“Amazing experience”

Skywalker Balloon Company
Ranked #13 of 27 Tours in Salt Lake City
More attraction details
Owner description: Year round Park City, Utah Hot Air Balloon Rides. We fly 365 days a year, always weather permitting. See Park City from a unique perspective as you ascend in one of our hot air balloons, rising several thousand feet above the ground. FAA licensed and fully insured, we are providing Park City sunrise flights since 1996.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just soared with Skywalker Balloon Company in Park City today with my niece. It was an amazing experience on a gorgeous Park City summer day. The pilot/owner Will and his crew, Bill, were professional, friendly and knowledgeable - inspiring confidence especially in my 10 year old niece. It was fun to help set up and break down the bill and we really liked the feeling of a small company who really cared instead of a the big operations with van loads of people and no personal touch. Would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for something really special. "The best hot air balloon ride EVER!!!" (This last line was added by my niece as she read over my shoulder).

3  Thank WandererJ
wdrummer, Owner at Skywalker Balloon Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hello, and foremost "Thank You" so much. First for coming with us, and second for your kind words. It is clients like you, recognizing and appreciating all that we do, why we fly balloons. Personal and professional, we always strive to make your experience as exceptional as possible.
It was our pleasure having you! Thanks for keeping us going.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Going for a flight in a hot air balloon was number one on my bucket list, and when my friend invited me to go with her, i jumped on the opportunity. Will, the owner, showed up in leather pants and looked more like he was ready to go ride a Harley than fly a balloon. Once you meet him, you realize it is totally his style. Will and Dave (his chaser) are devoted and passionate about ballooning, and showing their guests a great time.
I was terrified when I got into the balloon, questioning my sanity, but the second the balloon left the ground, an unusual calm set upon me..It was sooo beautiful!!! Will took us up to around 13,000 feet high, where I started getting light-headed. I thought it was the elevation, only to realize that I was holding my breath!! Needless to say, the whole experience was breathtaking. Literally...I can't wait to do it again!!

2  Thank Dana P
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have always wanted to do a hotair balloon ride and decided to book for my 30th. I did my research and found this company and the website has a whole section for Bryce National Park. We planned our itinery around this as we were touring round for a fortnight. Upon booking that wasn't an option on the form! So I rejigged the plans and chose arches national park instead. I filled in the form, giving credit card details. I received an email saying it was a request only, not a booking. So when I didn't hear anything after a few days I had to call from the UK - quite an expensive phone call but had no choice as it was getting close to the time we were due to leave for our trip. I spoke to a man who was quite patronising and told me, no we don't fly for there in July - the temperatures are far too hot to fly as if I'd made a stupid request that I'd made up rather than taken from the website. So I booked elsewhere through Canyonlands Ballooning (who were absolutely excellent).

But then the day before we left I got a confirmation for Park city (several hundred miles away!) for the original date requested. I responded to this and said about our telephone conversation and I didn'y want the booking. I did get a response to say that was fine and no money would be taken which is fair enough.

I just think their website is misleading and found the whole booking experience very stressful (partly because I left it a bit close to the holiday to give me time to make alternative arrangements I admit)

2  Thank Rena8282
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Booking a hot air balloon trip is usually not done on a whim...there is quite a financial investment...so you want to make sure you get a great return. Our trip with Skywalker paid great dividends. Before we even arrived at our hotel in Park City, our concierge had recommended that we use Skywalker due to their reputation for making the trip a real personal experience. We are so glad we went with the suggestion. Will, who is the owner of the company and pilots the balloon is a class act, professional, and it shows how much he loves flying. I think the sky is his heaven. His communication and "check in" the night before was great. He met us at a designated location (he was early), and we then followed him to the launch site. Watching the set up was pretty interesting, especially since other balloon companies were launching in the same area. Even then, we noticed Will's personal touch with us compared to the larger groups brought in for their rides. Dave, Will's assistant, was professional and very friendly with our kids. It was obvious that safety was paramount to both of them. And we were off...smooth floating, great heights, incredible views, long ride, safe landing--once in a lifetime experience for our family. Dave in the chase car was there to help us land, and even shared some digital pictures he had gotten of us in the air--nice! We got to help pack up the balloon...the kids loved that too. Will and Dave drove us back to the launch site, and there--a wonderful touch which I don't think happens with other rides....he pulled out champagne (sparkling cider for the kids) and we toasted to a wonderful trip. A great toast...we could feel the warmth! You have alot of balloon companies to chose from...but really..in my mind, there is only once choice!

2  Thank alcoka
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We did our very first hot air ballon ride! We had a wonderful, exciting, safe, interesting beautiful adventure with Willy and Charlotte and four other passengers. We met early and drove to the launch site. Watched the entire set up process as the sun came over the mountains. Then a quick climb into the big basket and we were off. I wouldn't have known we were up except for our shadow on the ground below. It was a glorious feeling to float over the valley. There were other balloons in the sky, all posing for my photos. Very lovely ride. The landing was just as easy. We just gently sat down. Then we watched Charlotte, the ground crew, and Willy, our pilot, get that big balloon all folded up and put away. A short drive back to our cars and a champagne party! Willy and Charlotte were knowlegable and friendly. A very happy experience.

6  Thank IndianaPeggy