“Great Sushi, Fun Servers and Funky”

Sapa Sushi Bar & Asian Grill
Ranked #84 of 1,394 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: New restaurant opened last summer. See Web site URL.
Stansbury park, Utah, United States
“Great Sushi, Fun Servers and Funky”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is our favorite Sushi place in SLC. From the street you may not think much, especially with the bar and the tatoo parlor next door to the old Sears building, but behind those wood doors the place opens up to an interesting and modern restaurant. We love the blown glass lights, and have always had excellent service from the staff, but we go here for the such.

Our favorite rolls are the Imperial, the albacore garlic rolls and the crunchy roll. Give Sapa a try - I think it will become your favorite too.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank marshall5686

“Very good”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Love the beef vermicelli, I crave it often and highly recommend it
Tried the sushi once but its not my favorite. Ive really liked everything ive ordered there.

Visited February 2013
salt lake city, ut
“Slow Sushi”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I read a lot of reviews on this sushi bar before we went and unfortunately most were true.

The service was slow at best. We waited over 45 minutes before our first roll came out. The wasabi tasted like soap and the ginger was less than fresh. The rolls fell apart when using chop sticks, and I am no novice. The cost was on the high side for not so good sushi... too bad was hoping I could dispel other reviews.

With many choices in SLC for sushi this should not be on your high list of choices.

• Visited April 2013
stansbury park, utah
“Noisy but filling”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I looked for the top rated Asian on TA and found this. I'm not a sushi fan like the wife, but there are other choices on the menu. The sushi rolls were typical of most places. I had the curry noodle bowl which I'd give 4 stars. It was such a huge serving, could easily feed 2! Service was very attentive. My main complaint is the seating is so close to each other I felt like we were sharing dinner with the couple on the right and the couple on the left. Conversations were well shared. The place was way too noisy to enjoy dinner and ambiance is important to me. If I returned it would be in the summer when they have courtyard seating which is more open. Cost was inexpensive for what you get. Make reservations, they moved us ahead of a lot of open-mouthed people!

• Visited March 2013
Salt Lake City
“Always good”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The sushi is wonderful and well priced. There's a variety of other menu items that are also quite tasty, if sushi isn't your thing. Delightful outdoor patio in the summer. Service is usually excellent as well. Nice lunch specials.

• Visited February 2013