The positive: The hotel is in a good location for the price. They have a business center where there are several computers and printers (free). Housekeeping staff was pleasant and brought me travel sized lotion when I called to see if they had any. The restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel was decent.
The negative: My room was on the 14th floor (out of 15) and was facing the main street, West South Temple, where the Trax (lightrail) system runs parallel to. The room (walls, windows, doors) was not soundproof at all. It sounded like the windows were open to the street, except the windows DON'T open. The Trax system went by every 10 minutes during the night, and I could hear people talking in the street (seriously... at 14 floors up). My room was also across from the vending/ ice machine, and when people were dispensing ice, it sounded like my room door was wide open. Besides the noise, the hot water in the shower lasted at most 10 minutes, which was an awful surprise. The vanity mirror in the bathroom was unusable because it wouldn't stay tilted upwards.
They were currently undergoing construction when I stayed in Dec 2011, but it didn't affect my stay at all. I would definitely request a room facing the interior of the building and away from the street. You'll probably have a more quiet and pleasant experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently renovated, excellent value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Carlson, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Salt Lake City Downtown Hotel Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Radisson
- Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown Utah