“Great Sushi and atmosphere”
Review of Dojo Restaurant & Sushi Bar - CLOSED

Dojo Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 400 West
Transit: Trax station one block North.
Description: In Japanese culture, a Dojo is a place where one practices a path to enlightenment, encouraging living in the present.At Dojo Restaurant & Sushi Bar we invite our guests to live in the moment as they enjoy unique Asian-inspired cuisine coupled with gracious hospitality. Savor their award-winning Japanese Ramen, explore flavorful specialty Sushi rolls and Sashimi, amaze your taste buds with their famous Dojo Ribs. Whatever your pleasure we appreciate the opportunity to provide our guests a break from the grind, creating an unparalleled dining and drinking experience.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We love the sushi roles here.Or we have requested the chef make us something unique.The fish is always fresh tasting. I guess being only a block or two from a fish market is a good thing.

We often meet a group of friends here for dinner. They have several tables that will seat 6-8. The staff is very accommodating. The beer and wine selections are great. They have more than the usual Asian variety of beer. Unita Micro brews in the bottle. (full strength beer) and a decent selection on tap.

The atmosphere is great. on street parking is easy access.

3  Thank Gtxtrem

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I live in Salt Lake City and we are lucky to have many sushi restaurants to choose from. This one in particular is my favorite. From a classy but still comfortable ambiance to the culinary delights of their fresh catch sushi, this restaurant commands high marks.

The wait staff is educated about the product and great with a friendly description of a daily special.

Again there are many choices in Salt Lake but this one is the top of the list!

5  Thank scott b
Reviewed July 21, 2012

As residents of SLC, I cannot believe we didn't run into this place sooner. We had a reservation for a Friday night, promptly met, and were greeted with smiles and great service throughout the meal. I ordered the nigiri sampler and had nice perfectly portions including both the expected tuna and salmon, but also some new pieces, including a really good quail and fish egg delight. My husband had the sashimi, which included a fish skeleton that was like a fish chip, really tasty. Our son had the pork belly sliders, 5 (or was it 6?) little taco-shaped sliders in a rice bun that he said reminded him of pulled pork. Our daughter had the soba, which was the only meal that was somewhat disappointing, lacking the pizazz of the other dishes, but neverheless good enough to box up the leftovers! This miso soup is made with red miso, very nice and cloudy. My daughter had a cocktail which she found delicious but weak and I had the sparkling sake which I will definitely have again. The menu includes so many other dishes we've never had, but definitely want to try. Our server was super-attentive and nice and everyone in the restaurant seemed concerned with our satisfaction. As we walked out happy, my husband said, I think we've found our new sushi restaurant!

5  Thank diinslc
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We visit Dojo 3-4 times/month.
Their food is a creative blend of flavors, textures, visual presentation, whether it is sit down cooked meal or at the sushi bar.
Good selection of appropriate wines, draft or bottled beers, cocktails.
Staff knowledgeable and attentive.
Best Japanese/Asian food in Salt Lake City!

5  Thank maricbie
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I love this restaurant... the staff are so friendly and welcoming, and the sushi is some of the best sushi I have ever eaten.

The menu is awesome with such clever and interesting twists on old classics. This is the the goto sushi restaurant in Salt Lake City.

3  Thank alisterhufton