Although we live in the Salt Lake Valley, we occasionally like to take a weekend to get out of our day to day routine and take in some of the local sites.
We booked this hotel through Hotwire and were able to get a fantastic nightly rate. Once we knew which hotel we were staying at, we began reading the reviews and honestly, became a bit apprehensive as to whether or not we would enjoy the accommodations.
But, with a spirit of "adventure" we decided that if it was horrible (as some reviewers indicated), it would only be for 2 nights and we'd manage just fine.
We were thoroughly pleased with our experience and will definately return in the future. We arrived at 3 p.m., check in was swift and courteous. The hotel was very clean and furnishings in the Lobby and Hallways were contemporary. It is an older hotel, but it was clean and the furnishings in our room were newer - the t.v. was a flat screen, not an outdated model as noted in some previous reviews.
Our room included a king sized bed - sleep number mattress - which really wasn't that big of a deal. An adequate desk area and nice reclining wing back chair. The walls were a bit thin (again, it is an older hotel), but overall, noise wasn't a problem. Our room faced the Trax public transportation line and while we knew when a train was passing, it was not obnoxious and not even noticeable when the heating unit was on at night. Being on the 11th floor probably played a factor in the outside noise levels being lower.
The hotel is within easy walking distance to public transportation and many local attractions. We parked our car and walked or rode the Trax everywhere. There is a free zone in the downtown area which makes public transportation more inviting.
A downside would be that a breakfast was not included, (we did have a refrigerator and brought along a few items to snack on) - but. for the price we paid on Hotwire we were totally fine without having breakfast included. Another downside would be that there is a $12/day fee to use their underground parking garage, however there is an open air public lot directly across the street that one could use for a bit less/day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently renovated, excellent value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Carlson, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Salt Lake City Downtown Hotel Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Radisson
- Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown Utah