“Tasty Consistancy”

Ranked #241 of 1,445 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Finest Indian and Nepali Cuisine prepared by finest chefs.
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have enjoyed The Kathmandu MANY times. Last night, once again, we left full and happy. The staff is friendly, the menu has an extensive selection, and the dinning room is filled with Tibetan flags, pictures, trinkets-plenty to look at.
The portions are more than satisfying and the spice level is, well, spicy. Mild is mild while hot is HOT.

1  Thank Jadegypsy

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We enjoyed very much our first visit to this restaurant. The staff is sweet and efficient. The food is tasty and priced right. We had delicious lamb curries, 2 varieties: you can select the spices, and also how spicy hot you want it. We loved the coconut curry and the fenugreek curry, that we ordered hot. The appetizers were crispy, the breads delicious, and we also enjoyed a couple of vegetarian specialties. We will definitely look forward to coming back soon!

2  Thank mauonthego
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This place is getting raves in the local paper, and I can see how–theoretically–they do, but my experience gets a FAIL on 3 points: Wait time: 2 hours from seating to entree, Food temp: cold, Chaos level: high.
Now, I understand that a table of 13 is a daunting logistical task on a very busy night, BUT after being shown our table I had to ask after menus after 20 minutes–no one had a clue that we hadn't gotten menus yet.
I'll start and stop there.
This could be a great restaurant, but it wasn't my experience.

1  Thank pickling
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Food was spiced perfectly. If you like a small kick, order everything mild. Vegetable momos, chicken tikka masala, saag aloo all have a rustic quality that is a nice change of pace from overly Americanized Indian food. Service was a little slow, but it was a busy night. All the staff are ridiculously nice and were patient with our larger group.

1  Thank docgoat
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The food here is always prepared well and the staff is helpful and charming. My husband and I enjoy eating here frequently and always leave with a full stomach and a happy heart. The menu has extensive options for vegetarians and carnivores alike.

1  Thank mcronin