1,183 results
All reviews fort douglas medical facilities great place to stay huntsman cancer institute red butte gardens starbucks coffee ice water salt lake free shuttle shuttle service bagels clean rooms free breakfast fresh fruit cookies nice breakfast exercise room
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had an appointment at UUMC and first booked this hotel as it is close to the facility and I was not familiar with SLC. The place is great, and now I would choose no other.

The rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. THEY EVEN HAVE TOOTHBRUSHES, PASTE, RAZORS AND OTHER ITEMS YOU MAY HAVE LEFT AT HOME AVAILABLE FOR FREE IF YOU ASK!

They have a free breakfast buffet in the mornings, as many places do, but I have found nowhere that serves one up like they do!

STARBUCKS Coffees, (reg/decaf), teas, cocoa, (regular/sugar free). Whole milk, non fat milk, 2% milk, half and half, non dairy creamer. Orange juice, apple juice. I counted 6 different dry cereals and also a crock of hot oatmeal. Bacon, western omelets, cheese omelets, plain omelets: (egg only). Pancakes or french toast. Fresh fruits, assorted breads, bagels and muffins. Butter or oleo. Chilled water, with and without lemon slices, and I know I have missed an item!

It isn't like other places where it is available until gone. They refill and replace items until the dining area is emptied of diners, (excepting that the coffees, teas and other beverages remain available.)

There are computers available in the lobby and a small shop with beverages and food items. Sodas, microwaveable pizzas, burittos and the like.

Oh yeah, the rooms have refrigerators, microwaves, and kurig beverage makers.

The rates are reasonable, and they even offer a lower "hospital rate" if you ask.

This place is a Win-Win! We have stayed there twice, and will again.

(It actually was not a business trip, but rather a "medical trip", but chose business as this is the closest trip option that fit.)

Room Tip: If walking is a problem, ask for a room near the elevator, the staff is very helpful.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I regret to say that our stay has been unsatisfactory. If would not consider staying at your property again.

We arrived late Friday and were put in room 245. This is right next to the elevator and we were kept up until the early hours
because of people ( teenagers apparently) using the elevator constantly. We were then woken up early Saturday because
of the elevator. Room 245 should never be rented. I complained to the front desk and the young lady told me she would book us into Room 214 for
the rest of our visit. When we returned from skiing later that day and checked back in, a different young lady told us we had not, in fact, been booked into
room 214. We ended up in room 365, which, of course, is not a suite.

Your young staff are very courteous but incompetent. Are they interns or student labour?

The mostly glowing comments on tripadvisor led us to book with you. We regret doing so.
The property has much to commend it for the right clientele, I'm sure, but it is woefully inadequate
in many regards and falls far short of what we had expected.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ringofbrighwater
justin_slc, Manager at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you very much for letting me know about your stay at the University Guest House. I am sorry to hear about all the problems you experienced. I want to apologize for this experience as it is far from what it should have been. Our staff failed on several levels and I will work with them to fix these issues. The hotel was sold out due to a youth conference. This happens few times per year and it is not the normal scenario for our hotel. I can see how this youth conference and the sold out hotel also added to your bad experience. Thank you once again for sharing your experience and giving us a chance to make improvements.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The employees were extremely friendly, engaging and helpful. The lobby is a wonderful place to grab a healthy breakfast, meet with friends/associates or get some work done before heading over to other buildings on campus. Glad that there is a recycling program! The plastic bag was hard to open, though. I've stayed here before and love the location. The view is nice too!

Room Tip: Ask for a view looking West out over the Great Salt Lake.
1  Thank Deborah C
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Staff was very friendly, no matter the time of day.
Breakfast was very good, clean, and food items were plentiful and were refreshed frequently, so no waits for your preferred selection.
Our business was at the University of Utah's research park, so location of the guest house accommodated our needs perfectly.
We plan on staying at the guest house our next trip to Salt Lake.
Room prices were quite reasonable in comparison with other motels in the area.
I didn't feel like I was in a typical motel, but rather in a "guest house".

Room Tip: Suggest getting a room on the west side of the guest house so you have a view of Salt Lake City, and the country west of Salt Lake City
1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times in the last 5 years. Everytime we have to go to the U of U hospital, we always stay here. The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice, breakfast is wonderful and full of variety. It is close to town but far enough away to have peace and quiet. They have made upgrades throughout the hotel, including a Keurig in your room!

The cable selection is a bit sparce for good channels, however, we did find something to watch. The beds are very comfortable. Whether its just my husband and I or the whole family this hotel accomodates us.

1  Thank maimersj