Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
$99
Hampton.com
$104
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$109
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$117
$114
GardenInn.com
$66
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$166
$149
  • Restaurant
Little America Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$176
$129
Peery Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$107
$98
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

1,163 results
All reviewsfort douglasiced coffeemedical facilitiesmoran eye centerhuntsman cancer institutegreat place to stayred butte gardensice watersalt lakefree shuttleshuttle serviceclean roomsbagelsfree breakfastfresh fruitcookiesexercise room
Reviewed February 15, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! I have stayed at many hotels over the years from high end to low end, this was by far one of the best! Wonderfully clean; great room size; very comfortable beds. Breakfast had a nice variety of options, with coffee, tea and hot chocolate throughout the day, as well as fresh fruit. My son was having surgery and they drove me to and from the hospital and to his dorm. The staff at this hotel went out of their way to make sure my stay was more than pleasant. They were always helpful and accommodating! I would highly recommend this hotel over the downtown Marriott where I stayed last time, paid twice as much, and didn't have nearly as nice a room or was treated with such care and respect! Will definitely stay here on future trips to Salt Lake City.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Rome510
justin_slc, Manager at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. What an honor to hear that we are your favorite hotel to stay at. We will certainly share your comments with our staff to let them know how much they were appreciated. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have stayed at the Univ Guest House several times over the past 3 years. Each time, it has been a wonderful experience. The rooms are extremely clean, beds comfortable, check in/out fast and efficient, all employees helpful, breakfast well balanced with the all day availability of cold water, coffee, hot water, tea selection. The location is great for visiting at medical center, Univ of U & Trax is just across the road to get down to city. Computers in lobby as well as WiFi in rooms. No need to stay anywhere else if visiting SLC. Discount for UofU student parents!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WHKRochester
justin_slc, Manager at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad to hear that each of your stays has been a good one. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My granddaughter was a patient at Primary Childrens Hospital and to say this was a stressful time would be greatly understating the matter. It was so nice to stay here and have a place of refuge so close to the hospital when we needed a break. Everyone at University Guesthouse was wonderful and helpful. Laurel was fabulous to work with in making a reservation, the staff at the front desk was great as were the shuttle drivers. The rooms were comfortable and immaculate. Even though I only ate once from the breakfast bar the options and food were amazing. Saturday evening there was hot chocolate and hot cider with spices in the lobby - awesome! A HUGE thank you to all who work there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Diana Z

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that had a wonderful stay. I know our staff will be glad to see your review. I hope your granddaughter is doing better. Thank you.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Offers-
Inclusive Starbucks in the lobby.
Good bathroom supplies like H2O and Rusk.
Games to borrow in lobby.
Computers in lobby.

Our heater sounds like a baby crying when it is done setting the room temp.
All of the staff are crass and are not welcoming.
I even had a front desk clerk make a joke at my expense
to appease his female colleague, not cool.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mashia H
justin_slc, Manager at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for review. I want apologize on behalf of the employees you interacted with during your stay. This is unacceptable behavior and I can tell you it is not normally how our staff treats guests. I will certainly address this with them. Please feel free to contact me at anytime at jbrooksby@guesthouse.utah.edu - 801-587-1101

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here for one night for a residency interview. The check-in staff was excellent - very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good, and included egg items, which is a plus. It's walking distance from the medical center, which makes it very convenient. I would stay here again if I had business at the medical center or the university.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dsuar

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope your residency interview went great.