“University Guest House outstanding”

University Guest House & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have stayed at the Univ Guest House several times over the past 3 years. Each time, it has been a wonderful experience. The rooms are extremely clean, beds comfortable, check in/out fast and efficient, all employees helpful, breakfast well balanced with the all day availability of cold water, coffee, hot water, tea selection. The location is great for visiting at medical center, Univ of U & Trax is just across the road to get down to city. Computers in lobby as well as WiFi in rooms. No need to stay anywhere else if visiting SLC. Discount for UofU student parents!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WHKRochester
justin_slc, Manager at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad to hear that each of your stays has been a good one. We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for University Guest House & Conference Center

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My granddaughter was a patient at Primary Childrens Hospital and to say this was a stressful time would be greatly understating the matter. It was so nice to stay here and have a place of refuge so close to the hospital when we needed a break. Everyone at University Guesthouse was wonderful and helpful. Laurel was fabulous to work with in making a reservation, the staff at the front desk was great as were the shuttle drivers. The rooms were comfortable and immaculate. Even though I only ate once from the breakfast bar the options and food were amazing. Saturday evening there was hot chocolate and hot cider with spices in the lobby - awesome! A HUGE thank you to all who work there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Diana Z

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that had a wonderful stay. I know our staff will be glad to see your review. I hope your granddaughter is doing better. Thank you.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Offers-
Inclusive Starbucks in the lobby.
Good bathroom supplies like H2O and Rusk.
Games to borrow in lobby.
Computers in lobby.

Our heater sounds like a baby crying when it is done setting the room temp.
All of the staff are crass and are not welcoming.
I even had a front desk clerk make a joke at my expense
to appease his female colleague, not cool.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mashia H
justin_slc, Manager at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for review. I want apologize on behalf of the employees you interacted with during your stay. This is unacceptable behavior and I can tell you it is not normally how our staff treats guests. I will certainly address this with them. Please feel free to contact me at anytime at jbrooksby@guesthouse.utah.edu - 801-587-1101

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here for one night for a residency interview. The check-in staff was excellent - very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good, and included egg items, which is a plus. It's walking distance from the medical center, which makes it very convenient. I would stay here again if I had business at the medical center or the university.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dsuar

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope your residency interview went great.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I am so glad I stayed at the UGH at the University of Utah campus (5 days)

The staff was bend-over-backwards wonderful to deal with every time I had to make my reservation, confirm it, change it (3 times over as many months) and pay for the stay (with a combination of different accounts and credit cards). I made it very complicated for them, but every time they managed to work it out, find ways to save me money, and make it seem like their pleasure to boot.

The rooms were great, and the place really is like a boutique hotel - cozy and friendly, and exceptionally comfortable. It surprised me that our room was made up perfectly every day.

Will stay there again if I need to go to SLC (from Boston).

Room Tip: I think they are all good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LAUREN S

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that the staff went out of their way to help with your complicated accounts. Thanks for all your great compliments. Hope to see you again next time you are in Salt Lake City.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have had to stay at this Guest House so many times going to the hospital and doctors appointments. I am always relaxed there, they seem to take away my stress of having to go to a big city. We travel 3.5 hours to go to Salt Lake and I have had 11 appointments. When we need to get up extra early we just go the night before. I love this place it is always clean and stocked with everything you need. The staff is always willing to go the extra mile to help you and it is comfortable. The hospital rate is very affordable.

Room Tip: I have stayed in them all. They are nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank squash60

Thank you for your review and for being a loyal guest. We have a great staff and many of them who work at the front desk are students. They do an amazing job and love meeting people from all over Utah and the world. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was not expecting such high quality service and professionalism given the price of my stay here! I travel for work, usually a few times a month, and I have never encountered better people. Also, my room was immaculate, the coffemaker was a Keurig, there was room service available from multiple GOOD area restaurants (which was great since it snowed most of the time I was there; you can order food via the internet!) and the location is very convenient if you have business on-campus. The breakfasts were several cuts above your usual complimentary fare and had a homemade quality. Fresh apples and Starbucks coffee were always available and at night, hot cider with mulling spices. Easily my nicest (and cheapest??!!) hotel stay ever in four years of travel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MeloBro

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer. We are currently looking at adding even more dining options for our guests. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again.