“Great Value”

Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Although we live in the Salt Lake Valley, we occasionally like to take a weekend to get out of our day to day routine and take in some of the local sites.

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and were able to get a fantastic nightly rate. Once we knew which hotel we were staying at, we began reading the reviews and honestly, became a bit apprehensive as to whether or not we would enjoy the accommodations.
But, with a spirit of "adventure" we decided that if it was horrible (as some reviewers indicated), it would only be for 2 nights and we'd manage just fine.

We were thoroughly pleased with our experience and will definately return in the future. We arrived at 3 p.m., check in was swift and courteous. The hotel was very clean and furnishings in the Lobby and Hallways were contemporary. It is an older hotel, but it was clean and the furnishings in our room were newer - the t.v. was a flat screen, not an outdated model as noted in some previous reviews.

Our room included a king sized bed - sleep number mattress - which really wasn't that big of a deal. An adequate desk area and nice reclining wing back chair. The walls were a bit thin (again, it is an older hotel), but overall, noise wasn't a problem. Our room faced the Trax public transportation line and while we knew when a train was passing, it was not obnoxious and not even noticeable when the heating unit was on at night. Being on the 11th floor probably played a factor in the outside noise levels being lower.

The hotel is within easy walking distance to public transportation and many local attractions. We parked our car and walked or rode the Trax everywhere. There is a free zone in the downtown area which makes public transportation more inviting.

A downside would be that a breakfast was not included, (we did have a refrigerator and brought along a few items to snack on) - but. for the price we paid on Hotwire we were totally fine without having breakfast included. Another downside would be that there is a $12/day fee to use their underground parking garage, however there is an open air public lot directly across the street that one could use for a bit less/day.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ttoopel
RADSLCFOM, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Thank you for your compliments and feedback. We look forward to serving you again!!

Reviewed March 16, 2011

The room is OK. The bathroom was average but the water would not drain from the sink. The sleep number bed is very noisy. The staff does not care for your needs. Stay away from this one unless you don't have a choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

We were disappointed to learn of the issues you described; this is certainly not how we do business. Could you please kindly contact me so that I can pinpoint what went wrong and make it right. We are serious about hospitality and hate to miss. We look forward to speaking with you.

rhi_slcu@radisson.com

Reviewed March 16, 2011

I felt safe and had no trouble with the location day or night. I tried out their restuarant one evening and the service/food was great. My room had a nice view towards the mountains and the mini fridge was a bonus. Also, as silly as it is, I loved the quick elevators - press the button and one will be right there without you having to wait forever. As mentioned in reviews, the room heater was a little loud, but it wasn't an issue for me.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank gal88

Reviewed February 21, 2011

I visit Salt Lake regularly on business and usually stay at a chain near Murray. This time I thought I would get a hotel near the sights and chose a brand I thought would be a safe bet. Wrong. Scuff marks on the wall (how does that happen??), banged up furniture, a FRAYED bath mat. And best of all, a heater that sounds like the turbo engine of an old aircraft. Hey, who needs sleep. The only redeeming quality - the shower was hot with good water pressure. But I can get that -- plus bath mats that don't look like they've been around since the hotel opened -- at just about any property that really cares about its customer's experience. Wow. Will now be sleeping walking through a very important meeting this morning. That should ensure my job security.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
RADSLCFOM, Manager at Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

We were very disappointed to learn of your poor experience at our property. We strive to take care of each and every guest and if we miss the mark we are eager to make it right.
Please contact us directly to so that we may address our shortcomings both with you and internally to ensure that no other guest has a similar experience.

We look forward to hearing from you.
rhi_slcu@radisson.com

Reviewed February 18, 2011

Radisson SLC Downtown,i was first nervous about.Then,a few hours later,me and everyone else (that went with us to SLC) got to the hotel rooms and they were good.But the best thing out of this hotel,is the Sleep Number beds they have in the room.Comfortable,Clean,stay.But this is not the best place if you are on a budget.The price was ok for the whole group.
P.S I think this was in 2008 so don't pay attention to the Date Of Trip.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2011

The restaurant "The Copper Canyon" was terrific. My colleague and I both prefer Pepsi products and the restaurant serves Coke products ... when we made a comment that Pepsi products were in the gift shop and everywhere elsewhere in the hotel, our server ran across and bought some for us. It was a very pleasant surprise.

The hotel itself is very nice, I have been to several meetings here and they are very good about having the rooms set up and refreshing the ice water on breaks.

On our last stay we spent the night and had a good stay. There were a couple of problems with our room but they quickly fix it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I have spent several nights at this hotel as I'm in Salt Lake City for work from time to time and my employer books this hotel. The hotel is fine, one of the nicer Radisson properties I've seen but there are a couple of serious issues with this hotel that have to be addressed.
The first is a chain wide issue with the beds. The Sleep Number beds are AWFUL. I don't want to pay that kind of money to sleep on an inflatable mattress!
The second issue is the hotel shuttle to the airport. On this most recent stay I was informed by one of the drivers that I was a liar as he knew better than I how long I'd been waiting for him to show up.
In past stays I've waited more than 45 minutes for shuttle pick ups on more than one occasion and generally find the whole experience to be frustrating.
I've complained to the desk and while I've received apologies and assurances that it isn't the way it is supposed to be the shuttle service never gets better.
If I had any control over where I stayed I would avoid the hotel just because the shuttle service is so bad.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business