“Did not meet my expectations” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 400 West
Transit: Trax station one block North.
Description: In Japanese culture, a Dojo is a place where one practices a path to enlightenment, encouraging living in the present.At Dojo Restaurant & Sushi Bar we invite our guests to live in the moment as they enjoy unique Asian-inspired cuisine coupled with gracious hospitality. Savor their award-winning Japanese Ramen, explore flavorful specialty Sushi rolls and Sashimi, amaze your taste buds with their famous Dojo Ribs. Whatever your pleasure we appreciate the opportunity to provide our guests a break from the grind, creating an unparalleled dining and drinking experience.
Newport News, Virginia
“Did not meet my expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had marked out a lot of the good eateries in town because we LOVE food. I passed up Benihana's for this place and I do have some regrets. This place had good reviews on Urban Spoon. We walked in and were the only customers at 645pm on a Tuesday. It took a few minutes for someone to seat us although an employee was sitting eating. I ordered the Lemongrass Calamari and 'The Roll' sushi roll. Both were ok..nothing to write home about. Probably the best part of my meal was a drink I ordered called Enlightenmynt. Doubt if I would go back if I ever do visit SLC again.

Visited June 2013

Bristol, Rhode Island
“Hello! Anyone here?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I went in and sat down, yelled hello 5 times and decided to leave after about 10 minutes. Can't say anything bad about the food though, because I never got any. I can say the service was horrible though!

Visited January 2013
North Salt Lake, Utah
“...and now they have music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've been at and reviewed Dojo before and the food is just as good as ever, but on a recent Saturday night while dining before the symphony, we were thrilled to also be treated to a live jazz trio at 6:00 in the evening. What a nice addition, unthought of by many.

Our sushi and sashimi were still beautifully prepared and the Red Headed Step Chld was very healthy-tasting. I love the uniqueness of the preparation and especially the presentation, which is outstanding. Unfortunately, the tempura was a little oily and the service was a bit off. Each dish came out separately, meaning one diner had to wait for all the rest before her meal came which had the effect of us sharing meals that we hadn't inteded to, thus not getting quite enough of what we had ordered, but experiencing more than we might have otherwise. The oddest part was that the rice that was ordered to go with the sashimi came out after everything else was gone (forgotten?) even though the sashimi was the first dish to the table. Even still, we'd go back without hesitation.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank diinslc
Chicago, Illinois
“overpriced, sashimi bad cut”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

very very overpriced for what you get in this neojapanese restaurant, i paid 30 for 9 pieces of fish that's not even cut correctly - the ramen is very plain, broth has no flavor, will definitely not return, the downtown naked nish is much much better

Visited April 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We love Dojo! Great Wine selection. Service was fast and friendly. Great Menu - Best sushi in town. W emake Dojo one of our stops every time we are in town.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Krista H
dojoslc, Owner at Dojo Restaurant & Sushi Bar, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you very much Krista H. for taking the time to review Dojo! I am always striving to make the hospitality, food and drinks better; an integral part in me doing that is based upon guest feedback, so thank you again for sharing with us. I hope the next time you dine with us you will introduce yourself to me, my name is Kelly, I am the owner. Thanks again Krista!