“Love the waffles!”

Bruges Waffles & Frites
Ranked #2 of 34 Dessert in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Utah
“Love the waffles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We've been here three different times now and always love our waffles. The fries are good, but the waffles are better. My husband loves the torpedo. I like mine plain - no need for toppings.

Visited October 2012

Bloomington, IL
“Uncanny.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had a vanilla waffle with blueberries and creme fraiche and it was one of the five best things I have ever eaten.

Visited September 2012
Southern New Hampshire
“I liked it, I loved it, I want some more of it !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Went by the reviews to try this place out as my wife loves a good waffle. These are not like the traditional waffle we are used too. These waffles are what a true New Englander would call WICKED AWESOME ! which means absolutely great in plain English. It is like taking that homemade chocolate chip cookie off the cookie sheet right out of the oven. You don't care if it is burning your mouth it taste that good. I didn't try the sausage, but wished I had. The place is a tiny hole in the wall, but they operate efficiently so your wait is not too long, besides it is worth the wait.

• Visited September 2012
Minneapolis
“Always make a stop when in town...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We love Bruges. The waffles are awesome, the fries are great, and it has a nice vibe. When it's nice enough, we sit outside as the counter space is limited. My favorite is the cinnamon waffle with fresh peaches and creme fraiche, though the season is limited on the peaches. Chocolate is always a hit for the kids. I don't know what the reviewer who hated the fries is thinking... They are wonderful and comparing them to McDonald's UNFAVORABLY is just bizarre. The food here is definitely for foodies. Pay up for an extra mayo or two. The aioli and Andalouse are both especially good. Decadently delicious and worth every penny!

• Visited March 2012
Oregon
“Walk up restaurant offers unbelievable European food in Utah of all places”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Chocolate stuffed belgian waffle. Yes, it's everything you'd hope for. Just flat-out decadent. The machine gun sub was as good a sandwich as anything in Europe. Ground spiced lamb sausage on a REAL baguette with lightly spicy homemade aioli. Just heavenly. Flavors so intense. It was featured on Man vs Food. GO HERE!