“One word: Easy!”

University Guest House & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I would describe the Guest House in one word: Easy. Whether you need coffee, a morning paper, to print your boarding pass, internet access, advise on getting around campus or the city, or a close meeting space, they've got your back. Online registration, checking-in, and checking-out, was the easiest hotel experience I've ever had. A group of us stayed there for a conference, and we are very hard to please with high expectations. Not only did they meet those expectations, they exceeded them. Not only is everything very easy, the staff is very friendly and willing to help. If you need a clean, pleasant, easy place to stay near Salt Lake City, pick the University Guest House. You'll be glad you did!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Who knew that the best place to stay in SLC was right on the beautiful campus of the U? Beautiful hotel, wonderful delicious breakfast, need I say more? No, but I will. Clean modern rooms. HUGE fitness center, (not that I used it--but I meant to...really, I did.) Very nice, thoughtful and cordial staff. I stumbled upon this diamond in the rough because of the conference I was attending, and now I have found my new "go to" place. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

First time using the Guest House. It was beyond my expectations. I was really impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the overall accommodations. Jack, or shuttle driver was amazing. What a great service to offer! It was a great value. And you can't beat the breakfast every morning, the warm cookies in the afternoon and of course the hot chocolate. Thanks to everyone for making my trip such an enjoyable experience. I will definitely be staying at the Guest House for any other trips to Salt Lake!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I love staying at the Guest House when we are in Salt Lake City! The front desk staff couldn't be any nicer. One of them even checked me in for my flight at the appropriate time, because I was going to be at a performance and was hoping to get a good boarding position.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great place to stay while visiting the University. Close to many torist attractions. Good customer service. Every one had a smile. Had a wounderful breakfast set up. Enjoyed that it was attached to the conference center. I would recomend this to anyone.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The guesthouse was exceptionally clean. The customer service from every single staff member we encountered was above and beyond anywhere I have ever stayed in my many years of traveling. Their prices are competitive. The facilities (guest laundry, fitness center) were clean, and perfectly suited to our needs. The lobby is large, well appointed and very clean. The little extras (board games, beverages available 24/7) and the willingness of the staff to help in any way possible really made this travel experience a wonderful one for my family and I. The staff was able to meet each and every request we had, from extra towels, to advice on local restaurants. The location was perfect for our needs as well. I highly recommend staying at the Guest House. I know that I will stay there the next time I am in Salt Lake City!

Room Tip: Rooms towards the south end of the building are quieter. The guest (unsecured) Wi-Fi is slow, but o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed at the University Guest House for two nights during a professional conference. The experience was wonderful. Great accommodations, the staff were professional and very helpful, the breakfast was awesome, and they always had coffee, hot cocoa, cider, cookies, etc. for the guests. It was very clean and well kept and it is obvious the staff work very hard to take care of the guest house. It was also very quiet, even though there were many other guests at the hotel. Thank you for the great experience!