“Fine Dining with a Mexican Flare”
Review of Frida Bistro

Frida Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Frida Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 1,412 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: 900 South Trax Station is 4 blocks from the restaurant.
Description: A place for people who love fresh new high end Latin Cuisine & interesting, innovative wines in a hip relaxed atmosphere. Join us in our art-filled restaurant and explore Mexican Cuisine in a whole new way!
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I think Frida Bistro is very cute. Its colorful, bright, and busy but not too loud. I was there with two girlfriends for a birthday dinner and we very much enjoyed the food, the drinks and the service. The calamari appetizer is fabulous, and the dessert with the plantains and (3 scoops of!) ice cream is to die for. I think it is a tad pricey, and do not love where it is located, but will definitely visit again.

There are newer reviews for Frida Bistro

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We chose Frida Bistro based on some local TV reviews and a few from here on TripAdvisor. First thing, if you're craving traditional Mexican fare - this is not the place. I had read the menu online prior to going, so knew it would be more Mexico City style and was prepared. The setting in an old industrial area of Salt Lake is interesting and the restaurant itself is charming in decor. Very comfortable. The staff was excellent. Friendly and attentive. Jessica, our server, was lovely. However, the food fell short of my expectations. We very much enjoyed our app of blue corn crusted calamari with a VERY spicy aioli. But, my chicken dish was over cooked and served with a strange plating of purple mashed potatoes mounded around a whole potato...just odd and lacking in flavor. The accompanying vegetable medley saved the meal. My husband's Sea Bass was quite nice, though again, the sides were strange and not very appealing. We felt the pricing a bit high for the quality of food. I doubt that we'll go back - which makes me sad, as I imagine on a lovely fall evening it could be a pleasant place to sit outdoors and eat a great meal if it was available.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Granted. It is Labor Day, it is admirable that you folks have given your people the day off. But here is a silly thought, how about a sign on the door that you will be closed.
We showed up at 11:00 and discovered you do not open until 11:30. Fine, we sat there for 40 minutes waiting for you to open. Another couple showed up while we waited and informed us that they have run into this same problem three times already. So I joined them in the same thought,obviously you don't want my money. Business must be so good you only open when you feel like it. Except I have no plan to try to come by again.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

A meal at Frida's is an emotional experience, not just a lunch or dinner!! I was first drawn to try this restaurant because I have a strong connection (obsession?) with Frida Kahlo. I found that the food was a culinary equivalent to Frida's art.... bold, beautiful, earthy, and nakedly honest! I live in California, and visit SLC once a year, and I look forward, all year, to my visit to Frida's. Dine with the freedom of Frida Kahlo while here!! Drink, have an appetizer, savor your dinner, and even though you will think you cannot handle dessert... do it!!! Live large!!! Mexican food for the gods.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is tucked into the industrial section of town and you must cross the railroad tracks to get there. Plenty of free parking and food to die for. Inside and outside seating. A friendly staff that wants to help make your experience enjoyable.