“Frequent once a week”

Ranked #231 of 1,390 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Finest Indian and Nepali Cuisine prepared by finest chefs.
Bountiful, Utah
“Frequent once a week”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Kathmandu has some of the best Indian food that we've had and the service has always been excellent and friendly. We go on average once a week for a nice Indian dinner or a lunch buffet on the weekends. Their mango lassi's are very tasty also. I can't say enough nice things about the owners of this restaurant but suffice it to say that it keeps us coming back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank foto_monkey

Centerville, Utah
“Do or don't the Katmandu?”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We enjoyed the buffet earlier this week, a lot of variety and wonderful flavors. I cannot say it equals the other well known Indian buffet in Salt Lake however. Everyone knows a book is judged by its cover and chicken out of the tandoori oven should be great and not something to be avoided on the second trip back. The chicken legs were very very small, burnt black in many places, and quite dry. The other selections were very good. To finish up the meal I was a little disappointed with the rice pudding desert. In conclusion, I won't be going back if I am craving tandoori.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank George F
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Very Disapointing Service...!!!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

On Thursday afternoon, on my school lunch break i went to the Kathmandu for the lunch as i was craving for the Nepalese famous food MoMo, and it had been long time i haven't ate that. The restaurant was also close to my school. So, i went there and order a MoMo. I was hungry, and i thought it would take 15- 20 minutes. But after 15 minutes i was told it will take more 15 minutes. I thought it was worth waiting additional 15 minutes for the food,so i waited. I waited, waited , and waited, it was already 45 minutes, but nobody showed up to me and gave me any information about the delay. I was so starving that i wanted to get out that restaurant so badly, but i didn't because i didn't want to waste the food which i had already ordered. Finally , after an hour my order came but the way they serve the food to me was very embarrassing. I was treated like a low caste people in Nepal. It was a very disappointing service to a Nepalese customer in Nepalese Restaurant, i never expected that kind of awkward moment in a Nepalese restaurant. Now I have decided, i will never go back to that restaurant again. It was horrible experience for me. I won't recommend any Nepalese to go to The Kathmandu Restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank Manup k
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Indian food close-by - will go again”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I went to Katmandu for a birthday dinner with my father and was very pleased. The food and service were excellent and there were a wide variety of dinner options. I am not vegetarian, but have many friends who are and this is a great option. One dish I would highly recommend is the Caraway curry chicken - was amazing. The portions look small when they are first served, but are very filling so you will not leave disappointed. One thing to note - the food is spicy. My father and I love hot food (I lived in Texas for two years) but the medium was testing us so order wisely. For anyone looking for Indian/Nepalise food in Holladay (or vegetarian), check this place out tonight.

Also - they are open on Sunday which is a rarity in the area.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank futureconsultant
Park City, Utah
“There are two - go to either for a wonderful experience!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Lunch option is a wonderful buffet that allows you to try out some of the staples of their menu. The menu is full of very savory items and the staff "knows their stuff" - they are all from Nepal. You can have spicy dishes and also ask them to tone them down. We have even taken our Grandboys there and they loved it. This is a place you will recommend to others and go back to often!

• Visited September 2012