“Awesome Tapas and good times!”
Review of Eva

Eva
Reserve with OpenTable
Eva is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,406 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 300 S.
Description: Eva is dedicated to and named after chef Charlie Perry's great grandmother. Eva Coombs passed on her respect for quality ingredients, an emphasis on the nourishing benefits of food and most importantly, the shared pleasure of eating. At Eva, our tapas style dining promotes a communal sense of enjoyment. We have an extensive and varied small plates menu, craft cocktails and hand picked wine list.
Riverside, California
“Awesome Tapas and good times!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner with a bunch of ladies here and the food was great! I loved it and it is a favorite place to eat in SLC.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Good, but let's not get carried away, this restaurant is average.”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Ate dinner here one evening and had an enjoyable experience with good food. We had 5 tapas and were overall pleased with our food, but I'm not dying to return. We felt the food and service were average, perhaps slightly better but not by much. The restaurant is way too cramped as well, almost uncomfortably too close to other tables.
I would return, but it is not on my list for great restaurants in Salt Lake City.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“AMAZING”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my new favorite restuarant! My husband and I tried this "American tapas" restaurant on a whim. I'd heard an ad for it on radio. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Every single morsel I put in my mouth was amazing! They call it a tapas style restaurant because Spanish tapas are traditionally small plates of food, kind of like a whole menu of appetizers. But the food here isn't Spanish, it's Ameriacan food (generally speaking. There are some pasta dishes, some fish, some meat, lots of veggies, and even pizza, many with exotic/international preparations.)

The menu is quite extensive. Three pages of small plates and pizzas. We ordered 6 or 7 things, and each one was more delicious than the last. We had the Moroccan cauliflower, spicy snow peas, the blackberry pork loin (to die for! you have to get it if they still have it), the gnocchi (also crazy good),the flatbread with several tapanades, the macaroni and cheese, the spinakopita, and I can't remember what else. Each plate was enough for the two of us to share and each get a few bites--certainly not tiny. And by the end of the meal we were both stuffed. We liked everything so much that we came back a month later for my husband's birthday and brought a big group of friends. Everyone agreed that the food was amazing. We shared about 15-20 things between the 8 of us, and no one had a single thing they didn't think was amazing.

I also like the ambience of Eva. The first tme we went was in the late summer. We sat outside on the "patio" which is a converted ally behind the restaurant. That sounds lame, but it's very quaint and fun. The building is very old, and the space between it and the next building is super narrow, only two tables wide. The walls are all old brick, and they have strung twinkle lights and swaths of sun-blocking fabric on wires overhead. It's actually quite romantic and I felt like we were in Italy or something. Indoors is also fun and quirky, though very small and prone to be VERY loud on weekends. If you go during good weather, I definitely recommend the outdoor seating.

So overall, I can easily give this restaurant my highest recommendation. You'll find something for everyone to eat, from vegetarians to meat lovers, foodies to picky eaters. The prices are reasonable and the service is good. Go!

• Visited September 2012
Inman, South Carolina
“Fantastic Tapas”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went on a Saturday night and was fortunate to get a table. Small place great staff and excellent food. Tried a variety of small dishes and none disappointed. My friend had the mac and cheese and would not share, it was so good. It can be loud, but still keeps a cozy pleasant atmosphere.
If you have friends who enjoy sharing its a great place to try new things and experiment.

• Visited November 2012
Park City Ut
“Small funky place”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stopped in after a production downtown Salt Lake. SInce it was late, we did not want a heavy meal. We were pleasantly surprised by Eva. It is a small funky place that offers a wide variety of small plates. My only disappointment was that it was really loud. We were a table of six and I had difficulty hearing the conversation at the other end. But the food was delicious and reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2012