1,175 results
All reviews fort douglas medical facilities moran eye center huntsman cancer institute great place to stay red butte gardens starbucks coffee ice water salt lake free shuttle shuttle service clean rooms bagels free breakfast fresh fruit cookies exercise room
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The exceptional service started with being guided in by phone when we couldn't find the hotel at 1 in the morning. The room was clean, roomy and comfortable, but what made it exceptional was the cleaning service. They were the friendliest cleaning staff I have ever encountered. And the breakfast was a delight for my children. Every morning it was a little different, so that made it fun for the kids, too. The management was gracious and involved, making a very friendly atmosphere, as well. It was quiet at night, and I got a good night's sleep each night of our trip. Also, their gym was by far the best gym I have ever used at a hotel. It made me WANT to work out while on vacation, which is rare. Overall a wonderful experience and memory. Thank you, University Guesthouse!

Room Tip: Our room was ground floor and in the far corner. No noise at all. More of a walk to get to, but worth it for the quiet. :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Annette B
justin_slc, Manager at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay. I think it is great your kids like the breakfast choices. My kids also enjoy being able to choose whatever they want for breakfast when we have stayed. It is so much funner than the three choices of cereal we have at home. Thank you for mentioning our fitness room. Much time was spent selecting the right equipment and changing things around in order to get it the way it is. We hope to see you again next time you are in Salt Lake City.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

In reading the reviews I was expecting much more from the hotel. Our room is next to the elevator and we can hear it all night long, the king bed is fine but the pullout sofa is horrible so the sofa itself is the extra bed for one of us. The maid service looked like she stopped midway through as the sofa bed was left just the way we left it. As for the wonderful views we have the snowy lane and historic buildings but we are no where near the view of the city. The city of Salt Lake and the University of Utah have been wonderful. I just wish I could say the same about this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank NorCalMom19

Thank you for your review. I understand that we have a high expectation to fulfill for each of our guests, especially when we are rated so high on Trip Advisor. I apologize that those expectations were not met for you. It sounds like one of the main issues was the location of your room. If you choose to stay with us again I am certain we can provide you with a room that has a wonderful view of the city, is not located next to the elevator and has two queen beds rather than a king and a sofa bed. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel. It is not acceptable for our housekeepers to not make a bed, I will certainly address this issue with the housekeeper that cleaned your room. Once again I apologize that we could not meet your expectations, however I am certain we can exceed them if you were to visit again.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights back in November while visiting the University of Utah. Aside from the breathtaking views that I had from outside of my hotel room, I found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful at all times.

Breakfast was also excellent and the free Starbucks coffee in the lobby was a lifesaver.

I didn't get much time to see SLC, but if one was to do so there is a TRAX stop located in very close proximity to the hotel.

Only downside would be a lack of restaurant for eating lunch/dinner.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank agentbates

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Hopefully the next time you are in Salt Lake you will have more time to visit all of our attractions.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Although my stay at the Guest House was short, it was definately sweet. I was very happy about how nice and neat the rooms were and they also included a Fridge, coffee maker and Microwave. The bed and pillows were to die for (wish I could have slept on them longer:). It was so convienient to have the continential breakfast provided, and it was great too, with so much variety!! Unfortunatley my stay was too quick I personally did not get to try out the exercise area. I would recommend this facility to anyone, whether you are a patient, family or staff member that needs to be close to the University off Utah, or if you're someone that just wants a convient place to stay close to downtown with easy public transportation access

Room Tip: Room that look west give you a nice view of the Salt Lake City Valley
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Amber L

Thank you taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

As always we had a great stay at the University Guest House. The staff is very friendly and helpful; the rooms are clean and well furnished.
I just wish the breakfast was furnished a little longer for us lazy bones.
If you are there for doctors appointments don't forget to ask for the special price on the room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Paula W
justin_slc, Manager at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for your review. We have received many comments from our guests about our breakfast hours. We have decided that starting in January we will extend breakfast until 10:00 a.m. Hopefully this gives you more time in the morning to relax and sleep in.