“Not your average Mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Frida Bistro

Frida Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Frida Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #208 of 1,385 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: 900 South Trax Station is 4 blocks from the restaurant.
Description: A place for people who love fresh new high end Latin Cuisine & interesting, innovative wines in a hip relaxed atmosphere. Join us in our art-filled restaurant and explore Mexican Cuisine in a whole new way!
Draper, Utah
“Not your average Mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I only had lunch here and look forward to a good long dinner with drinks, family and friends! The best guac and sauces I have had in a Mexican themed restaurant. Great menu with foods prepared well and served in a manner normally unheard of in Mexican restaurants in the States where everything is piled on a plate and covered in sauce and cheese! Good range of appetizers, meat and seafood entrees. You will be surprised and not disappointed.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Fine Dining with a Mexican Flare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I think Frida Bistro is very cute. Its colorful, bright, and busy but not too loud. I was there with two girlfriends for a birthday dinner and we very much enjoyed the food, the drinks and the service. The calamari appetizer is fabulous, and the dessert with the plantains and (3 scoops of!) ice cream is to die for. I think it is a tad pricey, and do not love where it is located, but will definitely visit again.

Park City, Utah
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We chose Frida Bistro based on some local TV reviews and a few from here on TripAdvisor. First thing, if you're craving traditional Mexican fare - this is not the place. I had read the menu online prior to going, so knew it would be more Mexico City style and was prepared. The setting in an old industrial area of Salt Lake is interesting and the restaurant itself is charming in decor. Very comfortable. The staff was excellent. Friendly and attentive. Jessica, our server, was lovely. However, the food fell short of my expectations. We very much enjoyed our app of blue corn crusted calamari with a VERY spicy aioli. But, my chicken dish was over cooked and served with a strange plating of purple mashed potatoes mounded around a whole potato...just odd and lacking in flavor. The accompanying vegetable medley saved the meal. My husband's Sea Bass was quite nice, though again, the sides were strange and not very appealing. We felt the pricing a bit high for the quality of food. I doubt that we'll go back - which makes me sad, as I imagine on a lovely fall evening it could be a pleasant place to sit outdoors and eat a great meal if it was available.

Ogden, Utah
“HELLO?!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Granted. It is Labor Day, it is admirable that you folks have given your people the day off. But here is a silly thought, how about a sign on the door that you will be closed.
We showed up at 11:00 and discovered you do not open until 11:30. Fine, we sat there for 40 minutes waiting for you to open. Another couple showed up while we waited and informed us that they have run into this same problem three times already. So I joined them in the same thought,obviously you don't want my money. Business must be so good you only open when you feel like it. Except I have no plan to try to come by again.

Lemoore, California
“Culinary Artistry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

A meal at Frida's is an emotional experience, not just a lunch or dinner!! I was first drawn to try this restaurant because I have a strong connection (obsession?) with Frida Kahlo. I found that the food was a culinary equivalent to Frida's art.... bold, beautiful, earthy, and nakedly honest! I live in California, and visit SLC once a year, and I look forward, all year, to my visit to Frida's. Dine with the freedom of Frida Kahlo while here!! Drink, have an appetizer, savor your dinner, and even though you will think you cannot handle dessert... do it!!! Live large!!! Mexican food for the gods.

• Visited July 2013