1,174 results
All reviews fort douglas medical facilities moran eye center huntsman cancer institute great place to stay red butte gardens starbucks coffee ice water salt lake free shuttle shuttle service clean rooms bagels free breakfast fresh fruit cookies exercise room
Reviewed February 21, 2013

If you have business near or at the University of Utah, I would highly recommend this hotel. It was very clean, quiet, and the continental breakfast was great! The room has a refridgerator and microwave, along with a Keurig K-cup coffee maker. Perfect and at $99 a night, it can't be beat!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marisa N
justin_slc, Manager at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. I appreciate the recommendation you have given. We hope to see you again next time you are in Salt Lake City.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The University Guest House is conveniently located on the University of Utah campus near the hospital and sports complexes. I had stayed at the hotel for the main reason to see the Arizona-Utah men's basketball and liked that I could walk to the arena. The front staff was very nice when I checked in and offered a room on a floor to my liking.

The room itself was nice and large. The king bed was very comfortable as was the duvet. There was a chair as well as a work desk. Otherwise there was not much else, which was just fine since I didn't spend much time in my room other than to sleep. I would recommend asking for a room away from the elevators and on the top floor. While sound is not too big of an issue, you can still hear those in the bathroom next door as well as in the lobby. The room has started to look its age, but not to the point where it becomes an issue. The dresser in the room however was beginning to fall apart and needs some work.

The hotel offers free coffee, hot chocolate, hot cider and water (with and without lemon). Breakfast had a selection of hot food which differed each day. They offer breakfast from 0600-1000 each day. While not necessarily the best, you still can't beat the fact that it is free.

There is limited parking in the front of the hotel. There are parking spots in the back as well. Parking may become an issue if the hotel gets full. Make sure to place the pass on the windshield as the lot may be patrolled.

My only issue with my stay was with the housekeeper. It seems that putting the "do not disturb" sign on the outside of your door is pointless. I had it out, but she just took it out and attempted to walk in after a very quick knock. Not sure what the deal was.

I would definitely consider staying at the University Guest House if you are attending an event at the University of Utah. Just keep in mind that there is not much to do around the hotel in the evenings, nor are there any restaurants. However there is the Trax station around the corner which will take you downtown if you don't want to drive.;

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank wbullseye

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad to see that word is getting around to the fans of the PAC-12 teams. It is so much easier to stay at the Guest House and not have to deal with the game time traffic.

I apologize for the housekeeping not honoring your do not disturb. That is not something we usually have an issue with. I will speak with them about ensuring that this does not happen again.

Once again thank you for your review. We hope to see you again for the next game against Arizona.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

University Guest House is a great place to stay for a awesome value. Check in was very fast and efficient and the breakfast offered was wonderful. You have a variety to choose from and will even please your picky eaters. The rooms are very clean and the staff was very friendly. You have cold water, coffee, tea available to you all day and my 12 year old son loved the Hot Chocolate available in the evenings. You are within 10 minutes walking distance to the Huntington Center (which is what we were there for). You have access to free wi-fi and computers are available in the lobby if needed. They also have a good selection of boardgame to help pass the time. I would highly recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank azcatfan

Thank you for your review. The hot chocolate is one of my favorites as well. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Just completed a 4 night stay at the Guest House while visiting my Utah student. The Guest House is an unbelievable value. Free parking, free WiFi, free hot breakfast, coffee/tea available all day long. Hot cider and hot chocolate available in the evenings. Rooms are large and very clean with refrig and microwave making it easy to prepare a quick meal. Staff is very helpful and polite- even with multiple requests for directions/ maps etc. Location is extremely convenient to campus and TRAX station. Discount for U parents. Why would you stay anywhere else?

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank lacrossemom1

Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that our student's parents are taking advantage of our convenient location. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! I have stayed at many hotels over the years from high end to low end, this was by far one of the best! Wonderfully clean; great room size; very comfortable beds. Breakfast had a nice variety of options, with coffee, tea and hot chocolate throughout the day, as well as fresh fruit. My son was having surgery and they drove me to and from the hospital and to his dorm. The staff at this hotel went out of their way to make sure my stay was more than pleasant. They were always helpful and accommodating! I would highly recommend this hotel over the downtown Marriott where I stayed last time, paid twice as much, and didn't have nearly as nice a room or was treated with such care and respect! Will definitely stay here on future trips to Salt Lake City.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Rome510

Thank you so much for your review. What an honor to hear that we are your favorite hotel to stay at. We will certainly share your comments with our staff to let them know how much they were appreciated. Hope to see you again.