“this was a very nice room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Downtown

Comfort Inn Downtown
Ranked #47 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Santa Ana, California, United States
“this was a very nice room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

this was a nice place the room was very comfortable and very affordable. and the tub was long and the bed were ever nice and comfortable. i still don't get why all the place i have been to have small pillows.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
We are very pleased you chose to stay with us! Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Price, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely LOVE this hotel. It's location is ideal for whatever activity I have in mind for downtown Salt Lake. The facility itself is gorgeous, with a hot tub, clean rooms, beautiful lobby, satisfying continental breakfast, the list goes on.
Most importantly is the staff. I've only encountered a few, but in staying there 3-4 times over the last couple of years, their night auditor James actually remembered me! And my preferences!
His level of customer service is a rare find, even in the hospitality industry. I would not be surprised to see him running that hotel or a bigger one some day soon. Any industry would be lucky to have him.
It's because of all of these things that I will always stay at the Comfort Inn in a Salt Lake.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
It was a pleasure to hear from you, Megan. We love to here from our regulars. James is the best and I have passed on your kind words to him.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was a repeat stay for us at this property. A perfect location for us within walking distance of our business appointments. We a lovely King bed room with a great bed; the mattress was one of the best on this trip. The extra care and concern for travelers that this hotel includes is a very comfortable lobby area with wide screen HDTV, a spacious breakfast area that doubles for the manager's "reception" in the evening, and cold, fresh water in the lobby. If you need it, there is a room with snacks to purchase as well.
We would stay here again and it is now on our favourites list.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is always a great pleasure to hear from our guests. Thanks for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you soon!
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

very professional staff. Helped me with downtown map, and directions to sites. Room very comfortable. Happy with my stay there. A few minor repair issues and I did not want to get the blame, so spoke with staff, who were very, very accommodating. I had my beagle with me, and did not want them to think he had done this. I found the facility very comfortable, and would visit again. I really enjoyed the breakfast, delicious waffles and fruit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
It is great to hear from you and thank you so much for your kind words!
Whitesboro, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Was wonderfully surprised to a spacious room and the manager's weekday welcoming party. The full hot breakfast was appetizing and shocked to see the variety of snacks and ice creams near the front desk, a nice addition. The washer & dryer was useful since we were traveling for a week. Took a leisurely walk around downtown visiting the sites.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jgemza
We are very glad you chose to stay with us! Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again.
Inverness, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for a week. We had a nice, clean suite for a reasonable price, and at a manageable distance from the Trax light rail line. The suite was clean, adequately furnished and comfortable, albeit somewhat dated.The staff was very friendly and mostly helpful. A free breakfast with a wide assortment of foods and beverages was available every morning.The Belgian waffle irons were very popular. Other foods available were fresh fruits, eggs, sausage, and beverages.
We had a bit of trouble logging onto our computers but the staff rescued us each time.
A couple of problems were not dealt with although we notified the desk: My friend could not hang up her clothes because one sliding door of the closet was off the track and would not open (I had already appropriated the usable part of that closet). However, she was able to use the couch in the living room instead. One of the drawers on my side of the dresser was missing a knob, so I only had two usable drawers. These were not serious issues since we had plenty of room in the suite. The drapes were better than at most hotels and the clock radio did not have bright display, so light pollution was not a problem.

Room Tip: We had the suite closest to the food...a nice perk when on a tough schedule.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I really appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel and I apologize for the exceptions in your room. We are working very hard to correct these in between seasons and hope you will choose us again.
MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was one of the BEST comfort Inns we have stayed at. No pool, but we were too busy to use it this trip, anyway. I suppose if you have kids, a pool is a requirement, but they did have a hot tub. This place was CLEAN clean clean. The staff very friendly.

The manager's reception during the week- with WINE and beer and appetizers.. wow! Their breakfast was very good. Nothing lacking.

Was within walking of MANY great places to eat. We walked all over downtown Salt Lake City from here. Enjoyed our stay.

I think I KNOW why one of the other customers had that puddle in their room, I blame the construction workers who put in their tubs! OUR tub, was slanted towards the outside, and the shower curtain never really sealed to the wall, so the water all went to the floor outside the tub. We would try hard to stop it, had to put two bath towels down and they would be soaked! It's not the hotel's fault this is happening at the moment.. I bet they fix it soon, too.

Room Tip: A room facing the street MIGHT be quieter than the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JackiePaper
Mark R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. I will definitely share our kind words with the staff and we hope to see you again soon!