
We take great pride in our service and use your feedback to learn and fine tune our operation. I would welcome the opportunity to learn more by speaking with you directly but unfortunately I do not have contact information.
Please contact me either by phone 801-933-8042 or by email james.courtney@radisson.com.
James Courtney

Reviewed March 7, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. I normally do not stay at the Radisson chain. It is nothing personal but there is only so many hotel loyalty cards that I can carry. The SLC Radisson was a joy from the start. The front desk help was very pleasant and knowledgeable and seemed to genuinely care about the guests.

The rooms are clean and modern. The greatest thing for me was the power outlets. As a business traveler you always need more outlets. Most hotels now have them at the desk but this Radisson had nice and practical outlets next to the bed at table level. I did not have to move the nightstand! Thank you! They get today's traveler.

I will stay here again when returning to Salt Lake City.

Room Tip: All higher floor rooms have great views of the city and mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Thank you for giving our Radisson the opportunity to impress you. I hope your great experience here convinced you that a Club Carlson card is worth carrying. Please come back soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I was in town for a week-long conference at the Convention Center next door, and from the time I walked in the front door until the time I left for the airport a few days later, this friendly, attractive, beautifully appointed hotel did not disappoint. The lobby, corridors, and rooms are spacious and well lit. My room on the 11th floor had a wall-to-wall windows facing the City and a couple of ranges -- beautiful! -- and for someone not that well acquainted with SLC a great help in getting one's bearings. The room furnishings, including those of the bath, were comfortable and meticulously clean. The room service was prompt and thorough. A in-house coffee shop / convenience store is just off the lobby, and the restaurant provided some of the best food for the dollar that I have had in any hotel during my past ten years of traveling (and I travel a lot). Throughout the hotel, every employee I met was genuinely friendly and eager to help. Check-in and check-out were efficient and seemingly effortless. No doubt about it: This is where I'll be staying the next time I'm in SLC.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review! We are proud of the hotel and the service we provide. Your compliments are appreciated. We look forward to your next visit.