“Very Friendly, Great Place to Stay”

and 1 more site!
University Guest House & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We chose this place based on the Trip Advisor recommendations and were not disappointed.
The staff went out of their way to make us welcome, nothing was too much trouble - they even arranged to get tickets for the NBA game while we were there! Spotlessly clean. Nice to see a fridge, microwave and kettle in the room, there is also a small shop downstairs for things like milk and chocolate! Good car parking and convenient to the Trax station for getting around. I found the breakfast a bit ordinary but otherwise everything was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for University Guest House & Conference Center

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We book University Guest House each time we are in SLC due to its close proximity to Primary Children's Hospital. We are there multiple times per year with our special needs child & we travel from out of state.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great breakfast, amazing service. Also had hot chocolate and spiced cider at night. The best hot chocolar I have had. Very cozy on a cold night . Very accommodating staff. Clean, quiet. Will stay again when I am a patient!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel had the best gym I've ever used (cardio machines, free weights, cable machines, etc.). They also always had lemon water, cookies, hot cider, and hot chocolate available for guests at all times. The rooms were nice, but the bathroom was small and not as nice as the rest of the hotel.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I would describe the Guest House in one word: Easy. Whether you need coffee, a morning paper, to print your boarding pass, internet access, advise on getting around campus or the city, or a close meeting space, they've got your back. Online registration, checking-in, and checking-out, was the easiest hotel experience I've ever had. A group of us stayed there for a conference, and we are very hard to please with high expectations. Not only did they meet those expectations, they exceeded them. Not only is everything very easy, the staff is very friendly and willing to help. If you need a clean, pleasant, easy place to stay near Salt Lake City, pick the University Guest House. You'll be glad you did!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Who knew that the best place to stay in SLC was right on the beautiful campus of the U? Beautiful hotel, wonderful delicious breakfast, need I say more? No, but I will. Clean modern rooms. HUGE fitness center, (not that I used it--but I meant to...really, I did.) Very nice, thoughtful and cordial staff. I stumbled upon this diamond in the rough because of the conference I was attending, and now I have found my new "go to" place. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

First time using the Guest House. It was beyond my expectations. I was really impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the overall accommodations. Jack, or shuttle driver was amazing. What a great service to offer! It was a great value. And you can't beat the breakfast every morning, the warm cookies in the afternoon and of course the hot chocolate. Thanks to everyone for making my trip such an enjoyable experience. I will definitely be staying at the Guest House for any other trips to Salt Lake!