“Nice variety of birds”

and up
Salt Lake City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #13 of 154 things to do in Salt Lake City
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest aviary in the U.S. features extensive collections, educational programs and exhibits of more than 130 different species of birds.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Nice variety of birds”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were able to walk leisurely through the park with not much of a crowd. They have several owls which were all out during our visit. We also enjoyed going into a few enclosures and feeling like we were right in the midst of exotic birds. Per a sign, the Andean Condor is often walking free throughout the park, but he was enclosed when we saw him.

I would say this park is worth the entry fee. Fun for kids and adults.

Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Private Park”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We enjoy the calm and quiet setting that Tracy Aviary provides. It feels like our own private park. The grounds are well-maintained with clean restrooms and we are looking forward to the renovations being completed to upgrade our rating.

Visited October 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
455 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 469 helpful votes
“Nice selection of birds but it's mostly outdoors”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I was surprised that so much of this was outdoors. It was a snowy cold day and we had hoped to see something indoors, but we ended up looking for birds in the snow. It was interesting, but I think it would be much better in summer. They seem to cater to birthday parties for the locals, so some places may be off limits.

Visited December 2013
Sacramento
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Worth Visiting”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I really enjoyed this place and could easily have missed it. It's not well advertised. We took the train from downtown to the aviary. They have many enclosures and the staff are very knowledgeable about their birds as well as ones they don't house (such as penguins.)

Visited October 2013
Silverthorne, Colorado
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Special and fun place”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Make sure you visit the Tracy Aviary, whether you are a local or visiting the area. You can stay for awhile and soak it all in, or make a quick walk through if you don't have a lot of time (tickets are affordable enough that you don't have to stay all day to make it worth your while.)
The Aviary is great for kids and adults. I had a wonderful time taking photos - you get a lot of unique photos of colorful birds. The birds are beautiful and easy to see. Signage is informative. There is a small play space for the kids burn off some energy.
If I lived in Salt Lake City, this is the kind of place I'd have a membership and visit often. It would be fun to see it during the different seasons and different times of day. I'd take my kids to see the owls at Halloween and the bald eagle on July 4th. I'd go there for quiet time - just sitting and listening to the birds.
This is also a great place for an event. I attended a birthday party at the Chase Mill a couple of years ago and it was very classy and unique. The event facility was lovely and it was really nice to sit out on the patio eating and talking to friends. It would be a beautiful place for a small-ish wedding.
They also have birthday parties for kids ("Bird-Day" parties).

Visited May 2013