“My compliments to the staff”

Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Marietta
“My compliments to the staff”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I am a flight attendant for a major airline. After a recent layover, I was dismayed to realize (after taking off!) that I had left my wedding ring in my hotel room. I was able to get a message to the hotel, but was unable to communicate for the duration of the flight. Imagine my delight when, upon landing, I received a voicemail from the night security guard telling me that he had my ring and would be happy to express mail it to me! Great location, modern, clean rooms, AND an honest and professional staff...I definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are very happy to know that you were satisfied with our response in your time of distress. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just returned from a conference in Salt Lake City. Not only was it the PERFECT location for the conference center, but the accommodations were really wonderful. Nice to be able to leave our coats in the hotel and not lug them around all day since we were so close door to door.

I don't think there was a bad view from ANY room. Beds were really really comfortable. I want one of those pillows!!!!!! Rooms were really spacious as well.

Enjoyed the fireplace in the lobby. Nice place to wait for someone or to just sit and read.

The lounge in the hotel was also wonderful.

You are only 1 block from the FREE rail system that gets you around town!!!

The breakfast buffet was diverse enough to make anyone happy. Jodee waited on us each morning with MORE than a smile. She was the highlight of our day.

Very close to Planetarium and several nice restaurants..Walking distance or just one stop off the rail.

Would love to go back when I can stay and actually visit the city vs. just there on business.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor. Not sure if views are blocked on lower levels.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. Your compliments are certainly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay and hope you will have more free time to enjoy the area.
Colorado
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Don't buy into the sleep number advertising. Not all rooms have them and I am still recovering from sleeping on the concrete slab they call a bed.

The room was clean and updated. I liked it overall. The staff was friendly. My only complaints were the bed and the fact that my room was missed by housekeeping one day. The restaurant was decent....a bit pricey. The hotel is near the gateway mall and near the arena where the Jazz play. Decent hotel for the price.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank lorarose
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you had a positive experience overall. As a part of our recent renovation, we replaced many of our sleep number beds with a new, high-quality mattress. We have received complaints regularly about the sleep number beds as it was difficult for our guests to find a comfortable setting. Some of these objections can be read here on TripAdvisor. We have received several compliments on the new beds. Our goal is to provide our guests with a wonderful experience and we feel that our new beds will help us to accomplish this more consistently. Certainly, there are different preferences among our guests. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the new bed. We still have some sleep number beds that can be requested while making your reservation.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I usually stay at the hotel next to T-H-E Library, but since I was attending a conference and the price was the same, I decided to try the Radisson. This falls under the blind squirrel finding a nut category, it was a fabulous decision. I struggled with the decision because this hotel does not have airport transportation, the other hotel does. The other hotel will take you places, too. I wasn't sure I could give that up. For some reason I never could get a grasp of what it cost to shuttle from the airport, but once there, it was $8 each way. No problem...especially since you are trading the shuttle for a fabulous buffet breakfast complete with made to order omelets.

The lobby is attractive and has been remodeled. I arrived WAY before the official "check in" time and they were able to accommodate me. The room was on the 12th floor and I was told that was a floor which they had recently remodeled, so I don't know what the rooms that haven't been remodeled might look like.

The remodel was great. The room was clean and comfortable. The occasional chair would be a question mark...it was like a bus seat. I would have preferred something more comfortable. The desk work area and chair were very comfortable and spacious. The bed seemed on the hard side when I first tried it, but it wasn't. There were plenty of pillows so finding a good one to use was easy. They have the digital televisions. The screen was a good size for the room, but I don't know the size. I would guess 32". The bathroom has a vessel sink. I'm always like flipper in those and I don't know why, but it complimented the "modern" look they were trying to achieve in the decorating scheme. The shower had one of those huge heads. I wouldn't have minded a bit more water pressure, but I know that conservation is important. The only question mark in the bathroom was the toilet that took forever to fill and that had a huge crack in the lid. I don't think that the toilets were changed during the remodel or mine had a hard life!

Since I was staying for a conference, I had two free breakfasts, free parking for one vehicle and free Internet. I don't know if all of that is standard for any stay, but you probably need to check if you need to know.

One of the best parts (for me) was that there was an entrance to the Convention Center just outside the front door of the hotel, not even far enough away to require a coat to get there. That was GREAT!!!! My conference was being held right around the corner once inside, so I felt particularly grateful to have such a great location. I thought that I would have to walk all the way around to the front door of the Convention Center.

It was an easy walk to shopping at the Gateway...it took about 5 -6 minutes to casually walk there, about the same amount of time to walk to T-H-E Library and Temple Square. There is a new/remodeled shopping area, City Creek. I didn't make it there but it would have taken about 5-6 minutes, too. I believe that Macy's is the anchor store there. One needs some shopping in the middle of all of that research!

The food in the restaurant was varied and delicious. They could use an extra had at the bar as the bartender didn't seem to have time to follow up and offer us more drinks...a minor issue that probably saved us a lot of money. A glass of wine is $7.

I give this hotel an A+. Try it, you'll like it!

Room Tip: The 12th floor was nice. I think it faced south. The view was the roof of the convention center...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for submitting a review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return for your next trip to Salt Lake City!
CHICAGO
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Salt Lake City Downtown from January 22 through February 5, 2012 for business primarily. I am a professional genealogist and I travel all over the US and Canada as a genealogy and family history speaker - so I have the opportunity to stay in quite a few hotels.

The renovation just completed is wonderful - the place looks and feels like a boutique hotel. I had a great room which was clean and quiet. Even on a Saturday night when there was a Jazz came nearby and lots of out of town fans in the hotel, it was never noisy.

Staff was excellent and accommodating from housekeeping (who figured out my weird work-in-the-room schedule) to the staff at Copper Canyon restaurant.

While no hotel is perfect, there were so many positives that this property is - or should be - a showpiece for the Radisson chain.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad that we presented you with the level of service that we expect from ourselves. We look forward to your next stay.
Island Park
Reviewed February 5, 2012

The newly renovated Radisson in downtown Salt Lake is an excellent choice of a place to stay. It was updated, clean and the staff friendly and helpful. It's great location puts it near many downtown attractions, restaurants, and shopping. Our room was sound proof and we slept well.
The breakfast buffet was super. Much more offered than many places.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are very happy that you had a great experience at our hotel. Please come back soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2012

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. I was there for a convention and was pleased with the fact the Salt Palace Convention Center was only steps away. At night there are several dining, shopping and general attractions that are only a short walk away. One of the nights I was there the local NBA team was playing and the arena is right across from the street from the hotel. The Gateway shopping district is 3 minute walk, Temple Square is a 4 minute walk and the new City Creek shopping district (open mid March '12) will be a 3 minute walk.

The new renovation in the lobby is amazing! The design is unmatched by the rest of the of hotels in the city. The new guest rooms are on the same level as the lobby. Great style, very clean and modern. I was pleased to see the bathrooms where also renovated. Hotels will typically only paint the bathrooms during a renovation, but not the Radisson. The bathrooms have new vanities, showers, and tubs.

I only went to the hotel bar a few times during my stay as the convention had all meals provided. The service was friendly and drink was good. When I am back in Salt Lake this Aug, I will be staying at the Radisson again. In fact, several of the convention attendees expressed they will be making the switch this coming Aug to the Radisson. The other hotels in the in area do not compare.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side have great views of the Salt Lake valley.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Joel T, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased with the completed renovation and grateful for your kind remarks. We look forward to your next stay!