“Beats other places”

Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Beats other places”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have been to Salt Lake City twice in the past couple of months for meetings at the VA hospital. The first visit I stayed at the Marriott, what a disappointment. Many services not available, Staff not very helpful, seemed like they were planning changes that hadn't taken place yet so no concierge, no one could make follow-up registration and people at front desk not knowledgable about the area.
University Guest House was fabulous. The place is beautiful, roomy, with the amenities I wanted for a week stay. The lobby and dining area were nice, not only for breakfast, but to study, eat take out food or just relax. The desk staff were so helpful. I will never stay anywhere else in Salt Lake City unless no rooms available. highly recommended

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
PerryHacker, Owner at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
PatriciaB,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that you had a great stay. We work daily to ensure the Guest House provides the servcies and ambience for our guests to relax and not only enjoy interactions with our staff but to feel comfortable in our facilities. We strive to provide the best service and amenities anywhere at a great value.

Thaks again for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

If I can do anything for you feel free to contact me directly at 801-587-1000.

phacker@universityguesthouse.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Springdale, Utah
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The existence of the University Guest House was a well-kept secret, but we are very happy that we are now "in on it"! We have a daughter at Westminster College which is just down the road, as well as other family living in SLC. The U. Guest House is a wonderful location for our needs, and the price is right. I was unable to find this Hotel on the regular hotel search engines, but I'm very happy I found it on TripAdvisor...clean, quiet, beautiful location, super breakfast, very friendly front desk staff. On TripAdvisor there was a discount code mentioned that would get us a free upgrade to a King Deluxe room, but I was unable to get this code to work properly. No problem! I mentioned the non-working code in the comments box when I made my reservation, and they gave me the upgrade, no hassle, no grief. We WILL be staying there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PerryHacker, Owner at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I a glad you enjoyed the Guest House and hope your daughters move in went off without a hitch. Fall college move in is always a great time for us and I'm glad we could be part of yours. Thanks for the feedback about the upgrade code. I'll check into the issue, however, I'm glad to see the staff took care of your request in the comments.

I hope we get to see you again when you come visit your daughter in the future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is really convenient for visiting the University of Utah but is some distance from downtown, although the tram stop is only a few minutes away. Nice spacious rooms, friendly staff and small shop for forgotten essentials. The breakfast buffet is basic but there is coffee and tea available all day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sarah2JB,

Thank you for your great review. I am glad you enjoyed our amenities during your visit to campus. We hope to see you again when you are back at the U or in Salt Lake City

Go Utes!

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We loved The Guest House so much we added another night on to our stay! The wonderful, positive, helpful staff made us feel so welcome and relaxed. They all had a warm smile and genuine desire to accommodate our requests.

The facility is impeccably clean and the breakfasts are fresh and delicious.

We will be back many times.

Room Tip: We were on the south side of the building on the third floor, which afforded a wonderful view of For...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PerryHacker, Owner at University Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Traci S,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We do have the best staff. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guest to ensure they have the best experience possible.

I am glad you had a wonderful stay and that the rest of your move in weekend was just as good.

See you soon.

Corona, California, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2012

University Guest House was a wonderful place to stay. The rooms were very nice and clean. We really enjoyed the awesome view from our room. It was such a relaxing and peaceful place to stay. Thanks to housekeeping and all the staff for making our stay a pleasant one. We will definitely be back to stay here again.

Carol S,
Thanks you for your great review. We strive to make the Guest House a home away from home with friendly staff and clean facilities. We are definitely fortunate to have a wonderful view of the Salt Lake Valley. I am glad you had such a wonderful experience.

When booking your next stay, feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to help personalize your stay.

Xiamen, China
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Convenient location for student parents, neighbouring university dormitory area.
Friendly reception desk and service staffs.
Spacy and cozy room.
Breakfast is ok, dining would be an issue. Nearest restaurant is 2-3 miles away.

Room Tip: Choose "kitchenate" room maybe a compensate to the dining issue.
Donglin H,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We strive to have fantastic staff, clean and maintained facilities, and great amenities and service.

We do have about a dozen restaurants within 1/2 mile from the Guest House, a few of them are within walking distance. I am sorry that you did not have a chance to experience them. If you stay with us again, stop by our guest service desk, we have a great list and map of all that is around us.

Regards,

Blowing Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Great location. Great and helpful staff. This is the best all-around place there is and I would certainly go back! The proximity to the campus and the slopes is hard to beat, coupled with the nearness to downtown, you can be anywhere you want in under 30 minutes.

Mom_with_teens47,

Thanks for your great review. We are lucky to have such a wonderful location with great views of the valley and close to so many things. I am glad to hear you comments regarding our staff and I will be sure to pass them along.

I look forward to your next visit. Feel free to contact me before hand if there is any way I can help personalize your experience.

See you soon,