“Good food but not friendly service”
Review of African Market

African Market
Ranked #358 of 1,434 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I like the food here and have visited several times. However, the last time I went I found the ladies to not only be unfriendly but downright rude as if my friend and I were bothering them. I heard there is a new African restaurant in Sugarhouse. I will have to check that one out since this one is way out in Redwood Road and the last experience was not pleasant - I don't care how good the food is. If the servers/waiters/owners are rude, I don't want to go back.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

My husband and I found this jewel last weekend and are so happy we know about it now! They offer take out and dine in and the injera was spongy, sour, and wonderful. Very authentic; vegetarian and vegan plates available, lots of different sauces. The egg with chicken sauce was delicious. We cleaned our plates and wish we had room for more. Service was laid back - different people pitched in to seat us, take our order, refill icy beers, and check on us. We enjoyed the lively mix of ages and ethnicites among the other diners; a unique experience in Utah.

1  Thank echolaine
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This restaurant was recommended some time ago, and we finally got around to trying it. Now we are sorry we waited for so long! We let the food servers choose our meals for us: An appetizer that was kind of like a lentil-filled samosa, an entree combo for two (a large piece of injera bread covered with mounds of meat and vegetable dishes), and more injera bread on the side. We ate using the traditional style by picking up the food with our fingers using pieces of injera bread to scoop it up. The entire meal came to only about $30 and we brought leftovers home. The two women servers were among the most gracious and friendly restaurant hosts that I have ever encountered and the food was very good.

1  Thank RunnerWoman