“We will return”

Sea Salt Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Salt Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #343 of 1,421 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Six of us celebrated a friend's birthday at Sea Salt and for the most part, were happy with the service and food. We sat on the patio and enjoyed our dinner in a beautful setting. The olives, figs and Parma ham, and Caprese salad we shared for appetizers were all prepared well and delicious. We brought our own wines and the servers were very attentive in keeping our glasses filled.
Entrees included lamb chops, salmon, gnocchi, and pizza. Each of us cleaned our plates and raved about our selection (except the five cheese gnocchi).
The one oops of the evening was dessert. Our coffees and espressos arrived and were good but we had all finished them long before the desserts arrived. I asked for a refill on my coffee when my two cookies arrived, the waiter said he would have to charge me for a second coffee. I told him to check with his manager to make an exception because the cookies were so late in arriving. He brought one additional cup of coffee which we shared, The ricotta cake was flavorless and the tiramisu was underwhelming and only one of the two cookies was tasty. When the check arrived, the waiter said he took the tiramisu (the birthday girl's dessert) off the bill, and that it was more the the extra coffee he charged us for. Lesson learned: don't order dessert.
I'm going to overlook the dessert fiasco and go back because the food was that good.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

After reading the great reviews of Sea Salt, we took our daughter here for her Birthday dinner. We sat outside and had a great evening tasting and trying several dishes and wines. Great to be able to have 1oz pours of wine to decide on which bottle to get.

We ran the camit on food, started with Bruschetta and a cheese plate, both were outstanding. The cheese offerings were things we didn't know about and are now on our to get list. We tried a Margherita pizza that was OK, Ravioli Nonna was to die for, Spaghetti and meatballs great. Loved the sauce.

The veal was good but my fish didn't seem fresh, somewhat fishy.

Overall a pleasant and fun birthday dinner.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Dinner with friends on the patio. Service was great, pleasant and fun. Food was well above average and very good. The atmosphere is really nice and its a beautiful place. 4 meals, 3 were outstanding and we would all go back and looking forward to when we can.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our experience from good to terrible. My daughter and I went to lunch here yesterday we were having a wonderful day with her new little baby girl until my daughter got up from her chair on the patio and stepped in the large hole in the cement that was not covered over she fell all the way to the ground nearly knocking her baby over as well. When I tryed to get help from the employes inside the door was locked and even though they saw me no one would even come to our help. I called when we got home asking to speak with a manager about this extremely dangerous hazard and was told he was in a meeting and would call me right back I still have not recieved a call nearly 24 hours later. Warning to all the food was ok, prices very expensive but most of all customer service and concern deplorable, dont waste your time, money or physical safety!

3  Thank shanny2930
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We have the great fortune to live down the street and often stroll up to this charming neighborhood restaurant. The food is consistently excellent, featuring really fresh ingredients. The pizza crust is simply amazing, I would enjoy it on its own with no toppings at all! The service can be a bit slow and the architecture makes for a loud noise level when the restaurant is crowded but otherwise it has much to recommend it to those wanting a pleasant, relaxed, delicious Italian meal.

1  Thank Byelka