1,171 results
All reviewsfort douglasmedical facilitiesmoran eye centerhuntsman cancer institutegreat place to stayred butte gardensstarbucks coffeeice watersalt lakefree shuttleshuttle serviceclean roomsbagelsfree breakfastfresh fruitcookiesexercise room
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The existence of the University Guest House was a well-kept secret, but we are very happy that we are now "in on it"! We have a daughter at Westminster College which is just down the road, as well as other family living in SLC. The U. Guest House is a wonderful location for our needs, and the price is right. I was unable to find this Hotel on the regular hotel search engines, but I'm very happy I found it on TripAdvisor...clean, quiet, beautiful location, super breakfast, very friendly front desk staff. On TripAdvisor there was a discount code mentioned that would get us a free upgrade to a King Deluxe room, but I was unable to get this code to work properly. No problem! I mentioned the non-working code in the comments box when I made my reservation, and they gave me the upgrade, no hassle, no grief. We WILL be staying there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
PerryHacker, Owner at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I a glad you enjoyed the Guest House and hope your daughters move in went off without a hitch. Fall college move in is always a great time for us and I'm glad we could be part of yours. Thanks for the feedback about the upgrade code. I'll check into the issue, however, I'm glad to see the staff took care of your request in the comments.

I hope we get to see you again when you come visit your daughter in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is really convenient for visiting the University of Utah but is some distance from downtown, although the tram stop is only a few minutes away. Nice spacious rooms, friendly staff and small shop for forgotten essentials. The breakfast buffet is basic but there is coffee and tea available all day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Sarah2JB,

Thank you for your great review. I am glad you enjoyed our amenities during your visit to campus. We hope to see you again when you are back at the U or in Salt Lake City

Go Utes!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We loved The Guest House so much we added another night on to our stay! The wonderful, positive, helpful staff made us feel so welcome and relaxed. They all had a warm smile and genuine desire to accommodate our requests.

The facility is impeccably clean and the breakfasts are fresh and delicious.

We will be back many times.

Room Tip: We were on the south side of the building on the third floor, which afforded a wonderful view of Fort Douglas.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
PerryHacker, Owner at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Traci S,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We do have the best staff. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guest to ensure they have the best experience possible.

I am glad you had a wonderful stay and that the rest of your move in weekend was just as good.

See you soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

University Guest House was a wonderful place to stay. The rooms were very nice and clean. We really enjoyed the awesome view from our room. It was such a relaxing and peaceful place to stay. Thanks to housekeeping and all the staff for making our stay a pleasant one. We will definitely be back to stay here again.

Carol S,
Thanks you for your great review. We strive to make the Guest House a home away from home with friendly staff and clean facilities. We are definitely fortunate to have a wonderful view of the Salt Lake Valley. I am glad you had such a wonderful experience.

When booking your next stay, feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to help personalize your stay.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Convenient location for student parents, neighbouring university dormitory area.
Friendly reception desk and service staffs.
Spacy and cozy room.
Breakfast is ok, dining would be an issue. Nearest restaurant is 2-3 miles away.

Room Tip: Choose "kitchenate" room maybe a compensate to the dining issue.

Donglin H,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We strive to have fantastic staff, clean and maintained facilities, and great amenities and service.

We do have about a dozen restaurants within 1/2 mile from the Guest House, a few of them are within walking distance. I am sorry that you did not have a chance to experience them. If you stay with us again, stop by our guest service desk, we have a great list and map of all that is around us.

Regards,