“An excellent facility”

Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY
“An excellent facility”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The University Guest House is a great place to stay or hold an event. The staff is so helpful and the facilities are impressive. It's 5-star quality with a 2-star price. I will definitley recommend this place. Thanks!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Ely, Nevada
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We needed a handicap room and it was the farthest from the entry as you could get. There wasn't much room betweenthe beds to get around the wheelchair. The staff was nice and helpful. Room smelt great. Lobby was nice.

• Stayed December 2013
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at the guesthouse when I had my surgery earlier this week. The staff was very friendly, the place was clean, when we asked for a shower stool it was provided to use in just a few minutes. There are refreshments available most of the time.
Now the bad parts: While the water in the sink was nice and hot the water in the shower was COLD!!! On occasion it would fluctuate to lukewarm for a few moments before it returned to being super cold again.
Internet - very slow. Checking email, facebook, and reading news were hassle.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marie H
PerryHacker, Owner at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Marie H,

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our all day refreshments and that our staff were responsive to your needs. We are proud of our housekeeping staff and all our staff who work tirelessly to ensure our hotel is as clean.

I had our maintenance manger look into the issue with your shower water temperature. It turned out to be a mechanical issue with the diffuser in the faucet and not an issue with our hot water system. That is why you were getting hot water in the sink and not the shower.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience this issues caused you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Salt Lake City.

Perry Hacker
801-587-1010
phacker@guesthouse.utah.edu
Reviewed December 19, 2013

courteous staff, excellent room, staff was very helpful in arranging shuttle to hospital. hotel was a little difficult to locate. we didn't break out to GPS but would have been helpful. could have used driving directions on the reservation.

Room Tip: staff will recommend a restaurant, but phone to verify its open. call hospital reservation desk for...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Buhl, Idaho
Reviewed December 19, 2013

As always, the facility was staffed by courteous knowledgeable staff. The room was clean and well stocked with appropriate personal items. appliances in the room were in working order and extra blankets were available if needed. I will go back. They do have a breakfast with plenty of options, plus fruit and beverages available thru the day.
My first complaint is that to submit this review I have to put it on Facebook or Trip Advisor, and if I don't have either? No review.

Room Tip: I like the first floor near the parking lot, I can load and unload my luggage easier.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed December 16, 2013

It was so nice and quiet. We were on the 3rd floor, with a nice room, very clean. The breakfast was very good with many choice. The hotel staff were very friendly and courteous. It is a little out of the way from the main area of down town. However, it was a nice atmosphere and surroundings being by the university.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I came to the University Guest House for a residency interview and I found the accommodations to be excellent. They had a full breakfast spread as well as coffee, water, hot chocolate and tea available at all times. The room was also great with a fridge and microwave. The best part, however, was the service I received when I needed to find a local pharmacy. The lady at the front desk gave me the number to tell my doctor and had the bell boy drive me to and from the pharmacy free of charge!

Thanks!